Seashell Suites Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sandrift Motel(Sebastian)
View Hotel
Ocean Front Villas(Melbourne Beach)
Very Good 4/5
    Floridana Beach Motel(Melbourne Beach)
      Surfcaster Motel(Melbourne Beach)
      Average 3/5
      Blue View Inn(Melbourne Beach)
      Excellent 5/5
      Excellent 5/5
      All reviewssurf boardsprivate beachtiki hutbeach towelsliving roomdeck overlooking the oceanenjoy naturelaundry machinesget awaysand toysnatural settingbreakfast snacksone of a kindatlantic coastrelaxing vacationtropical paradisemaster suite
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed July 9, 2014

My friends and I stayed at Seashell Suites after a long weekend in Miami and we couldn't of asked for a better stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The grounds are very well maintained, as are the rooms. We enjoyed a few drinks under the tiki every night and never had a problem with noisy guests, busy highways or anything. We spent every night just relaxing outside, enjoying the peacefulness of this place! It was simply the best ending to a vacation and we wish we had stayed here the entire time! Thanks to Mr. Mazelow and the entire staff for a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2014
      SeashellSuites, Owner at Seashell Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a positive note for us Mr. H. We are glad that you and your friends enjoyed yourself and the beach getaway. We hope to see you again soon. Best regards and Safe Travels.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

As a Florida native I'm always on the look out for comfortable, non-touristy hotels on the beach and Seashell Suites didn't disappoint.

The Good: Nearly everything! We had a wonderful arrival experience. The girl who checked us in took great care to show us to our room and around the grounds. She was extremely friendly and polite. The rooms were perfectly appointed with nice furnishings, fully stocked kitchen, and comfortable bedding. The grounds were immaculate and you can really see the care the staff takes care to maintain very peaceful, natural surroundings. There were a dozen little things that were completely unexpected like a stocked fridge with juices for the kids, small snacks, multiple grills, lots of group seating, and even recycling bins. We took advantage of the surf boards, kids toys, and beach chairs. They really have thought of everything!

The Bad: The hotel doesn't have daily room service so we had to track down the maid daily for trash bags, toilet paper, and once a broom. It would be nice if they did a daily check in to make sure nothing needs restocked. Lastly, and this is not the fault of the hotel, but should be noted, that the area starts to get covered in bugs starting about 5pm. Bring very strong bug spray and don't expect to spend too much time outdoors in the summer evening (unless its windy, then you should be fine).

Room Tip: We stayed in the Starfish Suite which was lovely. The only issue we had was the front room had light curtains and there was a very bright porch light out front. It didn't bother my husband at all, but I had a really hard time sleeping since the room never got dark.
      • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for the "Good" remarks. I think you have touched on some of the great points of our small resort, but I was a little intrigued as to why the "essence" of what you wish to convey to the readers was to leave a negative impression. I made detailed inquiries with the staff regarding your "Bad" comments as they seemed inaccurate, exaggerated, and untruthful and can report the following rebuttal.

The area does not get blanketed by bugs in the summer and one cannot go out in the evening unless one applies strong bug spray and you should be okay if there is a breeze. This is a totally exaggerated statement of a nature preserve wherein after the summer monsoon rains, yes noseeums can be plentiful on a given evening in the green vegetation line of the beach and surrounding natural hammock areas, but this is not a nightly occurance as you imply. All the other guests were enjoying the same evenings you were present, turtle watching, BBQing, and socialising under the Tiki. There are mosquitoes and noseeums (small biting flies) in natural mangrove areas of all of the State of Florida and thousands of Hotels, many 5 star rated, that see some "bugs" in the State of Florida in the summer after rains. Noseeums can come out on wet evenings after rains in Florida and nuisance some people, just like up north at the cottage, and it did rain several evenings you were with us, but your comments are vexatiously exaggerated.

Yes, its true we do not do daily housekeeping, but as per our written policies, can or will do daily housekeeping for a fee if a guest desires this service, or assist with specific needs at no charge (vacuum a rug or help with a need intra Suite for our guests). Fresh sheets and towels are always available. You did not track down any staff on a daily basis for toilet tissue or "supplies" etc. This is a false statement.

I discovered what I believe is the reason for your bad spin on your written comments was because you were irritated that you booked your reservation for 2 people and arrived with 5 people and did not want to pay for the other 3 guests, stating that your husband was coming the next day in a different vehicle, and your mother was only going to be with you for two of your 4 nights, which statements were also not true. Your party of 5 was there every night. It is terribly unfortunate, that for a few dollars, that you apparantly resented paying, you allowed yourself to become annoyed as evidenced by not acknowledging Carol's attempts to say Good Morning Mrs R, how are you? ..can we get anything for you? ..on multiple occasions. You ignored her. I think you were the architect of your attitude and for such a minor sum of money that you felt you just didn't want to pay the resort for the 3 persons you brought with you in addition to the 2 persons booked for, we find ourselves now taking (wasting) all this time back and forth, and creating ill feelings. I know of no restaurant that you reserve dinner for 2, arrive and dine 5 people with complimentary drinks, coffee and deserts, and pay for just 2 (and then write negative comments on a "review) This is bad form Madam, totally unnecessary. I will sign off by thanking you for your business and for choosing our resort, and feeling bad that you did not have the best time that you could have because of this slight manipulation of your reservation at your end. Best of Luck and Safe Travels.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

