“Good, but could be better.”

Djon's Steak & Lobster House
Reserve with OpenTable
Djon's Steak & Lobster House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: S. Riverside Dr.
Description: A fine dining experience in Melbourne Beach. Djon's offers classic fine dining plus a wonderful, fun piano bar with live music every night. Djon's Steak and Lobster House offers a sumptuous menu with Certified Angus Beef steaks, lamb chops, veal chops and seafood. Classic favorites such as the steamed lobster and filet mignon keep customers coming back while new flavors such as the lobster mac 'n cheese and the jumbo stuffed shrimp soppressa keep the menu flavorful and eclectic. Join us for dinner or stop by and have a drink at the Red Shoe Bar and Lounge.
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Wednesday evening, not crowded at all. A regular at a table near me was disappointed the chef was not in this day because he wanted to order a custom meal (apparently he does this regularly). He was assured the kitchen staff was good and could accommodate him. I finished my house salad, which was very good, and then my pan seared sea scallops arrived. I was disappointed seeing the scallops black on one side (rather than slightly browned on both sides). The scallops were flat (question the sauce), but the risotto was good. Staff very cordial and efficient, and the dining room elegantly appointed. Great sunset. Coffee excellent. I suspect when the chef is at work, or when the kitchen works get more experience, this could become a very fine restaurant. It's worth a try.

There are newer reviews for Djon's Steak & Lobster House

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This restaurant is located in a quaint location in Melbourne Beach. Parking is limited, but that's the only complaint I have. Walking past the exterior gardens, I was greeted by a pianist singing and playing lovely melodies on a grand piano. There is a stylish bar that had some attractive young professionals congregated around it. The manager of the place, Eddy, saved my night. I was presenting for a group and I was missing cords for my projector. He came through with a spare and saved me. Gerrit was our server whose wine recommendations were what I'd expect from a professional sommelier and had all of my guests pleasantly surprised. The food was fresh and delicious. Service was 5 star. If you are in Melbourne and looking for a romantic dinner, or just a place to hang with some locals while enjoying nice food, drinks and atmosphere - this is your place.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Djon's Steak and Lobster house has by far the best Piano bar in the county,
Had a great time there this Sunday. the piano was at a good volume so you can conversant
and still enjoy the music, drinks and descent size and the food was definitely
some of the best I have hade there, I would recommend giving it a try.

1  Thank Stephen L
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Service was fine and the atmosphere unusual but interesting with red leather chairs and gaudy crystal chandeliers in the dining room. The piano bar was even more eclectic with elderly sugar daddies lounging in zebra skin chases, their yacht coats making a poor impression of Thurston Howell. I say this in all sincerity- I was truly entertained by the atmosphere. How can I say this gently? The food is truly subpar, I've eaten here on 4 different occasions only because I live a few blocks away and my company refuses to heed my advice about the food. Each time the food leaves me disappointed, no, it's not horrible, but generally unimpressive and bland. When they tack on an exorbitant bill at the end, I can't help but feel I've been taken for a ride. Where is your palate people? Ive caught my own florida lobster for the last 30 years and I can tell you the Florida lobster tail is overcooked and not at all fresh. The same can be said for the mahi. The filet was not bad, but I've had hundreds which were better, and how can you turn such a fine cut of meat into average is
beyond me. The food here is fair to average, to expect me to pay 40 an entree for average lends me to believe im paying for atmosphere, if i want atmosphere, ill go to Ten Pound. Me thinks gentlemen, the women are trying to get you to parade them here as its price point makes it exclusive and for its perceived hipness, for lack of a better word. Does anyone remember the story of the emperors new clothes? I seem to remember everyone being afraid to call out the emperors robes (or lack of) because of the overwhelming weight of popular opinion. This is such a place, I kick myself every time I go, hoping against hope that the food will be different this time, alas no, and my wallets 200$ lighter. With practice Dijon might make an interesting club or jazz lounge, he just needs to drop the facade of having a kitchen.

1  Thank Gourmand121
djonpepaj, Owner at Djon's Steak & Lobster House, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Mr. Copper (Keep your Atmosphere )

As an owner of this establishment I welcome every review and comments that our guest post.
After all we are here for one reason only " To Serve our Guests needs and expectations"
Let me start by saying that I appreciate you taking your time to write about our establishment.
I want nothing less than having our guest experiencing the true feeling of great service and superb food.
Our core value is To be true to our guests, provide the best quality of food, and unsurpassed service.
Djon's Steak and Lobster House is one of the oldest structure in the Island, dating back to 1885.
From being an Inn to a Restaurant since 1960's, it has endured changes, but still has that old charm feel of early times.
Djon’s established in 1993, has served the local community for 20 years, diners, weddings, function and many dignitaries.
Our core guest are the locals, some of our regulars come to the piano bar every evening for happy hour to enjoy a drink and listen to the piano or jazz.
Couples take the opportunity to sit at the bar or around the fire pit on the patio, enjoy a cocktail or a glass of champagne prior to being escorted by the Matre'd to the dining room.

Our philosophy is, use nothing less than the freshest ingredients, from herbs to making our crepes out of thinly sliced eggplant, roasting beets to our warm goat cheese dressing.
Our Bar Harbor, Main. lobsters are delivered fresh daily.
Our steaks and chops are Certified Black Angus Prime and Choice, aged for 30 days minimum.
We choose to use 10 ounce Florida lobster tail, given the size the meat tends to be slightly firmer and less tender due to the nature of the Fish, where the Main lobster is more tender and sweeter.
We use only fresh fish, delivered daily, which has to qualified by our chef Kenneth Saufl and Sue Chef Lou.

We do not serve Mahi nor do we ever have it in as a special.

Our firm policy is that "No guest shall leave unless 100% Satisfied"
Mr. Cooper I cannot change the past, but I will assure you that if you expressed the slightest dissatisfaction, or Valued General Manger David Ness would have been more than happy to address any concern on the food.

Djon Pepaj
Owner

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The food at this location was "ok", nothing great. The staff was very nice. The building seemed old and tired. Not sure if we would try this location again.