“Great place to grab a pizza”

DeAngelo's by the Sea
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is probably my favorite pizza place on the beach. I usually order pizza for pick up but they also have a nice dining area and deliver as well. I have eaten in once before and they have good friendly servers. The pizza here is excellent and enormous! They have nightly specials and prices are reasonable. Our favorite is the white pizza YUM!

1  Thank yelloflihi

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Don't let the name fool you - it may be near the ocean, but the small dining has no view, not even of the parking lot. It's very small and claustrophobic - with an odd big screen TV. The red wine was warm, the entrée was just OK and the ricotta cheesecake simply bad. The only redeeming moment was the warm, homemade rolls. It entire place seemed rather dirty and unkempt.

1  Thank mbanga
Kenny D, Owner at DeAngelo's by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

I am sorry for your experience we will try harder to move the restaurant so it overlooks the ocean, but we might have to tell the turtles to leave and we will remove some of the tables when you visit us again.Thank You, your a lovely person/

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We love to eat out and are fortunate to have lots of choices in our area. DeAngelo's is the only restaurant that we eat at on a weekly basis. The chef is amazing and the food is always fresh, fantastic and reasonable! The mussels are out of this world! The eggplant parmesan is the best I've ever had! I usually go with a group and nobody has ever had a bad meal! Richard is our waiter and he is always right there with their wonderful bread and roasted garlic to spread on it! Rich (the owner) is so kind to us we feel like visiting family! This restaurant is right on the beach so you could even get some take out and eat right on the beach! Their pizza is great for that! I can't wait for our friends who are snow birds to come back down and try this restaurant! Jana & Jim

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Other reviewers have talked about and I can confirm: Tuesday night, at least in July 2013, a really good cheese pizza was $6.99 at DeAngelo's. The atmosphere, service, and overall experience was so nice, and the rest of the menu so tempting, that we came back two nights later for a non-pizza dinner. Each of the four of us found something we liked on the menu.The pasta dishes were uniformly excellent, the chicken francaise was well done, the salads and sides had obviously received as much attention as the entrees, but it was the "House Special" (my own choice) that knocked my socks off. It was original - medallions of chicken, chunks of Italian sausage, large "mushrooms" carved from new potatoes, broccoli rabe, and peppers - and beautiful to look at on the plate but, mostly, it was delicious. For a little casual place in a rather remote Barrier Island location, the quality of the food and the care in its presentation was astonishing. Match that with extremely competent and friendly service and you have one of those hidden culinary gems we are reluctant to share. Nonetheless, I will run the risk because DeAngelos By-The-Sea deserve it.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

On one of the most beautiful stretches of beach in Florida sits the unassuming yet fabulous DeAngelo's. Lunch was wonderful, everything fresh, perfectly cooked, an accommodating and kind waitress to my 90 yr. old uncle (who is a regular with my parents). Don't miss it if you are in the area.