DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersGold level
madison, United States
“Warm & Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed in this hotel during a very busy week. The staff although overwhelmed at times remained courteous and attentive to our individual needs. The hotel although a little older was clean and nicely decorated to go with the season (Christmas). we were visiting family in the Melborne area and on our next visit would very likely stay at this hotel again.

2 Thank Kimberly P
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear Kimberly P,

I would like to thank you for visiting our hotel during Christmas season. I am glad you enjoyed the decorations our team puts together every year. We hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the future. In the meantime, please contact me directly if there is anything else I can do for you.

carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
Herrin, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I would almost give this hotel a perfect review with one exception. We requested bedding for our children on the sleeper sofa and when we got to the room, there were no sheets and the cover on the bedding had a pee stain. The staff was quick to remedy the problem and were very apologetic. That was the only bad experience we had. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and nice. They made each day a fun adventure. The room was great. We had a fourth floor corner room overlooking the ocean. The food was excellent and we had a great experience overall. Even with our one bad experience, I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a corner room on a higher floor for the best views. The corner room is slightly larger but gives...
2 Thank TMC274
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear TMC274,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for your 5 star review! Please note that I have addressed the housekeeping issue you had in your room. Please accept my sincere apologies for this isolated incident. Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you. I would also like to thank you for sharing pictures with us.
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed with my wife, daughter & grandson. A king suite with 2 rooms worked well for us - I slept on the sofa bed which was quite comfortable. This a very nice hotel, right on the beach. It's an older hotel but our room, lobby area, restaurant and pool area all looked well maintained. We did not eat in the restaurant but the menu looked OK. There are no restaurants or shops really close by so a car is a necessity.

2 Thank jg32312
Dear jg32312,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for allowing us to accommodate you and your family during your last visit to Melbourne Beach. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us! We strive to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with friendly service as we always want to be your first choice. If there is anything else I can do for you, please contact me directly.
Regards,
orlano, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

.I really enjoyed stay this place plus housekeeping very friendly on 6 floor. THEY asking If I get everything in my room for my family. Thanks for good time there!!!! I would like to coming back again soon! And tell all my friends about this nice place....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Svitlana S
Dear Svitlana S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. The housekeeper that took care of your room during your stay was Hilda; I have recognized her for her efforts. Thank you very much for your feedback. We hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I travelled to this hotel over the Christmas and New Years holidays to escape, for a couple of weeks, the Canadian winter. Really great hotel. Genuinely on the ocean. We stayed on the eighth floor in a nicely appointed suite. Very clean. Obliging staff. And, to our minds, reasonably priced. Great morning breakfast buffet. Each room is equipped with a large balcony with two chairs. Decore is restrained and tasteful. Staff always polite and obliging. The hotel is located on a great stretch of beach. On one day my wife and I walked for two hours to the north. I would describe the beach as "pristine". The weather can be chancy in Florida during December but we had many days of full sunshine and temperatures that ranged from the seventies to the eighties. Stephanie, at the main desk, struck as being an excellent on site manager. All of our requests were met quickly and without complaint. We'd rate this as one of our better experiences as we move between Canada, Italy, and the States. Free parking. Free internet. Room was equipped with coffee maker, microwave, and small bar fridge. Two large LG flatscreen TV sets. The bedroom fronts right on the Atlantic. Beautiful, well-maintained pool and a hot tub. Free towels for the beach. Complimentary newspapers. We will recommend this hotel to our son and daughter. Can't recommend this hotel highly enough. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Hope this review is helpful to any and all travellers. We enjoy bringing good, solid information to our fellow globetrotters. A definite A+++.

Room Tip: One of the higher rooms gives you a great view of the Atlantic. However every room has an unobstruc...
2 Thank vicoduomo
Dear Vicoduomo,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for writing such a nice 5 star review about our hotel. We appreciate the unique opportunity to see ourselves through the eyes of our guests and eager to gather ideas on what we can do better. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Hospitably,
Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Dear Sirs,
While visiting relatives in the Melbourne, Florida area I decided to mix in a little business and scout out some hotel options for my company in preparation for a managers conference later this year. When I pulled up to the front of the hotel I wasn't too impressed, but once inside my opinion changed. My entire opinion of the hotel was changed by one employee that went out of her way to try and give me as much information as she could about the local area, and all of the amenities the hotel could offer, her name was Vienna. Even though she was busy with other guests and answering the phone she still managed to give me some personal time that made me feel like a valued customer. When I get back to the office early next week I am going to cast my vote that we hold the managers meeting in Melbourne at the Doubletree. Thank you Vienna, it is employees like you that deserve recognition.

Room Tip: all the rooms face the ocean, what can you say? how do you beat being able to open the curtains and...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Liam D
Dear Liam D,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for giving our hotel a 5 star review! I have shared your kind comments with Vienna and I can gladly tell you that you also made her day. We do know that you have other options while traveling so thank you for making us your #1 choice. If there is anything else I can do for you, please feel free to contact me directly.
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

the hotel was very good. The hotel is just a little old and needs a little updating. The rooms were very clean and the Staff was very friendly at check in and check out. The breakfast was a very good buy for five dollars. We were visiting at Patrick Air Force base so the location was perfect. Would recommend it.

1 Thank joyce c
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Joyce C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to inform you that we are currently updating some areas in our rooms and public spaces. I hope you get to see the improvements during your next visit. Please let know if there is anything else I can do for you,
Carlos.cerda@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront