“Clean, great staff, excellent value.”

Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was here for five months on buisness. The room was clean with full kitchen and bathroom. Other than some sweet ants, I think they are called, there were zero bugs. The ants are just unavoidable in Fl. and were really not an issue. I had a corner room which was quiet. Heard very little from other guests. No yelling, music etc. I had zero issues with security within the room or with my vehicle in the parking lot. It's a safe area and nothing much goes on around there out of the norm. The staff were great. Polite and helpful. Maid service was excellent. Overall this is a pleasant surprise to be honest. I tried similar hotels in NC and were discusted just walking in the building. This hotel was awesome. There are three floors. I stayed on the first. The third floor ia for smokers. I can't speak for the second floor, but there was no smell on the first. You wouldn't know about smokers if you weren't told. There is a pool (well maintained but I didn't use). Small outdoor seating area with a grill for guests to use. Overall clean, safe and cheap. Can't beat it.

The location is great. The mall is behind the hotel, there are tons of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. You need to go to El Chicos next door, Best apple pie ever! Just sayin, and the beach is only a short drive away.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Joe2013
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate your needs and that you felt safe and comfortable. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have been travelling to Melbourne for years and always booked on Priceline and stayed at the Rialto Hilton, but not anymore!!!
This hotel was great, the staff was very pleasant, the location is great, and the rooms were a pleasant surprise. I requested a ground floor room and they accommodated me right away.
All the amenities, from the workout room to the nice pool area, this place rocks!
And when I got to the room, I was surprised at how spacious and well designed the layout was.
The kitchen was the perfect size and I will be in Melbourne every month from now on and they are going to be stuck with me!!!

You cannot go wrong booking here.

Room Tip: Book here and you won't be disappointed, the first floor was real nice because it is a walk in.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike A

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you were so pleased with our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I bid on a hotel through priceline and ended up here. This place looks to be pretty newly renovated and is well maintained. Our room was very clean and the bed was firm. We would have liked a king bed, but there were no king beds in this hotel, so we slept on a queen, but it was very comfortable. The staff is just amazing!! They are all so helpful and kind and really seem to love their jobs. This was a great value for the money!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked clean and comfortable
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly staff. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We come to Melbourne almost every weekend during the college sports season. This weekend, we needed to make it a "cheap" one.
I looked up Priceline and bid on the $40/night hotel.
So, this review is written with that in mind. Anyways, isn't everything about getting your money's worth?
For $40/night, this was a fine hotel. It is designed for folks who need a place to stay for more than 1 night. It is more like a studio apartment. We did not need the kitchen but it is big enough to cook a meal in.
The problem with sites like Priceline is that you cannot know if you are bidding on a king sized bed! We are tall people! We need a king bed. Unfortunately, there isn't even a kind bed option here.
This hotel is not close to the water, it is behind the mall, but it was quiet and CHEAP!
Some issues:
1. It is listed as having a breakfast, however, this is only Monday-Friday. It is my opinion that this is not clearly listed.
2. there are smoking rooms in this hotel, so the hallways are smoky. Our room was not smoky.
3. this is weird. I've included a photo of this. The toilet paper is so close to the toilet that you are literally sitting on it. weird. I included a pic of this.
For $40, this is a great sleeping place.

Room Tip: Be sure to indicate 1 or 2 floor room. The 3rd floor is smoking.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Melbourne - Airport. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Even though the shower curtains didn't hold the shower water in the tube it was clean. We had clean bedding we had a full kitchen, nice small living room with great prices. You could send info to printers and great brochures for thing to do in the city. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We were late checking in and the front desk had closed for the evening. The late check in process was smooth, efficient and so unexpected. It was a comfort knowing that even though the staff had left for the evening, they had prepared for my arrival. The luggage carts were right next to the elevator and the parking was well lit and plentyful.

Our room was amazing. Large, clean, fully stocked and comfy. Air conditioning was super cold, the kitchen was fully stocked and clean. The room was super clean and all the amenities were included. The bathroom had plenty of towels and was immaculate. We enjoyed the convenience of being able to prepare a meal and watch a DVD on the room's DVD and TV.

I did not expect breakfast due to the availability of the kitchen, but was pleasantly surprised by the continental offerings. The only minus was the mattress on my bed was too soft and sagged in the middle.

The staff is super friendly and the location is close to a couple of shopping areas and a $6 movie theater. I would stay here again and will seek Extended Stay hotels when and where ever I travel.

Room Tip: The queen suite has a queen bed, queen sleeper sofa and full kitchen. Perfect for traveling with ki...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
esd1567, Assistant General Manager at Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Melbourne - Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

From the friendliness and helpfulness of the front desk staff to the spaciousness and layout of the room, the Extended Stay Deluxe Melbourne--Airport provided a wonderful stay. Our room had a queen size bed and a full kitchen as well as a sitting area. The location was safe and convenient--right next to the Mall and near restaurants. By the way, we chose a Shell's restaurant which had wonderful seafood. To our surprise, we were not at all disturbed by noise from the airport. Though we did not use either, there was a swimming pool and a coin operated laundry room--$2/wash. WiFi was available and there was a wireless printer available, but no guest computer. We were hoping for a continental breakfast as advertised, but there was no breakfast area. When I inquired, I learned that the gourmet coffee, bagels and fruit available were set up in the lobby--but only Monday through Friday--and we were there on a Sunday morning. This was disappointing, but the size of the room outweighed this, and we were overall very happy with our stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
esd1567, Assistant General Manager at Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Melbourne - Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.