“Delicious German Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Coconut Cove

Cafe Coconut Cove
Cuisines: German, European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Authentic German Cuisine served in a relaxed atmosphere right on the Indian River Lagoon. A very Romantic Location to watch the sunset and have a great meal.
Florida
“Delicious German Food”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The food at Cafe Coconut Cove is a delicious insight into German cooking. There is a variety of entrees ranging from various sausage platters to Sauerbraten (my personal favorite), to Goulash, to various Schnitzels, all deliciously prepared. There is a range of side dishes to order, and of course, several authentic German desserts like Black Forest Cake and Apple Streudel.

To drink, you can choose from both German and domestic beer and wine, or various soft drinks.

This restaurant has a very relaxed atmosphere, with a beautiful view of the Indian River Lagoon. The food is a little on the expensive side, but worth it.

• Visited April 2014

Jacksonville, Florida
“Do you like change? Then this is for you!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Sometimes we all need changes in our lives that includes food choices. For starters this a true German decent restaurant. From your beer or wine choice down to the food choices. My husband and I both ordered different meal intentionally in order to sample more choices. We always felt a restaurant should offer a sampler plate that includes small bites of all the menu choices but still no one has that menu choice any where we have been. We started with a shared order of potato pancakes followed by a very tasty salad. Then the entrees arrived. My husband had the steak and seafood béarnaise and I had rouladen plate. Both had flavors out of this world. We each had different desserts, carrot cake and black forrest cake. They have a sign posted your wait for the food entrees is longer than expected. So don't go if your in a rush or antsy. This is a place to chill out, sit back and enjoy the ride. They have a nice seating area outside that you can go and wait next to the river and watch the sun set depending on your arrival time. I do feel the prices were a bit high so if we lived in that area we wouldn't be able to go very often. I also thought the dining room was too tight and crowded. One of the waitresses dropped her tray near me and I got a small milk bath on my back as the dishes went on the floor. She did not ask me if everything was alright, however a friendly gentleman setting and cleaning tables did apologize, I think that experience could have been handled better by offering us free dessert. So it does have some issues, but not with the food.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank nermpook
Ohio
“Just ok !!!!!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

After reading the reviews we were very excited to dine at the Cafe. The food was average but pricey. The view was great. Our waitress was very pleasant. We probably won't return. It was just ok!!!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Penny N
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Awesome authentic German food”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The food here is excellent and very authentic. I have been here a couple times with my boyfriend and most recently brought a group of German students for a celebratory dinner. They all liked the food and said it was very authentic. I love getting the combination platter here. Dinner is a little pricier but worth it for sure! Appropriate portions and a good atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013
Austin, Texas
“Best place for dinner”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Located out of the traffic, this place is all what you may ask for dinner. From location, view, atmosphere, variety of food and excellent service. I was impressed mostly of the view. Making it perfect for date dinner, family dinner, or business dinner. OK so I used a lot "dinner" mainly because of the lovely sunset view from the restaurant. So having a tasteful meal wile enjoying the sunset makes the perfect place for dinner. Add on top of it an impeccable service and you have a lovely evening.

• Visited May 2014