“Great location, decent rooms, better for vacation than business”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Milwaukee
“Great location, decent rooms, better for vacation than business”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed here one night on a business trip. The location was really nice, right on the beach, and we paid a surprisingly low price for the view and location. The hotel was sold out, and one of my colleagues was stuck on the ground floor in a room with no hot water. She was able to get two complimentary breakfasts and was moved to another room, which was working better than the first one. The rooms are all on the ocean side, which means that the hallway is facing the road (much like a motel). This was not really that bad, but could be a security concern for some people. The restaurant was not crowded at dinnertime, and the breakfast buffet was reasonable but (as usual) expensive for what you get.
One plus of the location is walking on the beach at sunrise and taking pictures, which we did. It was a unique opportunity that I really liked.
I'd come back here on my next trip. The ocean is beautiful at dawn!

Room Tip: Lower level rooms in the south tower are blocked from seeing the ocean. Go for something on the thir...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank John M
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Jman293,

Thank you for sharing your experience through your recent review. We at the Doubletree Suites Melbourne Beach appreciate the unique opportunity to see ourselves through the eyes of our guest. We happen to agree that we have one of the best setups on the beach side and we are glad you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate your business and loyalty to us. Please contact me directly if there is anything else I can do you.
Regards,
Carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
Newberg, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have stayed in Melbourne at another beach property in the Hilton family. It was good. This was better. Great rooms. Nice to wake up by opening the sliding door and listening to the surf. Nice beach access with boardwalk over the dunes to protect them. Great breakfasts! Friendly staff with local knowledge (fantastic recommendation for the Cuban Island Restaurant - it was just what I had in mind). Thanks for the "extra" cookie at my late checkin. It had been a long day and there was nothing open for food. It held me until the great breakfast the following morning.

If I need accommodations in the area again, this is definitely my first choice.

Room Tip: High floors on the South Tower provide outstanding view - maybe the other tower is just as good, but...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Robert G
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Robert G,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed our location and our warm chocolate walnut cookies. We are eager to welcoming you back in the future. In the event that I may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Warm regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Nice property right on the beach with well done 2 room suites with balconies overlooking the ocean. Great beach. We only stayed 1 night on a family visit, but would definitely come back.
Didn't try foodservice.

Room Tip: Looked like all suites were oceanfront.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rllbol
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear rllbol,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree Melbourne Beach during your recent travels. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and service. Our team works very hard to ensure our guests enjoy their time with us. In the event that I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree first weekend of November 2013. There was an airshow on the beach on Saturday, record breaking heat on Friday (awesome!!) and Sunday lovely quiet windy day.

The Hotel is very well kept, people always walking around cleaning, sweeping, etc. . From check-in to check-out (both hassle free), we enjoyed our stay at the Doubletree. Easy parking in front, warm cookies inside. Room very clean. Bed comfortable and linens crisp and clean, Hilton style. No musty bedspreads here. Seats in living area could be replaced, did not like the blue plastic and bathroom needs some updating. Plenty of living space. Walls a little thin, some people yelling next door late night, very rude, but that's not the Hotel's fault. I almost complained but apparently them must've finally fallen asleep!

Private balcony overlooking the Atlantic, fabulous view. We were on the 5th floor. A/C worked perfectly in both rooms. Small fridge and micro very convenient, we were there for 3 nights and had take-in Chinese (from Number 1 chinese).

Ample GOOD restaurants in area. Had room service 1x, was decent and prompt.

Pool area well kept, pool spotless, beautiful beach. Pool bar open with snacks/light food daily. Music piped in and Friday night there was a live band. Beach towels available.

Would definitely recommend this hotel for families, singles, groups, etc. Location for area very good. About 65 miles from Orlando airport (appx 1 1/2 hours).

We love Melbourne, and this Hotel made the trip even better!

Room Tip: Stay 3rd floor or above for best view of ocean
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank nyebaby
Dear Nyebaby,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate the opportunity to see ourselves through the eyes of our guest. I will make sure I share your experience with the rest of our team and will work on your suggestions you gave us. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else we can do for you.
Thank you!
Santa Clarita, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2013

comfortable all suites hotel ON the beach with great food and friendly staff. The beds are extremely comfortable ... even the sofa bed was great!! The access to the beach was very nice and the view is forever. Convenient to many restaurants, but hotel restaurant and bar had great food and service. Loved the breakfast buffet as well as Happy Hour.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

2 Thank Barbara G
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Barbara G,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We welcome the opportunity to see ourselves through the eyes of our guest and are eager to gather ideas on what we can do better. Please contact me directly if you think of anything we could be doing differently. Thank you for making us your #1 choice!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the DT Melbourne beach for the second time in 2013. We plan to return in Feb. of 2014.We love this hotel and the staff. We feel at home when we are there and the staff is very attentive to our needs and wants. Sabrena at the front desk is super! She handled almost all of our requests and is just terrific! One afternoon a young family came to visit us and I quickly needed beach toys to make a sand castle. While the hotel did not have any, Sabrena offered to loan me hers and immediately went to her car to retrieve them. That’s customer service! The breakfast team with Andrew, Wendy, Michael and Holly are excellent as well and will make any breakfast item fresh and hot. We ate breakfast there every morning of our 8 day stay.

The hotel is direct ocean front and is as close to the beach as any hotel I have ever stayed at. Which means you have great views and can listen to the surf at night from your room. It is an all-suite hotel, so the rooms are large and comfortable. This is one of my favorite hotels!

Thanks for a great stay staff!
We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TN T
Dear TN T,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to ensure all our guests feel welcome since we think of you as part of our family. I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind comments with Sabrena and the rest of our team. We appreciate your business and loyalty to our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please contact me directly if there is anything else I can do for you.
Punta Gorda
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Nice hotel, beach front for all guests. Rooms adequate, depending on newness of furnishings. I would recommend this hotel if you like beach front, not luxury. The food is adequate, but there are many area restaurants nearby to make up for the lack of cuisine at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

3 Thank Terri M
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Terri M,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate the opportunity to see ourselves through the eyes of our guests and are eager to gather ideas on what we can do better. We know you have other choices out there so we thank you for your business and loyalty to our brand. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Carlos.cerda@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront