“Super!”
Review of Super 8 Melbourne

Super 8 Melbourne
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Before a new manager took over, I stayed at this hotel occasionally, and while it wasn't bad, you could see all around the beginnings of decline, of the people there just not caring to excel. That all changed dramatically when Mr. Minesh Patel took over, and I go out of my way to stay there as often as possible. I spend 4 nights a week in hotels (salesman) and this is one I would now be happy to bring my family to. Every time I go, about every three weeks, something else has been done to improve the property and the service. It's obvious that Mr. Patel takes pride and pleasure in his mission to make this the premium stay on the beach, enjoy!

Room Tip: I always stay on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Timmos
MINESH P, General Manager at Super 8 Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Sir,

It is our pleasure to host you each time you have business in our district. Encouraging words like yours are something my staff appreciates more than you can imagine, and honestly, it fuels new enthusiasm in them each time, and in turn helps me improve more.

I can not thank you enough for your kind words as it truly helps me build a better business, that can provide better and better services.

Thank you very much, hoping to see you again and more.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed May 7, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed May 6, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
MINESH P, General Manager at Super 8 Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Reviewed May 5, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We hadn't stayed in a Super 8 in years, after a bad experience in another state. The Melbourne Super 8 was a pleasant surprise. The room and halls were quiet, the bed was comfortable, it had a micro-fridge and all amenities. A glitch with the keying of the door was addressed quickly, and gave no more problems. We'd definitely stay there again. Excellent location, too.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

We thank you very much for staying with us and certainly thank you for posting your review.

Your review will keep our staff inspired. We will be glad to earn your patronage again.

Minesh Patel

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Positives;
The staff was friendly, the room was clean, and it was cheaper than many other hotels.

Not so positives;
The place is incredibly run down. The hair dryer didn't work, hallways were noisy, AC unit made funny noises, entryway to the rooms was a large dingy kind of dirty echo chamber, and the perfume like smell in the room gave me a headache. I little money spent on a facelift would probably pay off for the owners.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Davis D

We thank you very much for your review. Your comments have been taken note of and will greatly help us better our services and property. As a matter of fact, lots of renovations are in the planning stage as we speak, and I can assure you the you will certainly see a clearly positive difference in the property next time you visit.

Minesh Patel

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Please Please Stay somewhere else. I reported this hotel to Our booking sight, In my opinion The rooms are filthy, you have to take a shower elsewhere to feel clean from the shower you take their. We had paid in advance and they wanted my credit card as a room deposit. I was like are you kidding me, their is nothing you could ruin for the condition this hotel is in.( Again this is just my opinion.) The staff got extra money out of our arrival, then didnt like our attitude when we said "nothing was mentioned in our booking about additional deposit. NOTE: WE PAID WITH MAJOR CREDIT CARD. I understand showing credit card and ID are standard practice ,But wanting a cash deposit?...The general Manager was unhappy with our displeasure . so much so that he came to our room an hour later and grabbed my husband and said you need to leave the property.All the while pushing him into room while I was in the shower. The police were called by Property Manager ,and the police stated we were in the right and it happens all the time. But never the less they kept our money and snickered as we left saying I can charge more to your credit card? They wouldnt even give us our cell phone chargers back. Never in my life has anything ever happened like this. Hotels.com Refuned all monies and then some. It was not their first complaint and they couldnt apologize enough.

Room Tip: Ask to see room before you pay.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple