“Clean, Cheerful, Everything you need”

Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Northern California
“Clean, Cheerful, Everything you need”
Reviewed March 14, 2008

We had a delightful 2 weeks here – the deluxe accommodations were clean, cheerful, fresh, quiet, and had everything we needed. The living area even had a very comfortable leather recliner. The TV had a very clear image – a DVD player was also provided. A separate kitchen had a full-size refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, and breakfast bar. Nice size closet and bathroom. Plenty of storage room. Laundry room and small exercise room were just fine. Staff was very friendly, efficient, and helpful. A large mall is located right next door. Lots of restaurants, shops, and golf courses nearly. We came to Florida (from California) to watch a shuttle launch and play golf. I’ve never written a review before, but this place was so nice and the staff so helpful, that I just “had to do it”

• Liked — Clean, quiet, everything we needed - seemed like home
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Speedie_8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Arabic first
Cold Ohio
Reviewed February 13, 2008

2/14/08...Am a female veteran, traveling alone...look for hotels that make feel secure and comfortable....this one was super...
staff was friendly, informative....
....the mini-kitchen allowed me to
cook healthy meals....super clean room...has pool and barbeque
area....pet friendly hotel....I could even open a window to let
fresh air inside; a plus for me at least.... hotel rates were reasonable.....will recommend this hotel to fellow American Legion and VFW persons traveling in this area.......

• Liked — Security, cleanliness, mini-kitchen
  • Disliked — nothing, really!
  • Stayed February 2008
Florida
Reviewed September 11, 2007

This hotel is great. It is the largest extended stay (for the price) that I have ever seen. There is a separate kitchen (not just a side of a hallyway like in other hotels). The living area has a couch, lounger, coffee table, end table, TV and TV stand. The bed was pretty comfortable. The bathrooms have plenty of space. The closet is roomy (although a few extra hangers would have been nice). The location is great (steps outside the mall and within minutes of restaurants/shops/airport/hospitals). The beach is only 10 minutes away. The staff was always nice everytime I spoke with them. The pool is clean but pretty small so don't expect to get exercise there. My husband used the eliptical machine in the gym a few times a week and was always happy. There was only one negative thing that happened during our six week stay. Three times in a two day period the fire alarm went off for no reason. It got kind of annoying to climb under the bed to drag my cat out so we could evacuate. They fixed the problem and we haven't had problems since.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Lisadb2000
British Columbia
Reviewed August 27, 2007

Our stay started out like this: we had been told by the desk clerk at the time of booking that there would be a free shuttle waiting to take us to the hotel from the Melbourne airport. After travelling for 12 hours, we arrive late at night expecting to see our transportation to the hotel. Nothing. Phoned the hotel from the airport only to be told that there is no free shuttle...we had been misinformed. So we find our own way to the hotel. Upon arrival, we found a nice clean newly reno'd room (the only highlight). This property is meant for longer term stays so has a kitchen. It would be helpful if the kitchen was equipped!! After buying our groceries, we returned to the hotel to find that there isn't a kettle, only one pot, one pan, nothing to clean dishes with, and 4 forks (1 for each of us!). We promptly found out that the oven isn't reliable, the toaster didn't work, the coffee machine was teeny tiny (plus you had to go out and buy filters). The next day we decided to take advantage of the BBQ by the pool. The igniter button was broken. The front desk didn't know about it and sent us off to the 7-11 to get matches. We finally got the BBQ going and stuck our burgers on the grill...two minutes into cooking, the BBQ shuts off as it's run out of propane. Go back to the front desk and apparently there isn't a replacement tank available! The cleaners only came in once during a 9 day stay. Hotel obviously needs more staffing and more attention to the details. Oh, and there were only about 8 TV channels that were really pathetic. Try another hotel!

• Stayed August 2007
Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2007

Since the hotel was advertised as "pet friendly" I contacted the hotel directly and informed them that I would be bringing two dogs. The clerk informed that that would be fine however they would need to charge and additional $25 per night for the dogs($75 total for our
three night stay). When I arrived (with my dogs) the clerk informed me that it is company policy not to allow more than one dog, however since I was missinformed they could stay this time but I would need to pay $75 for each dog. Management was compleatly unflexable even though they admitted that the reservationist was new and probably mis-stated the policy. And she explianed that if I didn't like it I could go elsewhere (there could not have been more that 10 rooms rented our entire stay-I guess I know why!). Since my wife was going to meet me I felt trapped into paying the $150 for my pets and stayed.

The following morning we went to the lobby for our "continental breakfast" and were informed that they only have breakfast Monday-Friday on top of this there was no maid service for our entire stay
........I wonder what makes this hotel Deluxe?

• Liked — the room was spacious, hotel very uncrowded
  • Disliked — staff was very rude and indifferent
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Floridabrowser
Maryland
Reviewed May 24, 2007

I loved this hotel and it’s a good for the price. It's staffed with very nice people, the room was great, it was clean and has the features of an apartment (frig, microwave, oven, sink, etc).

I was on the first floor in the front and it was very quite. Free parking available right in front (one night I saw an armadillo walking across the parking lot, then a huge possum), but it’s Florida, so I wasn’t surprise..

The hotel is within walking distance to a shopping mall and restaurants.

The hotel is great for a week stay in Florida with the family...

I would definitely stay here again..

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — The fitness was closed...
  • Stayed July 2003, traveled with family
1 Thank Millenia
Bahamas
Reviewed February 22, 2007

We just returned from staying at Extended Stay Studio in Melbourne, FL. It was everything it was advertised to be and more! The room looked like it was recently renovated and everything in it appeared to be new or hardly used. We were 100% satisfied with it's facilities. I would have liked to have more hangers in the closet and possibly more utensils in the kitchen. When we checked in the girl seemed frazzled but competent. All the other front desks clerks were friendly and helpful for the following days of our stay. We will definitely stay there again. Couple from Nassau, Bahamas

• Liked — Having a kitchen and the location of the hotel.
  • Disliked — Not having maid service daily.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple