“Fantastic Beach Hotel”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the DT Melbourne beach for the second time in 2013. We plan to return in Feb. of 2014.We love this hotel and the staff. We feel at home when we are there and the staff is very attentive to our needs and wants. Sabrena at the front desk is super! She handled almost all of our requests and is just terrific! One afternoon a young family came to visit us and I quickly needed beach toys to make a sand castle. While the hotel did not have any, Sabrena offered to loan me hers and immediately went to her car to retrieve them. That’s customer service! The breakfast team with Andrew, Wendy, Michael and Holly are excellent as well and will make any breakfast item fresh and hot. We ate breakfast there every morning of our 8 day stay.

The hotel is direct ocean front and is as close to the beach as any hotel I have ever stayed at. Which means you have great views and can listen to the surf at night from your room. It is an all-suite hotel, so the rooms are large and comfortable. This is one of my favorite hotels!

Thanks for a great stay staff!
We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TN T
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dear TN T,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to ensure all our guests feel welcome since we think of you as part of our family. I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind comments with Sabrena and the rest of our team. We appreciate your business and loyalty to our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please contact me directly if there is anything else I can do for you.
Carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,154)

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Nice hotel, beach front for all guests. Rooms adequate, depending on newness of furnishings. I would recommend this hotel if you like beach front, not luxury. The food is adequate, but there are many area restaurants nearby to make up for the lack of cuisine at the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Terri M
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Terri M,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate the opportunity to see ourselves through the eyes of our guests and are eager to gather ideas on what we can do better. We know you have other choices out there so we thank you for your business and loyalty to our brand. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel has a great location on the beach, but it's tired and worn out. The service was fine and the restaurant adequate, but there were too many cosmetic flaws. Apparently, management has checked out.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank REEF_Surfer_8
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear Reef_Surfer__8,

I would like to take the opportunity to apologize for your less than perfect stay with us. I am not sure if you had the opportunity to see that we are in stage 1 of our renovation process. In addition to our rooms, we are also improving all the public areas inside and outside our hotel. We hope you get to see the improvements during your next visit to Melbourne. Please contact me directly; I will make sure you are placed in one of our newly renovated rooms. I am pleased to hear that you received our accustomed high level of service. Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you.
Respectfully,

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed at this location as part of a wedding block. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The beds were old and uncomfortable, pillows were old, small and flat, rooms were very dusty and the a/c units were so loud we got no sleep or rest. We were exhausted at the wedding and could not enjoy as we would have liked. Very disappointed with this location. We did have a great view, and the lobby was nice upon entry...that was the extent of the pleasing aesthetics for this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I would like to take the opportunity to apologize for your less than perfect stay and for the inconvenience that you experienced during your visit. I want you to know that I have taken the necessary steps to inform the appropriate departments of the problems raised. I am assured that the shortfalls you encountered do not happen again. In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am sorry you did not receive our normally high standards of service. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to compensate you for your trouble.

carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel is nicely located, and the staff is friendly. The room however was another story. If you are looking for a luxury property, this is not it! My room, especially the bathroom was disgusting. The shower door kept falling off the track and appeared so old I questioned if it was event safety glass, the shower/toilet area was so small that you have to shimmy between the shower and toilet to shut the door. The sink smelled as if it was connected to the sewer line, this smell was apparent every time the toilet was flushed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear RoboMomLosAlto,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of the issues you reported. I do hope that you accept my sincere apologies for this short coming. I have taken the necessary steps to inform the appropriate departments of the problems raised. I assure you that they have taken the necessary action within their department to ensure that the shortfalls you encountered do not happen again in the future. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and the friendliness of our staff; we hope you give us a second chance to make a first impression on you. Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you.
Respectfully,

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had a great time at this property. The facility was clean. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The food service provided was very good. The amenities are well maintained. Adequate parking is provided. The parking lots and surrounding area is well lit and secure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank John P
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear John P,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for spending such a special occasion with us. We appreciate your business and loyalty to our brand. I will share your kind comments with our team; they are going to be so happy to hear that we made such a good impression on you. Please contact me directly if there is anything else we can do for you. We hope to see you for the 5oth reunion!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here quite a few times - it's a short drive to Florida Institute of Technology, near shopping, and right on the beach. Nice pool. Restaurant is fine for breakfast or a quick bite. Rooms are clean, pleasant, could be a little better sound-wise. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank ErinKathleenSands

Dear ErinKathleenSands,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your repeated business and glad you found our location suitable to your needs. Please contact me directly if there is something I can do for you in the future.
Carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront