“Great seafood, great atmosphere!”

New England Eatery & Pub
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: New England Eatery & Pub is a family owned and operated establishment. For over 25 years, we have taken pride in serving only fresh New England Seafood. Specializing in Ipswich Clams, Deep Sea Scallops, Fresh Haddock and Fresh Cod and Maine Lobster. Our menu offers a fresh variety of sandwiches, salads, and entrees that incude seafood from New England as well as Florida. We have combinded our Northern traditions with our southern roots to provide our guests with a menu that appeals to customers all along the east coast. We offer inside and outside dining, and have 2 full liqour bars. We also cater to large parties and groups, in our back banquet/dining room.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Love this place! We go here every time we're in the area. It's the only place around that you can get New England-style steamers, and the lobster rolls are delicious. Very casual and comfortable after a day at the beach.

There are newer reviews for New England Eatery & Pub

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Hubby and i stopped here while in town for the weekend. Native New Englanders now living in FL, we are picky about seafood. Hubby had the New England clam chowder which he said was very good. Lobster salad had chunks of lobster and was not dripping with mayo like some places. Hubby is also fussy about his whole belly clams favoring those from Ipswich. He had them on 2 occasions and said they were very good. Popular with locals who were friendly. I personally liked the Halloween decor. They put in a lot of effort. If you are looking for upscale, this isn't for you. Some of the best seafood places in New England aren't either. Will be back the next time we are in the area.

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We ate here a few nights ago, and have both good and bad to share. First, the positive. I had the lobster on special, 1 1/4 pound Maine lobster, boiled, and it was fresh and fantastic! Excellent!

Then, the neutral. Salad was okay.

Then, the bad. My husband had their platter of scallops, shrimp and fish, broiled. He said it all tasted bland, and the same, and said "It might as well have been put in a blender and made into a smoothie, no difference in taste." No seasoning.

He had the Ceasar salad, and said it tasted "off", so he didn't eat much of it.

I had a glass of the house merlot, and it tasted like the bottle had been opened weeks ago and was gross.

The place is filthy, decorated in tacky Halloween junk over the old, dusty fish decor. Everything from the carpet to the tables, chairs and doors were sticky and dirty.

They have potential... But someone needs to call Chef Robert in!

Jacquims84, Owner at New England Eatery & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

The New England Eatery is a family owned and operated restaurant that has been serving Brevard county for over 25 years. As the Owner of this establishment I have read your review and have taken what you stated into consideration. I do want thank you and your husband for coming in, and stating that we do serve excellent lobster on your review. If your husband did not like his seafood, we would have gladly replaced it with a new entree or something else of his choice. We do serve the freshest New England style seafood in Florida and offer it in a variety of ways; grilled, cajuned, blackened or fried, as well as broiled. As for your wine, we have happy hour where a glass of our house merlot is only $3.50. We do pour a lot of wine and open new bottles daily, but if you were unsatified with that we would have gladly offered you something else to drink.
Halloween is a very special time for our establishment. Since there are not many places to go around here, all the local family come in with thier children to eat and see our decoration. The kids enjoy them. As I said before, thank you for coming in and giving my restaurant try. I hope that you will come back soon and give us another chance.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Using the name "New England" probably brings in many more customers than their food. Service was between cool and indifferent. I had the New England Clam Chowder for starters and this was much different from what I have experienced in the New England areas. This tasted like a sausage and gravy mix without the sausage but a few chopped clams added. My wife had the Lobster Bisque which had the same thick tasteless base with chunks of lobster added. As with the clam chowder not a trace of cream could be detected. My wife's main course was a trio of clam strips, shrimp and scallops with French Fries. The clam strips were rubbery, the shrimp were fine and the scallops OK, the fries were soggy and mediocre. I had the fried clams and scallops with cole slaw. The clams and scallops were fresh and sweet, the cole slaw average.

The bill with 1 drink was $58.00.

Jacquims84, Owner at New England Eatery & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

As the Owner of the New England Eatery and Pub, I am highly disappointed that you did not enjoy your experience at my establishment for the food as well as the service. We do our best in providing the freshest and most authentic New England style seafood around. Our clam chowder and lobster bisque are both homemade with the use of mostly cream, but I am sorry that it did not taste to your standards. I would like to thank you for coming in and hopefully you and your wife would be willing to give us another try in the near future.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Rustic setting; no view of the water but simply great New England style seafood at reasonable prices. We tried steamers, fried oysters, scallops, and Whole Belly Clams. The onion rings were excellent as well with one order enough for 4. Lobster bisque was good but the clam chowder was the best. Service was excellent!