My family of 4 (2 small kids) spent 2 nights at the Doubletree Guest Suites in Melbourne Beach in the beginning of June. Everything about our stay was excellent in every way! The front counter staff are all very friendly and accommodating. Our room was on the 5th floor and aside from the smallish bathroom there was adequate room for the 4 of us. The front living room has a small table with 2 chairs, a pull-out sofa (very comfy according to the kids!), coffee table, and easy chair. A sliding pocket door separates the bedroom from the bathroom and living room. The bedroom was as neat as a pin with sparkling bedding that looked brand-new, fluffy pillows, and crisp sheets. Both living room and bedroom have a television.
The balcony is narrow but does have 2 chairs out there. The view is spectacular! We spent most of our time at the pool and beach. The pool is large and heated; the deck chairs were plentiful and no worries about towel elves; you have to "check out" towels from the front desk with your room number. There is a small hot tub as well. Outdoor restrooms made it convenient to not have to go inside to a cold lobby dripping wet to use the facilities. The poolside bar/grille had decent (for a hotel) prices and the food was excellent (we had everything from seafood chowder and crab cakes to chicken quesadillas and a club sandwich wrap with sweet potato fries!)
There is a raised wooden deck leading to the beach via a small boardwalk. This stretch of beach was largely deserted at this time of year; I did not get the impression that this is a touristy area at all, which was great! If you are looking for tacky beach shops, there are none to be had in this area. This is just a nice beach neighborhood with Publix and Winn Dixie grocery stores, a Walmart, and many restaurants nearby.
We were thrilled with our stay and are going to make this an annual trip when school gets out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront boasts a resort-style setting overlooking white sand of the Atlantic Ocean. Our Melbourne Beach hotel is conveniently located near Cocoa Beach and Space Coast attractions, with nearby family attractions such as Disney World and other Orlando theme parks for day trips. Our all-suite Melbourne, FL hotel is only 10 minutes from Melbourne International Airport (MLB), or an hour east of Orlando International (MCO). The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront features direct oceanfront suites, perfect for business or leisure visitors alike. Guests can enjoy magnificent views from private balconies, and a range of must-have amenities including luxurious beds and bath amenities, and access to our 24-Hour Fitness Center and Business Center. Whether you are traveling on business, planning a family vacation, or having a romantic weekend getaway, our friendly, professional staff looks forward to welcoming you to Florida's Space Coast with our special, warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. We hope you choose the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Kognitiv US Corp and Priceline so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Guest Suites Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Hotel Melbourne
- Doubletree Hotel Melbourne Beach Oceanfront