DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersGold level
Orlando, United States
“AC problems”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

A 3 night, 4 day experiance with an air conditioner that would not keep the room cool. Had to sleep on another family members couch bed because the hotel did not or could not fix the problem. No real compensation offered, staff just added bandaids to the problem.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Robert G,

On behalf of our entire team, please accept my apology for your less than perfect stay with us. I am so sorry we experienced power outages and I can understand how they affected your stay. I can happily inform you that all the issues created by the storm have been corrected. Our beautiful hotel is back to normal and we hope we get a second chance to accommodate you again. I would like to make things right for you, please contact me directly at your convenience.
carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
saint petersburg, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Hotel staff very nice. Questions answered to satisfaction and requests were taken are of quickly. Room was very clean and the houekeeper very nice. We got a late check out with no issues and they were quite happy to accomodate the request. The breakfast buffet package was very good and very worth the money. The down side was the a/c was very loud. Took awhile to cool the room and we kept the window blinds closed as well as the curtains the whole time. The hot water was non existent- had cold showers the whole time. At first I thought it was the time of day we took it however, my kids and husband had the same issue at different times. I would stay here again but I would also see other compariables around as well.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Angela G,

Let me start by thanking you for staying with us and for pointing out all the positive things you experienced during your stay. I was happy to hear you found our hotel to be clean and filled with helpful and friendly staff members. I want you to know that the a/c and hot water issues were created by one single incident; our property got hit by lightening during Thursday storm. I assure you that everything has been corrected now and we are back to normal. I hope this isolated incident does not prevent you from staying with us again. Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you.
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights after a cruise and it was so relaxing. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. The view from the balcony was gorgeous. The hotel offers direct access to the beach which wasn't crowded at all. The pool area was very clean and had an excellent place to order lunch/drinks from without having to clean up. My family will definitely be coming back.

1 Thank Teresa K
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Teresa K,

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are so pleased to hear how you enjoyed our friendly, helpful staff, our clean, spacious and comfortable rooms. Service excellence is something we strive for day in and day out. We appreciate your recommendation to others travelers and please come back and see us again!
At your service,
Lake Orion
Reviewed June 30, 2014

It's tough to write anything disparaging about this hotel. Because the staff was SO nice!! But the Hotel is in serious need of an update. The general areas were clean enough but there was no bar area and I couldn't see my feet in the pool! A lot of foreign visitors. Rooms are Seriously outdated!

Room Tip: There were four seats in area by the pool that they called "Rio's" It was disappointin...
1 Thank VACARICK
Dear VACARICK,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is a great feeling to read comments like yours regarding the service and cleanliness of our team. I will share your comments with them, I also want to share some good news with you; we are about to enter an extensive renovation cycle for our public spaces such as the pool deck and our pool bar. We are also doing some upgrades to our rooms. I hope you get to see the difference during your next visit to this area. Thank you for your business.
Genova
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Arrived the day after a storm ruined the grill and grill ventilation system hence a very limited menu. Was advised upon arrival about this however only cold water in the shower was not mentioned. The gym was hot and uncomfortable, both treadmills needs care and repair. The bartender was nice and personable however the bar is just a hole in the wall. Expect more.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear SoloGenova,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Your feedback is very important to us, especially since you have reviewed so many properties. Unfortunately you came to us during a very difficult weekend, the storm really affected some of our equipment and created some unfamiliar challenges for us. I was happy to hear our team informed you of what was going on, and I am hoping we made you feel as comfortable as we could. Please note that our hotel is back to normal and we hope you get the chance to stay with us again. Both treadmills were fixed, and we are actually expanding our pool deck and bar area before the end of the year. On behalf of our entire team, I sincerely apologize for any disappointment this stay has caused you.
Regards,
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We decided to stay here with our children for the weekend. I must say they the hotel is extremely clean and the employees are very nice and friendly. Once we got to our room I was a bit let down. It is very small. We upgraded to a side room but I was disappointed that the balcony did not wrap around. The balcony was so narrow there was not even a small table out side. The bathroom was my least favorite. It is just a bit wider than a bathroom stall so the shower could be put in. We had a few issues also. The lock on our door wouldn't let us in and then we had no hot water. The lock was quickly fixed but we had to find out ourselves that the hot water was on since no one callled our room (we never even left our room because we needed to take showers to go to dinner). Our housekeeper Jennifer was awesome! She went above and beyond. I think this is a great hotel for a couple or maybe 3 people but not a family.

Dear kgrant80,

Thank you very much for spending your family weekend with us. I was very happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable, with friendly staff. I will special thank Jennifer for taking such good care of you. I was however disappointed to hear you didn't like our balconies, we are actually the only hotel in the area that offers an all suite with oceanfront balconies in every room. I do understand that our bathrooms are on the small size, but I hope you found yours nice and clean. As you probably noticed, we had a pretty bad lightening storm during your stay and it created some challenges for us. That was the reason for our hot water and a/c issues. We hope to get the opportunity to serve you again so you can fully enjoy your time with us. Please contact me directly.
Best wishes,
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Not impressed. House keeper Jennifer saved this from a terrible experience. First night cards for door stopped working walked back to front desk re did cards got all the way back to room, cards still didn't work. Maintenance had to take back of door off to fix. Hmmm... second night no hot water... called never responded. Then a wedding occurred on the only walk way hotel had to beach so how was the guest going to get to your beach. Pass this one up peps.

Dear johnpirkl,

We appreciate your loyalty to us and your flexibility as we undergo some necessary repairs caused by Thursday's storm. I can understand how frustrating this experience must have been for you and I appreciate you being so patience with us. I can happily inform you that all the issues caused by the lighting storm have been corrected and our hotel is back to normal. I hope you get the chance to visit us again, please contact me directly, I will ensure your visit is a memorable one.
Hospitably,
carlos.cerda@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront