“Absolutely Perfect -- A Great Find!”

Hampton Inn Melbourne
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed November 16, 2008

Quick Overview: Exceptionally clean, very comfortable, great amenities, wonderful service.

My husband and I made last-minute plans to view the launch of STS-126, the very last night-time space shuttle launch from the Astronaut Hall of Fame in Titusville, FL. We live in Vero Beach and could have driven home the same night as the launch, but we knew we would be exhausted from a long day of work and the anticipation and adrenaline rush of the launch. We also decided we wanted to tour Kennedy Space Center the following day. So we decided to look for a place to stay close to KSC.

Most nearby hotels and motels were already booked. We did find one opening on Cocoa Beach, but it was pricey, had less than stellar reviews, and did not have a jacuzzi room available. We live in an apartment with only a walk-in shower, so whenever we can, we try to splurge when staying in a motel/hotel and go for a room with a whirlpool tub. I came across the Hampton Inn in Melbourne, read its wonderful reviews, saw its excellent price (only $106 for the jacuzzi room) and we decided that the 44 mile drive from AHOF wouldn't be too bad.

Following the spectacular launch, we hung around the AHOF complex for about 45 minutes to let the traffic die down. We then drove straight down US 1 (with amazingly light to no traffic) to Hwy 192 and arrived at our hotel with 40 minutes.

It was after 10 pm when we arrived. We were greeted by a very courteous and friendly desk attendant. She even told us right where we could park to see our car from our room (we didn't ask this, but it was a wonderful suggestion)! Our room was perfect and very spacious. The bedroom had those wonderful, white, clean, signature Hampton Inn linens that don't make you cringe when you sit on the bed spread. I tremendously enjoyed my long soak in the jacuzzi while watching a movie on the TV in the bathroom (although the jets would not work). In the room, we also enjoyed the other amenities: a flat screen TV, free wireless internet service (my Verizon wireless card also worked like a charm), a nice-sized fridge and small microwave (which we used to chill a bottle of wine and fix some late-night snacks we had brought along).

The morning continental breakfast was much better than the usual fare. I built my own sausage and egg biscuit; my husband had fresh fruit (pineapple, cantaloupe, and strawberries), a banana, cereal, and a biscuit of his own. The coffee was excellent, and there was also plenty of juice and milk.

We stayed right up until checkout at 11 am. Total cost with taxes was around $116. What a deal! We definitely left relaxed, refreshed, and ready for a full day of exploring at Kennedy Space Center!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank cjzydeco

Reviewed August 16, 2008

This hotel has a very friendly front desk staff. Rooms were immaculate. I booked my stay on line and through conversation the front desk realized I was staying in Melbourne for my daughter's college orientation. They promptly gave me their discounted rate which was much appreciated! We will be staying here for all of our college visits in the coming years.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2008

Friendly staff, fresh baked cookies, good breakfast, well appointed room with awesome linens and a new flat screen tv. The only thing I would change is that they should get higher quality bath towels, the ones they had didn't match up with the quality of the other linens.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2008

I stayed at the Hampton in Melbourne for 2 weeks while on business in May 2008. The Hotel exceeded my expectation in friendly, professional service, cleanliness, excellent pool facilitiy, and quiet. I would especially recommend it to families since it is tucked away from the main roads. The breakfast buffet was very nice as were the fresh cookies in the evening. I am so happy I selected the Hampton and would readily do so again the next time I come to Melbourne.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2008

Stayed here overnight on our way down to Miami, Florida from Virginia. The beds were absolutely wonderful! Everyone in my group exclaimed over how nice the beds were. My only complaint with the Hampton Inn franchise is that they have their shower/bathtub and toilet in the same room. It makes it hard sometimes if you're taking a shower or bath and someone else wants to use the toilet but can't because you're in there.
Breakfast was good except that there were no cream cheese for the bagels. :(

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Janet C
Reviewed October 8, 2007

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Melbourne while traveling back home to SC from the Keys. We booked the King room with a jacuzzi tub. The room was very well appointed...the bed was so cozy with a fluffy comforter & plenty of soft pillows. The jacuzzi was a welcome plus after driving there through torrential rains & heavy traffic for 7 hrs. James, who was at the front desk, was very pleasant & courteous over the phone & in person. Our room was clean & comfortable. The only thing negative about our stay was the breakfast. We went to breakfast with about 20 minutes to spare. We were the only ones eating at that time & the food was picked over pretty good. The eggs tasted like powdered substitutes & the danish was a little stale. Other than that, it was one of the most comfortable stays we have ever had at a hotel. We paid $142 for the room, which is slightly higher than we usually pay for a jacuzzi room, however the bed was much nicer than we usually get. That made it a bargain! I will HIGHLY reccomend the hotel to my friends & clients!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank divegaldeb
Reviewed April 4, 2007

Although this Hampton inn is an older hotel, the rooms were neatly kept and clean. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The location is convenient.

Stayed: April 2007