“Top ten beach dining in Brevard co!”
Review of Sand on the Beach

Sand on the Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Come relax and enjoy the ocean breeze, attentive staff, and picturesque view. Whether dining on the deck, or our second floor bikini bar with an unrivaled atmosphere, unwind and have fun! Your vacation is just around the corner
Reviewed January 28, 2013

As a Melbourne beach resident I have the handle on good restaurant dining. Having Lived in NY I dined in some awesome 5 star dining establishments in the city, Boston, LA, MIAMI, and New Orleans. Lets remember "Sands on the beach" (as the name implies) is an on the ocean with a great view especially with a full moon. It is a very casual flip flop and T shirt environment serving the usual hamburger,fries and cold beer. For the discriminating eater they offer crab cakes (outstanding)' fresh fish inc local raw oysters and several different salads for u vegetarians .
I must admit my recent eating experience here was my initial happening. The ownership operates in Melbourne Beach an upscale steak and lobster fine dining cafe, and another casual restaurant called City Tropics featuring early dining and blackboard specials. Ok back to the Sands; excellent service where the servers assist each other and are aware of their guests needs. The mgr on duty "JiM" was friendly and showed a expertise in the restaurant business! Overall good dining experience. A must place to dine when in Melbourne Beach. For individuals whom had a mediocre visit their last time around please give them another shot. No, I am not a relative, friend, or was compensated for this glowing review. I had fun here!!! PS Marks, Ph.D

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We always have friends and family visiting and we always take them to Sands to eat. The location is perfect and while the food is sometimes hit and miss, they seem to be striving to add new menu items and shake things up. WOnderful place to have a drink in their bikini bar upstairs and watch the moon rise or the surfers ride waves. Definitely a place to hang out!!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

If you are looking for a place to eat with a great view, this is the place. It was cold the day we went, so we sat upstairs in the dining room area which overlooks the ocean. You will need to find it yourselves for they did not seat you when going upstairs. Overall the food is OK and so is the service but if the view is more important then this is the place to go. We went for lunch but did notice that they a low cost breakfast special.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Go for the location! go upstairs to their "Bikini Bar." The only place in this area you will sit almost on the beach! I've had good food and I've had fair food -- this time the seafood cocktail sauce was weak with little flavor and the shrimp were okay but with the highest price I've paid locally. Service was (as you will read from others) fair. We literally decided this time to go to one of our other local spots for more food later after enjoying the view. We have met friends at the Bikini bar and had decent sandwiches.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The view is spectacular right on the beach. There is an upper patio for really warm days and tables on the sand if you want some shade. The drinks are good and generous. I especially like the Bloody Mary. The burgers are great. The wings and pulled pork sandwich excellent as the pork and chicken are smoked on premises. The service is prompt and courteous. I can't think of a reason not to go here at least once a week!