DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Monterey Motel(Indialantic)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Oceanique Resort(Indian Harbour Beach)
2,188 results
All reviewsdouble treepocket doorcookiesfront deskmelbourne beachtoilet and showerocean viewliving roompool deckfirst floorbreakfast buffetnice beachhot tubrooms face the oceanbeach accesscocoa beachpoolside bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Been traveling to the Melbourne area on business for years, and always try to stay beachside, because quite frankly Florida living is based on the ocean, and if you can't stay there you might as well not be in Florida. The Double Tree staff are always extremely friendly, and not just the front desk either, but the entire staff, no matter where you run into them on the grounds are engaging and cordial. The rooms are always clean and tidy, the beds are comfortable and inviting. The pool and beach areas are, like the rest of the establishment, well maintained and inviting. The struggle to keep up on the maintainence of the metal work in the salt area must be a constant battle, and one which they manage to stay ahead of but just barely. The only real negative in some people's opinion may be the extrerior doors (my wife is among the many folks who believe internal corridors are safer), but the Hotel deals with the situation extremely well and with the exception of the ground floor you can not access any of the hotel room doors without passing the front desk or using a room key card, so the security is there, and the Melbourne Beach area is quite bit less subject to crime than the more touristed areas near Cocoa Beach. Oh, did I forget to mention the over sized warm chocolate chip cookies everyone gets when they check in :) Yum.

Room Tip: All room have a beach view, unlike other area Hotels, but higher up is the better views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Blue-Eyes-Fam
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2014

Dear Blue-Eyes-Fam,

Thank you for your patronage over the years. It is always great to hear from a senior contributor and it made extra special to hear that you found our staff to be extremely friendly and helpful. A comfortable night sleep is indeed a benchmark for any great hotel, I am glad that you enjoyed ours. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of further assistance to you. I will make sure we'll have a warm chocolate chip cookie waiting for you!
Hospitably,

Reviewed August 28, 2014

Staff was extremely nice and helpful, grounds were clean and updated, scenery was beautiful. The only negative was moldy grout in bathroom, window was cracked and broken and outside stairwell stair risers and steps were rusted and flaking (falling hazard).

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Thomas M
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Dear Thomas M,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for having chosen our hotel during your last visit to Melbourne Beach. I am thrilled to hear that you found our staff to be extremely friendly and willing to help at any time. We are aware of some of the challenges we have with some of our common areas. We are in the process of renovating all of them. I hope you get to see the improvements during your next visit. In the meantime, please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.
Regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2014

I visited this hotel for 2 nights last week. Check in was a breeze. Loved laying out by the pool and the beach. Rooms were clean, comfortable. Can't beat that oceanfront view. Nice and quiet. only thing i was annoyed with is how they due the beach chairs. I understand they should have a cost, but the day we arrived we were on the beach at 430, and were charged a full day's price, when the beach attendant acted like she was giving us a big deal. also, it felt that we were being watched and hurried out of our beach chairs by the beach attendent so she could clean up. also, prices for drinks at the restaurant by the pool are a little steep. Our bill was nearly $50 for 4 drinks during happy hour.

I think with everything considered, I'd try another hotel in the area if I returned to have something to compare too.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Katie E

Dear Katie E,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our team will appreciate all the kind comments regarding our location and service. I am very sorry if the experience you had with the third party beach rentals prevented you for giving us a better rating. I will share your feedback with them so they can also improve their service. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
Respectfully,

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Was a very good value for a quick weekend getaway with our grandsons. No additional fees for parking, etc. Hotel plain, but nice. Very friendly staff with excellent customer service. Fabulous non-commercial beach!!! Beach & ocean perfect-no rocky areas, no jelly fish! Pool a bit non-descript BUT clean and refreshing and not crowded. Many families enjoying themselves!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Rosalie H,

Thank you for spending your weekend with your grandson with us. I hope he had a great time! Our team will appreciate your comment regarding excellence in customer service, this is what we work for day in and day out. We sincerely appreciate your patronage and can't wait to serve you again!

Reviewed August 27, 2014

We've stayed here twice and have been really happy with this hotel compared to others that charge the same or more for a room. Make sure to stay from the 3rd floor on up if you enjoy drinking coffee and watching the sunrise each morning. The chairs around the pool fill up quickly on the weekends, so get there early. The place is due for some maintenance, but it's still a great value for oceanfront!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear KaPap,

Thank you for making us your exclusive hotel! We appreciate your business and loyalty to our brand. I am happy to inform you that we are about to do some upgrades to our bathrooms and all our public areas. I hope you get to see the improvements during your next visit. In the meantime, please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.
Respectfully,