“One of Brevard's Best”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2013

What can I say about this place. It's been in Old Downtown Melbourne for years. The service-Awesome. The menu-Awesome. The taste-Awesome. They just keep on keeping on.

1  Thank Dave G
There are newer reviews for Continental Flambe

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very disappointed. We made reservations weeks in advance for a party of 16 plus 2 children under the age of 10. We weren’t told that they “didn’t cater to children” until the waiter was taking our orders, and he was less than accommodating in offering a balanced meal. So the kids got side orders of potatoes, pasta and vegetables that had to be reordered because the chef didn’t even have the common sense to leave off the spices. Ok so kids aren’t their forte, but our service was worse. One waiter to serve a 4 course meal to a party of 16? Really? We were seated at 6:30, and didn’t get the desert menus until 9:20. Needless to say with each course the first guest served was nearly done, as the last was receiving their plate, and having to send one mea back because it was overcooked made the wait ridiculous. Ok, so it that’s not enough, no sooner than the waiter returned with our receipts they choose to blast music to our room so it couldn’t be misunderstood that they wanted us out ASAP. As if it was our fault the meal took over 3 hours.
Don’t get me wrong, we have dined here many times in the past and have been pleased with our experience, but the attitude has obviously changed , and we will not be going back anytime soon.

1  Thank J D
Reviewed June 30, 2013

my wife and i had dinner last night, the dinner started off great, but went south on the service
the escargot apps were great, and the salads, very good, the entrees veal cutlet and the chateaubriand were warm, at best . the arugula salad on the veal was very good, while the veg with the chateaubriand were a problem, potatoes /undercooked and the asparagus, overcooked.
the real killers were the dessert and coffee. my wife ordered cheese cake and decaf, while i ordered an espresso and the cherries jubilee / the worst i've ever tasted,/ asked if they had marie brizzard annisette, that was a mistake. the waitress had no idea, what i was talking about, but left to find out, where she went was a mystery, it seems she forgot. it took quite awhile for her to come back. they didn,t have it. i made a mistake by asking what brand of sambucca, that they had. the waitress forgot again, .eventually i got a sambucca. but our coffees were cold, and we had no utensils, cream or sugar. another waitress helped out. in the words of tom dooley, "we shall never return". no management, no one manning front door.
several groups of people came in for a private party, in the side room. they were left waiting at the door. they eventually roamed in and found the party on their own. also they have an open kitchen, at which a waiter was arguing with the chef, about not having mashed potatoes, in front of the patrons.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

For the first look the restaurant looked romantic. Service was the worst I've ever seen. The waitress forgot everything - bread, wine, our orders. She looked tired and we felt like she wants to get home as soon as possible and clients are disturbing her. Food was OK, nothin special. I would expect more from the restaurant of this kind. It's good to know I will never come back there

2  Thank Helsinkilainen
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I love his place. We eat here whenever we need a change from the everyday. I always enjoy the food. Portions are just enough to leave room for dessert. I have always been pleasantly surprised whenever I try something new.

1  Thank Rwill97