“Come for the cheap pizza, stay for the haute cuisine”

DeAngelo's by the Sea
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Other reviewers have talked about and I can confirm: Tuesday night, at least in July 2013, a really good cheese pizza was $6.99 at DeAngelo's. The atmosphere, service, and overall experience was so nice, and the rest of the menu so tempting, that we came back two nights later for a non-pizza dinner. Each of the four of us found something we liked on the menu.The pasta dishes were uniformly excellent, the chicken francaise was well done, the salads and sides had obviously received as much attention as the entrees, but it was the "House Special" (my own choice) that knocked my socks off. It was original - medallions of chicken, chunks of Italian sausage, large "mushrooms" carved from new potatoes, broccoli rabe, and peppers - and beautiful to look at on the plate but, mostly, it was delicious. For a little casual place in a rather remote Barrier Island location, the quality of the food and the care in its presentation was astonishing. Match that with extremely competent and friendly service and you have one of those hidden culinary gems we are reluctant to share. Nonetheless, I will run the risk because DeAngelos By-The-Sea deserve it.

There are newer reviews for DeAngelo's by the Sea

Reviewed August 14, 2013

On one of the most beautiful stretches of beach in Florida sits the unassuming yet fabulous DeAngelo's. Lunch was wonderful, everything fresh, perfectly cooked, an accommodating and kind waitress to my 90 yr. old uncle (who is a regular with my parents). Don't miss it if you are in the area.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The best food every time we go, lots of everything, the portions are always huge....we love it

What really makes it great are the owners Rich and our professional waiter Richard...he's the best!

Joe & Louise

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Small and plain inside, understated. I got carryout pizza and pasta on two different occasions. If you are staying in the area it is certainly worth a try.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had the best pasta with shellfish I have ever eaten at DeAngelo's. Also try the Laura salad. Scrumptious!