“Great As Always”

New England Eatery & Pub
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: New England Eatery & Pub is a family owned and operated establishment. For over 25 years, we have taken pride in serving only fresh New England Seafood. Specializing in Ipswich Clams, Deep Sea Scallops, Fresh Haddock and Fresh Cod and Maine Lobster. Our menu offers a fresh variety of sandwiches, salads, and entrees that incude seafood from New England as well as Florida. We have combinded our Northern traditions with our southern roots to provide our guests with a menu that appeals to customers all along the east coast. We offer inside and outside dining, and have 2 full liqour bars. We also cater to large parties and groups, in our back banquet/dining room.
Sebastian, Florida
“Great As Always”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We've gone to New England Seafood many times and have enjoyed everything we ordered. My husband loves the mussels as they are tender, tasty, and done perfectly. I enjoy the fish and chips--nothing fancy- just a good meal. On our visit of two weeks ago, I had the sea scallops which were wonderful, and always a favorite of mine. I also enjoy the oysters which are always good. If you like clam chowder, do give it a try as it's the best I've ever had, lincluding the chowders I've had in New England and Canada. The soup is loaded with clams and is seasoned to perfection. It's thick and creamy and my idea of comfort food. One word or warning, the bowls are huge and will be way too much if you're planning on having a meal as well. We order the bowls only when we want that as our meal, or if we split a sandwhich. The cups are larger than most places and are perfect to have with a meal. It's not fancy at all so wear those jeans. You can eat outside or in depending on weather. The service is great also. This is the place to go to have a good meal, at a resonable price. Give it a try and I know you'll go back again and again just as we have.

• Visited February 2012

Toms River, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Reliable seafood year after year..”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We are snowbird "regulars" at the NE Eatery, and have been for almost 20 years. The seafood is GREATt; baked, broiled, or fried....And the portions never leave you wanting for more. My folks always said if you want to know how good a restaurant is just count the cars in their parking lot.....Well seeing is believing, just try to find a place to park on Friday and Saturday nights! Obviously I am a big fan, but the Eatery is not perfect.....there is always room for improvement; such as their mediocre coleslaw and furniture that is aging and uncomfortable. But heck, I am there to eat, and I give them 4 stars for serving consistent, delicious, abundant seafood dinners year after year. Spruce up the place, hire a sign maker, dump some gravel, make fresh coleslaw daily.....And they get the extra star from me! Jeesh, I sound like a crabby old Q-Tip :)

• Visited February 2012
Virginia
“Rustic gem”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

If you like New England seafood, you will love the New England eatery. It is rustic, without the New England charm, but the food is great and always consistent. Waitresses are friendly and accommodating.

Visited February 2012
“Terribly disappointed with the quality of the food.”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Ordered the fish & chips - baked potato was fine, the fish was just barely OK, tartar sauce was right out of a jar and horrible, and the Cole slaw was room temperature out of a can and the worst I've ever tasted - it was unedible and we could not believe they would serve such a bad product!

1 Thank HCQ
Liverpool, New York
“I expected more”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

It was just "ok" - disappointing after reading and hearing rave reviews. We had oysters and whole clams. Very dark inside.

Visited January 2012