My first vacation in 20 years. The Seashell is one outstanding place to take your shoes off for the week ! Great rooms, great Staff ! Really nice family atmosphere. Mr. Mazelow and staff have it right how to make your stay relaxing and fun. A place where you bring your change of clothing and food. Anything else you require is there at the Seashell or they will find it for you. It was a sad day when we had to check out and I had to put my shoes back on my feet. Can't say enough good about the Seashell. If you just want to sit back and let the world go by and enjoy the ocean, this is a must stay ! Thanks everyone at the Seashell for making my stay a ten star time.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
      SeashellSuites, Owner at Seashell Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Mr. R,
      I must say I was surprised and delighted at receiving your comments. We are delighted that you found our vacation "palette" to your liking, including our quiet and peaceful nature filled surroundings, comfortable modern convenient Suites, private gated beachfront, and amenity rich grounds. We hope that you will come and join us again if you are able, and might I add Sir, you are a gentleman. Appreciate you.
      Wendell

Reviewed June 17, 2014

From the pictures we couldn't tell if this was beach side cheesy but we said what the heck..and OH...My...Gosh...I am so glad we did. The turquoise shutters you see in the pic aren't only cute they provide privacy from the outside yet let light in from the inside so you needn't draw your drapes. The grounds have a Tahitian/South Seas vibe..very nice. The suite interiors are not South Seas decorated but nicely decorated in typical/nice beachy decor. The living area is spacious with large flat screen HDTV, at least in our suite (Conch). What I really appreciated about this space is that somehow they've managed to make it family friendly yet quiet and zen enough for a couple looking to relax and unwind. The kids hang at the beach all day and dip in the pool at night and then eat with their families....Disney resort screaming kids it is not, but kids are happy and delighted. Our 13 year old loved chatting with a 60 something guest about recipes, fishing, and travels. Such is the mood here. There is a fabulous beach front terrace with lounge couches. Outdoor gas grills under covered grass tiki style roof, be sure to enjoy a dinner here. You will undoubtedly discover wildlife on the premises for your delight. I saw a pod of dolphins swimming very close to shore. Other guests saw a snake, turtles, frogs and an armadillo and loads of lizards. Laundry machines are modern and free of charge, they provide soap. As a matter of fact they provide beach towels and chairs. They even have a courtesy snack shack (just don't abuse it, it's not meant to sustain you). There's no real downside, but there are a few little gnats that come out at night so if you are from a dry locale you might consider bug spray. Also they do not have a broom in the suite so we ended up with cereal all over the floor from the kids. Carol (the lady who will check you in) is soooo sweet she would have swept for us in the blink of an eye but we did not want to bother her (she would have said it's no bother). The owner is the nicest gentleman will either leave you to your privacy or will happily chat you up with stories of wildlife in the area or any other topic you can get him on. The beach is great the waves were very gentle, good for kids and for drifting on your floatie. Since the hotel is small, the grounds are never crowded and the beach has just a few people on it. You can look to the left and look to the right and you will see no crowds, the only people on this beach are the guests. There are some houses nearby so I guess those people come down too. I hope this review is helpful. Oh, THANK YOU CAROL so much for finding my favorite white shorts and flagging me down as we leaving. You are a dear.

Room Tip: come early
      • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
      SeashellSuites, Owner at Seashell Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Mrs. K, so nice of you to write us a kind review. Yes, its always that way regarding Disney vacations. Better to spend the 5 days at Seashells and 2 at Disney, than the reverse. We are happy that your boys enjoyed our genuine and REAL nature getaway on the beach, not the synthetic one at the Theme Park. Next time, we can organize a nature tour or offshore fishing on the public fishing boat out of Ft Pierce, half day that you guys would love.
      Thanks again very much for being our guests, and taking the time to leave a kind comment on our efforts here.
      Safe Travels to you all, and hope to see you again.
      Wendell

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was taken here as a surprise, and surprised I was!!! This resort has 8 - 2 bedroom suites is perfect for a 2 couple getaway or family getaway.

Lush landscaping & little paths wind in & out of the pool area, grilling area, & to the boardwalk to the beach. It is a private beach, however the seaweed could have been raked back for the guests to make their way to the water.

And one little experience should not go unmentioned. As we were sitting on the couch watching tv in our suite, one of the owners or maintenance men opened my door & started to walk in. Don't know what that was all about.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
      2  Thank Laurette B
      SeashellSuites, Owner at Seashell Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

It is against the Law to Rake or alter the beach during turtle nesting season, subject to Florida Statutes of a protected Species and a fine of up to $10,000. Can't "rake" through a nest of fresh Loggerhead eggs...right? The amount of dried seaweed is absolutely miniscule and I am at a loss for words or understanding of your criticism.
      The Suite next door had a burnt out lightbulb and the guest came to the office to ask for a new one. We opened the door of the Suite you were in for half a second a few inches, with a "Sorry, wrong Suite" as the guest was uncertain of which Suite he was in. He then identified he was in the Suite next door, two feet away and we went in his Suite. Not much of an adventure there.....
      So, thank you for joining us.