“Comfortable, clean and convenient”

Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Hotel is well-constructed, no noises from other rooms or the hallway. The rooms are large (as expected with an extended stay hotel) and comfortable; queen bed, sofa, lounge chair, and a desk. Small kitchen and large enough to cook; a 4-burner stove, oven, microwave and a full sized refrigerator. Plenty of dishes but a bit skimpy on cooking utensils (only 1 pot and 1 frypan).

On site facilities include laundry (commercial washers and dryers), small gym and lovely pool and deck area. Hotel staff are friendly and accommodating. Great hotel location; 100 yards from a large shopping mall, multiplex cinema and several restaurants. 300 yards from a large grocery store. Large, well-lit parking area

We escaped to the hotel to avoid this year’s brutal winter and have enjoyed every day of our 28-day stay.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear parking lot are quiet
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Joe - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am so happy to learn that our level of cleanliness met your standards. Also, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the fully equipped kitchen in your room and our on-site laundry facilities. The staff works hard to ensure every guest a comfortable stay. We look forward to hosting you again at our convenient location in the near future.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We are frequent travelers. Extended stay hotels are usually nice, this one is older and run down. All Florida hotels engage in price gouging during peak season. This is a $60 hotel that charged over $120. All other area hotels were charging $150-300. Not a bad hotel adequate and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I apologize that the condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations. As well, I am sorry that you were not satisfied with our rates. Your feedback will be very helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Upon my late night arrival, the front desk was closed so there was a phone to call the answering service. After 3 minutes of non stop ringing someone answered the phone when I explained I needed to check in she got disconnected and I had to call AGIAN! At that
point a different woman answered the phone I explained the situation all over again & she told me to hold while she contacted someone. I timed that until she picked up again it was 8 Mins, she said she couldn't reach anyone so had to call manager & Manager was working on reaching someone to come to the desk to help me. The operator said the doors are locked for security purposes. I told her that all of the doors were unlocked & people were coming & going as they pleased. When the woman came to help us she was quick to help a different man that had walked in while I was holding the phone. So I still had to wait. After we went went away & off to our room we opened the door and a strange man said "hello". We walked into someone else's room at 2am! That's not what we expected! At this point an hour had passed and we waiting in the lobby on the couch while others were taken care of. We finally got to our room at 230! It was not clean, hairs in the sink. The bed is a full size. There is not a do not disturb sign. Was told late checkout is only until 1130am. I don't recommend this hotel. Stay some place safe enough where the front desk is there all night.

• Stayed: February 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The late night confusion you described, your wait time and being checked into an occupied room is unacceptable. I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I will be reviewing how to better handle late night arrivals with our staff immediately to ensure this truly regrettable situation does not happen again.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at MBA2@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We've stayed at the Extended Stay twice now and have been happy with it both times. It's no fancy, but then we didn't really expect it to be. It's pretty basic as far as hotels go but the small kitchen and outdoor bbq area are very nice features. They have small continental breakfast in the mornings which is good for grabbing something quick on the way out the door. They are also pet friendly but still clean, which you don't always see at pet friendly hotels.

The staff is excellent. The gentleman at the front desk (I think his name was Jose. I'm afraid I can't remember) was especially nice. They were very helpful in recommending restaurants and things to do around Melbourne. All of their recommendations were spot on.

The place was just a little bit dated. It's a furniture seems old or possibly just cheap, though it is clean. They do have a smoking floor and the first time we stayed we ended up in a smoking room. We knew that's what we were getting when we made the reservation (it was all they had left) so I can't fault the hotel but the smoke smell was incredibly strong even in the hallways. It seemed like the smell had infused itself in the walls and carpet. While we did know we were getting a smoking room, I was still surprised at the strength of the smell.

Overall, this is a nice place. It's nothing special but then at the price I wasn't expecting the Ritz. :) The staff definitely brings it from average to great.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Liz - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know about smoke smell you experienced and will take steps to correct this to ensure it does not affect our future guests. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with spot on area recommendations and the great customer service you deserve.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights, full kitchen friendly staff. Very clean room and good water pressure. Bed was very comfortable. Even though there was a kitchen in every room, the hotel offered a grab and go breakfast. Oatmeal, muffins and various hot drinks

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gbxs
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were comfortable in your room and that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Extended Stay in Melbourne and we couldn't have had a better experience. The staff was excellent. They take a personal interest in your comfort as well as making sure you are familiar with the town and any information you might require.

In addition, a mall, restaurants, and a variety of shops are within walking distance.

Room Tip: First floor has the gym.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Denise - It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to know you felt comfortable and that you were pleased with our convenient location.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This was a family emergency trip. I was pleases with the reservation process and the extra help I received in arrival times and check in. Jenny at the front desk was wonderful. Heather the night desk person was also great. I traveled alone and felt safe and secure at this site. i did not use the pool or other site ammenities but though they were attractive and would be nice to take advantage of. Nearby shopping and food choices were great. A short drive to the hospital and central location was great.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Karen - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so pleased to know that our staff was helpful to you, our location was convenient and most importantly, you felt safe staying with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.