“Has maintained it's standard”

Hampton Inn Melbourne
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Stayed at the Hampton Inn Melbourne again during a recent trip. The hotel is a bit older, but still a very good stay. I wanted to post another review to counteract some of the negative ones out there. I've found the staff to be very friendly. Had a whirlpool room again, but one downfall of the hotel is the water pressure (at least in my room) was not very good. As a result the whirlpool takes forever to fill (which they told me about upon check-in). Still, I had a nice sized room. I left too early to take advantage of the breakfast but appreciated the "to go" bag of muffin, Special K bar, and fruit. The night I checked in they had some warm chocolate chip cookies. The staff is VERY friendly. I would return again, but not bother with a whirlpool room next time.

Room Tip: For this location, don't bother with a whirlpool room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank blueiii
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Melbourne

Reviewed July 6, 2011

All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. We thought that was unusual unless you are on a cruise! The lady at the front desk called us after we had been in the room for about 15 minutes and asked us how the room was. The rooms were very clean and quiet. Could not have asked for a better place in Melbourne for the price. And........not every hotel offers free breakfast any more, so we enjoyed that. Will definitely stay here again when we return. Our weekend stay was well worth coming back to the website to write a review.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jhbailey
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Do NOT stay here! The shower curtain was moldy and GROSS! Then, they had bed bugs and I went to the first desk at 1 AM and the lady there was SO RUDE she didn't believe me! They gave me a different room, so that was OK, but I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2011

We stopped here on the way up Rt 95 returning towards home. The front desk clerk could not have been more pleasant. Service was quick, friendly, and efficient. When we remarked we were very tired, we were given a quiet room away from the lobby. The room was very clean. Beds were nicely made up with clean fresh linens. I had misplaced my toothpaste and toothbrush. The front desk actually provided both items free of charge. The front desk clerk was familiar with our state and took the time to converse. There were plenty of clean towels, and the air conditioning was comfortable. They offered free chocolate chip cookies at the desk. In the morning, the free breakfast started early and featured plenty of eggs, bacon, yogurts, pastries, cereal. The breakfast was far better than the lone old bagel, tired looking fruit, stale cereal that sometimes encompasses the typical free breakfast. All the food was fresh and in good quanities. Check out was quick and convenient and we had a very pleasant stay. We would definitely stay here again..

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank miaclio
Reviewed May 2, 2011

hospitality was not pleasant.we were told no drinking by the pool in which there were no signs posted with those rules.we were told to go to our room.they ran there hotel like a army camp.they also were very unhelpful when it came to directions within the area.But they reinsured you if you had any questions they would reccomend them to u.NOT .they hired a officer at night to watch us like a hawk.It was a very unpleasant stay and I would not stay here again.Thank for a nightmare of a weekend.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We stayed there for one night in order to be close to the airport as we had to catch an early flight and had been in other parts of Florida on our trip. I stayed in a King Jacuzzi Suite. The staff was friendly and got us checked in quickly. The room and bath were both large and very clean as I would expect from a Hampton Inn. The bed was great.
We cehcked out early in the morning before breakfast was served and the woman at the from desk quickly got us breakfast-to-go bags for us without us asking. Got to appreciate that kind of customer service and consideration.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2010

Although some areas of this hotel are a bit worn, the staff and cleanliness more than made up for that. My room was a great corner room - a King Whirlpool Suite that was incredibly spacious.

Dena, the front desk clerk who checked me in was very friendly. She asked if I had plans for dinner and took the time to recommend some places in downtown Melbourne, pulling out a map and showing me where to go, park, etc. She was also helpful in securing the same room for me when I needed to stay an extra night past my reservation at the last minute.

Overalll, this location and staff made it a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business