“Shhhhhh..(dont tell anybody)”
Review of Tiara By The Sea

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Melbourne Beach
Tiara By The Sea
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Melbourne Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Shhhhhh..(dont tell anybody)”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I had a chance to stay in one of the ocean front rooms on the 2nd floor. Loved it. So quiet and relaxing. As others have mentioned in the reviews of this property this part of the beach is very uncrowded...We stayed for 2 nights and we will definitely be returning in the future. There is a policy that only adults are allowed on the second floor.....A policy we could certainly appreciate. There was a family staying in the building behind ours which is poolside...nice for families. We never heard them. The room we stayed in had a small kitchenette which was more than adequate for our needs. The wrap around deck outside our room was an upgrade we were happy to pay for.

Room Tip: Ocean front building 2nd floor rooms adults only!!! more expensive but worth it
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Ginny H

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have always loved the area south of Melbourne for it's quiet clean beaches and Tiara By the Sea did not disappoint. Beautiful beach and tranquility abound!

Joyce is a very lovely woman who is friendly enough without overdoing it. The room was very nice and although a bit dated, it was pleasantly dated as it reminded us of our youthful days! Bottom line was the room was clean and the stay was pleasant. Property is kept up was beds comfortable....view was very nice and all the amenities worked. A bonus was turles nesting at this time of the year (May). A Publix is close by and the people inthe area most friendly. I'd come back and visit Tiara for sure!

We would go back again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Colleen M
Weedsport, New York
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Tiara by the Sea for 10 days. It was our first time staying at this establishment. We could see the ocean from our deck by the pool. We stayed on the second floor of the Pool Building. The room was clean and Joyce provided clean towels everyday. Our room was spacious and had a separate bedroom (king sized bed) with two large closets. It had a full kitchen and good sized living room. We had a deck facing the pool and a deck facing A1A. There was always a comfortable place to sit, get out of the sun and breeze to read or just relax. There was a laundry with easy access in the office. All residents there were very friendly. We had a cocktail hour at 4:30pm everyday. Everybody would bring their own drink and a snack to share with the current residents and meet in the large office. Joyce the owner/manager was very nice and accommondating. She was available if you needed anything, but left you alone if you needed space. We are thinking about going there next year and maybe try one of the oceanfront rooms. Thanks Joyce!!

Sandy from New York State

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor of the Pool Building can view the ocean. If you want to hear the ocean st...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sandy W
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2012

If your looking for fancy....this aint it!!! The rooms are a bit dated, if you absolutely need wifi, they have it, they have flat screens in rooms, we would turn it on just to check weather forecasts. If your looking for a comfortable bed, clean room, full kitchen, decent pool and beach access without the crowds, this is the place. Very quiet, nice clean beaches, good surf fishing, some restaurants are close, but we prefer to grill during our stays, a Publix supermarket/liquor store is a few miles north of the property for all your supplies. To the south, at a flashing light is a bait store to get your surf fishing supplies, tide charts, beer, snacks and subs. You don't get daily maid service for short stays...you have to make your own bed and take out your own trash,,,,not really a big deal. The loggerhead turtles where nesting this past weekend, and some the the older nests where hatching baby seaturtles, whiting were running in the surf and being caught on cut clams, I caught a 26 inch snook in the late afternoon on a red/white mirrolure, large tarpon occasionally were rolling a few hundred yards out, good place to fish from a kayak. We have been going here for over 25 years, and go at least once a year for 2 to 3 day stays. Little places like this on the beach are dissapearing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Bob L
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Im from ky and come to visit every 6 weeks or so and we usually stay at sterling house , right do the beach from tiara ! This time my father and his girlfriend and my boyfriend and I wanted a less expensive weekend trip! We chose tiara because of a recommendation from
A friend ! We are more than pleased! It isn't ur four seasons by any means but it is private amd clean amd perfect for a romantic , peaceful vacation! I will definitely be back! The front desk attendant, Joyce, was a very sweet lady with a great attitude! Paradise in disguise is how I would describe tiara by the sea!

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Sweetmamy
Snellville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I've been staying at Tiara by the Sea since my childhood favorite, The Sea Dunes Motel, was sold and demolished. At first I didn't see how anything could measure up to the Sea Dunes, but I think Tiara surpasses it in many ways.

First I stayed at the motel and enjoyed it thoroughly, but when I realized Joyce also owned the two two-story condos next door, I switched to them. They're wonderful accommodations. Two bedrooms, a full bath and a complete laundry room downstairs, and spacious living and dining rooms, a fully equiped kitchen and a half bath upstairs, with a deck that looks out over the beach and water.

Tiara has the charm of old Florida and no pretensions. The owner, Joyce Gerlack, has become a true friend. She allows you to feel like the place is truly yours while you're there. I'm an author, and Joyce always makes sure my books are displayed on the tables when I arrive. I couldn't ask for more personal service but also the privacy I crave when I go there.

If you want a quiet, comfortable place with a mostly deserted beach for your vacation, Tiara is for you. If you want wild action and a fast pace, head up the coast to Cocoa Beach.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Lynda F
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This is a really good place to enjoy the sea and sun. The rooms are very confortable, they have a kitchinette, comfy sofas and recliners, cable flat screen TV, wireless internet, two small decks and a pool. most rooms do not have an ocean view but you are steps away from the ocean. I would definitely come back

• Stayed March 2012
#1 of 5 in Indialantic
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

Been to Tiara By The Sea? Share your experiences!