“Best Pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The pizza was so good and fresh, perfectly cooked we went back the next day! We told our son who just came into town and he loved it also. We also ordered the appetizer combo with Clams Casino and everything was fantastic! We will be going back again soon!

There are newer reviews for DeAngelo's by the Sea

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My family and I visited DeAngelo's the Friday after Christmas with a groupon that was offered. I am not sure what the previous viewer was talking about, but our food was DElicious!! I had the eggplant parmesean and it was absolutely fabulous. The eggplant was nice and crisp and not soggy, unlike most places. I also had a side salad with homemade balsamic vinegrette. It was huge and delicious..I could have eaten that alone. My son ordered a large cheese pizza and being from NY, it was one of the best pizza's I have ever had. My only complaint, and this is just a personal preference, I do not like al dente pasta. I prefer mine well done. But I am aware that most true Italian's prefer it al dente. The sauce was fabulous and definitely homemade with fresh ingredients. Afterwards, our waiter came by with a tray of Itailian cookies for us to try and they were great as well. Overall, I would most definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who is visiting the area. The prices were reasonable, with or without the groupon, and the food is amazing!!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Upon reading reviews and having a groupon we ate at DeAngelo's last night. Not sure where all the positive reviews are coming from as we found the food unacceptable. The only thing that was acceptable was a bland homemade chicken soup. The service started out attentive however it took over an hour and a half to receive our main dish. The waiter apologized for the wait and explained that one of the meals were dropped on the ground and needed to be prepared again. As I was eating my dish, it became apparent mine was the dish that was dropped as it clearly had grit/dirt in it. Upon asking the waiter if this was indeed true, he said he would remove the dish from the bill. SERIOUSLY, HOW GROSS, I can not get over I was eating a dish that was scooped off the floor. In addition, as there is no cell service I could not pull up my mobile groupon and paid full price minus my dish for the whole experience. Amazingly, with the staff knowing I was eating food off the floor, no one offered an apology.

1  Thank marybruno42
Phil D, Owner at DeAngelo's by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

I am sorry for your review as it is not possible that this could have happened as you say. Our servers, chefs, cooks and dishwashers have been with us since the beginning and they depend 100% of their livelihood on the success of our establishment, I have investigated the incident you refer to as Disgusting and I am 100% confident that this never happened as you tell it. I was informed by our chef there was a wait because of our pasta cooker going down, we had to reboot and bring water up to temperature. I can also assure you if anything was dropped on the floor it was thrown away as we have video on of our restaurant 24hrs a day.I am sure as you can see from our positive reviews that will will continue to bring the freshest foods and best service to our customers. Try us again.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

After relocating from NYC a few years ago, I've had my share of challenges in locating a good Italian Restaurant. So, I had family visiting over the Christmas holiday and had a groupon for De Angelo's, otherwise I would likely not visit Melbourne Beach in December. We had just taken a boat ride on the Indian River nearby, then arrived here at 2:30 pm on Friday. At first, I thought the place was closed for the holidays, as there were no cars in the lot. Luckily, it was open and the five of us had the place to our selves, and great service from our waiter Richard.

My mother and daughter ordered the Eggplant Parmigiana with pasta and red sauce. My daughter felt that the pasta was too firm and too much sauce (she's never visited Italy). My other daughter ordered the Spaghetti and Grandma's Meatballs. She loved it and although there were only 2 (large) meatballs, she said that it was filling (this one has visited Italy). My 11 year old grandson had a large cheese pizza to himself (well, not really). He loved it when Richard set the pizza up on a small table right next to him. Fortunately, I sat on the other side of the pizza to prevent him from grabbing slice after slice, although stuffed to the gills -lol.

I decided to go fancy and ordered the Flounder Mediterranean. OMG! This was baked flounder with prosciutto wrapped shrimp, feta cheese, sun dried tomato pesto, olives...the flavors were bursting in my mouth and I couldn't wolf it down fast enough. I also had Penne with red sauce and it was prepared just as I like it...Al Dente. I've been to Italy twice, and this was comparable to any I've eaten there.

We were unsure if bread accompanied the meals since there was none set on the table. However, when requested, a basket of fresh out of the oven seasoned flat bread arrived. I used it to scoop up the remaining sauce in my pasta bowl. Very good sauce. Additionally, my grandson had the fresh lemonade that was indeed freshly made.

All food was cooked to order and we did not have a long wait...most likely because we were the only patrons there at the time. However, considering the quality of the food, I would not have minded the wait...as long as there was bread on the table -lol. A couple did arrive while we were still dining.

In the back of the parking lot, there is a beach access, so we walked back there following the filling meal. What a great ambiance. The inside of the restaurant wasn't too thrilling, although it was spruced up with gorgeous beach photo scenes, and a large digital monitor that showed all the wonderful food that was available. There appeared to be an outdoor patio, however it was too cool to eat outdoors.

Although the restaurant is quite a distance from me, I will definitely return when I'm in the mood for some great, reasonably priced Italian cuisine.

1  Thank aquablue
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I love italian food and I ordered the Penne San Gennaro and it was absolutely fabulous. It comes with homemade pasta, sweet sausage, peppers, onions all sauteed in a extra virgin olive oil and a light fresh tomato sauce. I could not stop eating it...it was simply delicious. This is a dish I highly recommend. My mom had the stromboli which was delicious also and it was made with all fresh ingredients. And dad had the Lobster, shrimp scampi and he said it was delish and he would order it again. Had a great experience at DeAngelo's...the food was outstanding and the service was fantastic. I am definately going back to DeAngelo's for dinner. If you love italian food I highly recommend this restaurant.