“Way overpriced & Dirty”
Review of Days Inn Melbourne

Days Inn Melbourne
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel way way more expensive than quoted to me online and also upon arrival. The room was very outdated and had ants crawling on the bedside table & lamp. The bedding appeard to be dirty, not to mention we had people outside the room talking the majority of the night. I will not be a returning customer!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Melbourne

Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed October 4, 2012

All we needed was a safe, clean, and not expensive place to sleep and the room met our expectations. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Room bigger than expected and that particular impression was important for us. Complimentary breakfast really complimented our days. Property well kept. Personnel answered all our needs.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Great place to stay. Excellent room and the front desk staff was excellent. Mary Johnson was a pleasure to do business with. Very knowledgeable, friendly and made your day pleasureable during your stay. I encourage more motels to have a front desk personel be more like Mary. I highly recommend staying at this motel. I look forward to returning back to Melbourne Days Inn to have Mary Johnson assist in my accommandations and my vist to Melbourne, Fl. Thank you Mary and Days Inn for your accomadations. Mary Johnson is an Asset to your Motel. Thanks again for everything.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012

After once again being let down by LaQuinta not accepting my Gov ID we travelled down an exit and found this Days Inn. I have 2 dogs 3 and 4 pounds (little) and this was the cheapest hotel as far as pet fees ( I usually try to find one without fees however after much calling and web surfing and going and actually asking could not find any in this area that didn't charge.) and also booked online for only $54.00 per night. The only thing with the pet fee I didn't realize is it is per night and per pet not up to 2 per visit as most hotels. Anyway it is an old hotel but very clean and for anyone on a budget (especially without pets) a good value if you just need a place to sleep. Frig and Micro in room TV is old but works great furniture seems fairly new carpet clean Great water pressure in shower. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
JohnsonMJ, Manager at Days Inn Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Jmsylvia,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review of our hotel - and more importantly, I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We have put a lot of hard work into the property and I am glad that you had the type of experience that we work for. We hope to be your host again.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Noise, bugs, no towels, fruit flies dead in the dish holding the oranges at breakfast, stains on the carpets and furniture- I paid an additional $5 for the "upgraded" room, $100 "hold" on my credit card- still has not been put back in my account, took many times to open my room's door on more than one occassion... What I am greatly upset about is I PAID for this experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were looking for a reasonably priced Clean place to stay on our very limited budget, we found it here.

Clean rooms, stocked breakfast bar and within driving distance to where we wanted to go. PS: my wife found a new friend ( Bridgette ) our house keeper. She made us feel welcome !! Thank you !

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Minisprint53105,

Thank you for sharing your compliments of our staff with the Tripadvisor community. We know that the staff members that each guest interacts with can make a hotel into a home away from home. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and for making the Days Inn Melbourne FL your home away from home.