We spent 3 nights in this hotel at the start of our Thanksgiving vacation in Florida, and the experience was great! We arrived mid morning after driving all night (16 hours) and were able to check right into our room without any wait or hassle, which was lovely. We spent the extra $10 to upgrade to the 9th (top) floor, and recommend you request a suite as far away from the elevator as possible, so that the traffic outside your room is minimized. We had the room almost at the very end of the "north" tower and were never disturbed by any other guests. The suites are cozy, but VERY comfortable, and have everything you could need - nice fluffy, big towels, a separate sink from the shower/bathroom, small refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, and a remote TV in both the living room and the bedroom. The bedroom is closer to the water (all suites are oceanfront and all have small balconies wtih 2 chairs for sitting and viewing the ocean) than the living room, so you can open the sliding glass doors and let the sound of the waves lull you to sleep...........so lovely. The air conditioning was off - needed emergency repair - for 2 days while we were there, but the management informed all the guests of the issue, and there were nice cool breeezes both days, so it was not an issue in the guestrooms. The rooms were very clean and everything was comfortable. One thing that you get on the "upgraded" floors is 2 bottles of water in the room - but you only get them the first night you stay there. That seemed a bit strange - $10 more per night per room and they can't put 2 bottle in the rooms each day? Seemed a bit miserly..... Another good thing is that you can order room service or eat downstairs in the restaurant or by the pool, so you don't have to drive at night if you don't want to. They also have menus at the front desk if you want to see what is out there and they have menus for Chinese take out, Pappa John's Delivery, etc.
The bartender/waitress at the pool was awesome!!! She was cheerful and helpful and fast - what a delight! She makes great drinks and even gives you a cup with toasted coconut (on the side) for your rum drinks - very cool!!!
One thing to be aware of at this hotel (and possibly others in FL) - even though they a beachfront hotel, the beach chairs and umbrellas are owned by another business and you need to pay $20 for their use for a day. We had our own beach chairs because we drove down, but its' a nasty surprise if you think they are included in your room rate and then hear $20 more is required to sit on the beach. There are nice chairs around the pool, however, and they are included in your room rate.
Oh, and don't forget the yummy, warm, chocolate chip cookies!!!!
We would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront boasts a resort-style setting overlooking white sand of the Atlantic Ocean. Our Melbourne Beach hotel is conveniently located near Cocoa Beach and Space Coast attractions, with nearby family attractions such as Disney World and other Orlando theme parks for day trips. Our all-suite Melbourne, FL hotel is only 10 minutes from Melbourne International Airport (MLB), or an hour east of Orlando International (MCO). The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront features direct oceanfront suites, perfect for business or leisure visitors alike. Guests can enjoy magnificent views from private balconies, and a range of must-have amenities including luxurious beds and bath amenities, and access to our 24-Hour Fitness Center and Business Center. Whether you are traveling on business, planning a family vacation, or having a romantic weekend getaway, our friendly, professional staff looks forward to welcoming you to Florida's Space Coast with our special, warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. We hope you choose the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Guest Suites Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Hotel Melbourne
- Doubletree Hotel Melbourne Beach Oceanfront