“Cheap but loud”

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Franklin, Massachusetts
“Cheap but loud”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This hotel is very affordable but you get what you pay for. The room was dated, but clean. I'm not sure if it was because I received a good rate, but the wing I was staying in had very loud guests. There were electrical maintenance workers, landscapers, etc. The second night I was there some people came from the Waffle House at 2:45am because they knew people staying in the room above me. They were very loud. I held off calling the desk hoping they would leave, but eventually I did have to call. The desk clerk came over and told them they were too loud and had to quiet down. What he should have said was that anyone not a guest in the hotel should leave. Needless to say they didn't quiet down, and that night was a real loss. The rest of the nights (I stayed four nights) were quiet, but in the morning the workers I mentioned above started their trucks and let them idle before leaving, so sleeping past 6:30am was out of the question.

Room Tip: Don't stay in rooms that have odd numbers (175, 187, etc.). This is the loud wing I think.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
JohnsonMJ, General Manager at Days Inn Melbourne, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our Days Inn Melbourne. We do apologized for the noise that you encountered while you were here. We try to accommodate everyone's visit as best as we could but this time, we did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies and we hope to exceed your expectations next time you visit us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We visit this area every year or two while visiting my parents. In December we stayed at Days Inn for a week. Location was convenient and the room was clean. The breakfast area had enough variety that you could have something different every day - eggs, French toast, breakfast burrito, fruit, cereal - cold and hot; the array should be enough to satisfy most appetites. We had arrived on a red-eye flight and were desperately in need of sleep. Renuka graciously rearranged room assignments so that we could get into a room and take a nap. In fact, Renuka was one of the reasons we enjoyed our stay - always smiling, gracious and helpful. After a couple of days with an air-conditioner that was not functioning well, we were quickly moved to another vacant room and the problem was solved. The movie theater across the road is the cheapest we have found in a long time - we actually saw two movies - Lincoln which was in it's first run and The Hobbit on its opening day - no lines and incredible prices. We will definitely choose this place again the next time we go to Florida.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our Days Inn Melbourne to stay at while visiting family in the area. I am happy to hear that I was able to make your stay memorable. I look forward to seeing you again.
Travelers also viewed these Melbourne hotels
La Quinta Inn & Suites Melbourne - Palm Bay
#10 of 21 in Melbourne
Courtyard Melbourne West
Courtyard Melbourne West
#9 of 21 in Melbourne

Been to Days Inn Melbourne? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Melbourne

Property: Days Inn Melbourne
Address: 4500 W New Haven Ave, Melbourne, FL 32904-3324 (Formerly Ramada Limited Melbourne)
Location: United States > Florida > Brevard County > Melbourne
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Best Value Hotel in Melbourne
#11 Business Hotel in Melbourne
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Melbourne 2*
The hotel went under new management in February 2007, since then there have been major renovations. Not only were the rooms gutted but the bathrooms have been redone as well. After the completion of our new pool, our landscape on property had undergone a complete make-over. We have cable and wireless Internet available in every room, as well as refrigerators and microwaves. We offer a great breakfast every morning and very reasonable rates. We're right on Exit 180 off I95 and are close to the Melbourne Square Mall, movie theater and some great restaurants ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Melbourne Hotel Melbourne