“Comfortable Room”

Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Room was clean and very comfortable, although, like most hotels, they need to do a better job of vacuuming around the edges. Had full kitchen and plenty of room. Staff was friendly and location was good. Good amount of cable TV channels. Great value.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DREW C
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I can't believe, in this day and age of overpriced EVERYTHING, that there still exists a hotel like this! We stayed there a total of three weeks this year (two in April, one in May) and couldn't have been happier. It's like a miniature condo.........stove, full refrigerator, microwave, wonderful bed, flat screen TV, sofa, recliner, free wi-fi, pool, bbq area..........all at a wonderful price!! Add that to the fact that you're within a half block of Melbourne Mall and a fistfull of restaurants.......... you've got a fantastic combo! Ya gotta make up your own bed for the first week, and pick up after yourself.......so what?!? It's like being at home! If you're visiting the Melbourne area for over a week, you'd really be foolish not to check this hotel out. There are two Extended Stay hotels in Melbourne...........stayed at both over the years..........this (1701 Evans Road) is our favorite!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoyandPenny
Reviewed March 19, 2013

After finding out that the Super 8 down the street was just vile, we found this gem a few minutes more in land. This hotel is fantastic. The rooms are very clean, it is secluded but very close to the mainroad/95 and many restaurants. It is about a ten minute drive from the beach. The bed was so comfortable and the room was quite large. Breakfast is just muffins and granola bars but not bad for free. I would definitely recommend this hotel for those staying long or short term.

Service was fantastic.

Room Tip: You need to ask for shampoo, conditioner etc. Do it upon arrival. Very happy to accommodate.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our clean and spacious rooms. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Comfortable stay in an excellent. Location.I would stay there again if I were to visit that area.The staff are very helpful and every one seems happy at there work.The beds are comfortable and even pull out sofa bed was very comfortable to sleep on .

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Maggoo3
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to write it. It's great to hear that you were so comfortable with us. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was the most friendly stay I have ever had in all my travels. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and very helpful. The maintenance was very helpful also they responded to any situation in a quick and timely manner. I would recommend this hotel to all of my family, friends, and coworkers.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor and the second floor and I found the first floor room was quieter than on t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you were so pleased with our staff and your experience with us here in Melbourne. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was here for five months on buisness. The room was clean with full kitchen and bathroom. Other than some sweet ants, I think they are called, there were zero bugs. The ants are just unavoidable in Fl. and were really not an issue. I had a corner room which was quiet. Heard very little from other guests. No yelling, music etc. I had zero issues with security within the room or with my vehicle in the parking lot. It's a safe area and nothing much goes on around there out of the norm. The staff were great. Polite and helpful. Maid service was excellent. Overall this is a pleasant surprise to be honest. I tried similar hotels in NC and were discusted just walking in the building. This hotel was awesome. There are three floors. I stayed on the first. The third floor ia for smokers. I can't speak for the second floor, but there was no smell on the first. You wouldn't know about smokers if you weren't told. There is a pool (well maintained but I didn't use). Small outdoor seating area with a grill for guests to use. Overall clean, safe and cheap. Can't beat it.

The location is great. The mall is behind the hotel, there are tons of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. You need to go to El Chicos next door, Best apple pie ever! Just sayin, and the beach is only a short drive away.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Joe2013
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate your needs and that you felt safe and comfortable. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have been travelling to Melbourne for years and always booked on Priceline and stayed at the Rialto Hilton, but not anymore!!!
This hotel was great, the staff was very pleasant, the location is great, and the rooms were a pleasant surprise. I requested a ground floor room and they accommodated me right away.
All the amenities, from the workout room to the nice pool area, this place rocks!
And when I got to the room, I was surprised at how spacious and well designed the layout was.
The kitchen was the perfect size and I will be in Melbourne every month from now on and they are going to be stuck with me!!!

You cannot go wrong booking here.

Room Tip: Book here and you won't be disappointed, the first floor was real nice because it is a walk in.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike A

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you were so pleased with our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.