“Continental Flambé for Fine French Cuisine and Service - Try Their Continental Bleu Martini”
Review of Continental Flambe - CLOSED

Continental Flambe
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Cocoa Beach, FL
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This gem of a restaurant is located just on the edge of Melbourne‘s Historic Downtown Area. For many years, I intended to dine here - just never did. When I recently receive an invitation to attend a special group event luncheon here, I was thrilled to accept. I was not disappointed. The high quality restaurant has received many awards for its fine cuisine and extensive wine list and deservingly so. I thought that parking might be a problem but we found a space right on the street near the restaurant.

When we arrived, I noticed the inviting ambiance of the main dining room with its charming bar, open kitchen and beautifully dressed tables with red table napkins. I knew that we were in for a special treat. The restaurant was busy the afternoon that we ate here. Our group hostest as well as the restaurant wait staff warmly greeted us. We sat in a private dining room off the main one. Our separate dining room was large enough for our group of 25 diners. We sat at two long tables dressed with white linens and real velvety roses. A printed menu sat at each place setting. We had a choice of several crepes. After giving our beverage order, we perused the menu. One diner asked our server, which was the best crepe, she replied the Beef Tenderloin Crepe (on the regular luncheon menu for $11.95.) Some of our group went with her suggestion. All Crepes or Croissants, $9.95-$12.95 arrive with a choice of salad - Caesar or House. Both Salads are chilled, fresh and delicious with crisp greens and tasty dressings, served in a bowl.

I, myself, could not decide whether to order the Chicken with Walnuts and Apples Crepe or the Chicken with Shrimp in Béarnaise Sauce Crepe. My husband made the decision for me knowing that I love shrimp. I was glad that he did as each crepe contained several large sized shrimp. The two large crepes were tender, filling and delicious. I appreciated the care that went into the presentation of each dish. A friend across the table from me ordered the Chicken with Walnuts and Apples Crepes & said that was wonderful, too. Those diners that chose the Beef Tenderloin were equally pleased with their choices. My husband ordered the Grilled Vegetables with Provolone Cheese in a Spicy Tomato Sauce and enjoyed it too. It was not too spicy and had a variety of veggies. I think no matter which Crepe or Croissant that you order, you will be please with it. There are so many other choices on the menu besides crepes that you may find it hard to decide what to order. If you wish heartier fare at lunchtime, I saw plenty of Entrees ranging in price from $9.95-$16.95. Go for broke with Filet Mignon topped with Béarnaise and Caramelized Onions for $21.95. It is a meal in itself served with Salad & Starch, as are the other 15 Entrees.

The Dinner Menu has even more choices- many with a strong French influence. After perusing the Appetizer Menu, I want to come back and order either the Escargot with Garlic and Hazelnut Butter in Puff Pastry with Spinach Ragout, $6.95 or the Coconut Crusted Shrimp with Orange Glaze Sauce, $8. Then I would have room for the Crème Brulee, $4.50 or Banana’s Foster, $4.50. There is a Prix Fixe Menu, which includes Appetizer, Salad, Entrée and Dessert for $27.95. With 10 Appetizers and 23 Entrée choices, everyone in your party will find something tempting. Some of the more expensive Appetizers & Entrees may incur an extra nominal charge of $3-$6. Diners with smaller appetites can order Ala Carte Salad & Entrée for $23.95. If you are a dessert eater you will find lots to droll over besides the two offerings listed above: Crepes Suzette, French Apple pie, Chocolate Lava Torte (oh my), Cherries Jubilee, Triple Chocolate Cheesecake, warm Blackberry Crepes, etc. Need I go on? All priced $4.50 - $5.50. Perhaps come in after a show for dessert and coffee. Maybe try their famous Continental Bleu Martin or one of the 800 wines they offer.

Our service throughout the luncheon was friendly, efficient and professional. The server patiently waited while each diner decided on a choice, assisted with special requests & served us baskets of warm bread and butter. She and her team refilled sodas and water glasses without us needing to request refills. All service came with a smile. Before I left, I requested a Take Out Menu for future reference. First, the server said I should pick one up outside the restaurant. Then, she actually went outside, picked up several and handed them to me, which I distributed.

Will I be back? You bet. Moreover, I am bringing a big appetite and saving room for dessert. I highly recommend this restaurant for its convenient location, ambiance, upscale offerings, presentation of dishes and excellent service. You may think that the restaurant is pricey but the dishes are worth every penny. Continental Flambé is a great place to celebrate a special occasion or a meal with someone special. You will enjoy excellent fine food and service. If wine is your interest, attend one of the fabulous Wine Tasting Events the Continental Flambé holds every few months on a Friday. I will not wait 10 years for another visit.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank glomarrone

Florida
“The tracks are no detriment”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I was taken there several times for special occasions and the food, service and complete experience was first class.

Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Great Find in downtown Melbourne!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We visited last night, I like the idea of a prix fixe menu of $27, but of course when our waitress mentioned the special of fresh grouper with crab meat and Thai chile sauce for $37 we dove in! I had the edamame dip and my husband the crab mango tower for apps both were spectacular as well as our Caesar salads! The disappointment was our bananas foster, it was delicious but maybe 6 slices of banana? It was less than 1/2 a banana, but the sauce and ice cream wee divine!

Melbourne, Florida, United States
“First Visit”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We were celebrating our 39th anniversary and this was our first visit to the Continential Flambe. It was an excellent choice, the service was great as was the food. The prefix menu is a great value and offers solid choices. My wife and I will eat here again.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank 46Robert
Melbourne, Florida
“Fabulous Value”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Quaint french type rest. in charming downtown Melbourne. The dinner prefix menu has to be one of the best overall values in town at around $30.00/pp for a 4 course meal of refined quality and more than adequate portion sizes. The service is a match for the food quality and the quaint but not pretentious atmosphere makes for a wonderful visit regardless of the ocassion. One of the 2 or 3 best rest. in melbourne for sure. One item not to be missed are the scallops some of the best we have had anywhere....and dont pass on the chocolate french style desserts.

• Visited April 2012