“Doubletree family reunion”

GreenLeadersGold level
Orlando, United States
“Doubletree family reunion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Overall the hotel was nice and the staff was accommodating to our large group needs for the conference rooms. Pool temperature was unpleasant - felt like a bath :(... so it was nice to have the beach SO close. It felt like a private beach as there was not much real close by.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

4 Thank Carrie H
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Carrie H,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry the pool was so warm. I will speak to our Chief Engineer. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the beach. It's great having it just ourside your door. We look forward to your next visit.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were traveling to visit family and decided to stay here. Rooms were quiet and clean. Staff was nice (upon arrival, departure was a different story).
The night before we were scheduled to depart, my husband and I decided to be spontaneous and stay another night. I called down to the front desk on Friday evening and spoke to a gentleman named David. I asked if we could extend our stay another night and he said "of course! We can guarantee a rate of $119 a night!" I told him great! Lets do it! He said not a problem and that was that.

The next morning, my husband and I were awakened by housekeeping trying to get in. We
told her that we were staying another night, and she looked confused. So,
I called down to the front desk and got Sabrina. I told her about housekeeping trying to enter and told her that we had extended our stay with David the night before. Well, guess what? David never booked our room! She said she was sorry, and could put us in another room facing bushes on the first floor. I told her that this was a major inconvience, as we have an infant and the move would not be easy with all of our belongings. She claimed that all of the upper floor King rooms were reserved. I told her that this isn't our fault as we called and extended the night before. I was furious. All she said was "I'm sorry I can't help you." So now we are making a 14 hour drive home after spending $600 with them and they made a huge mistake. Never again!

• Stayed July 2013
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Jordan E,

Thank you for selecting the Doubletree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach. It was nice to read that you felt that the rooms were quiet and clean. I do want to apologize for the communication errors between our staff. I will address your review with the appropriate team members. I am very sorry that we were not able to accommodate your request. Your business is very important to us and I would like to speak with you further regarding this matter if possible. I can be reached either through the Doubletree switchboard or @ john.depiro@hilton.com. Again, you have my sincerest apologies.

Orlando, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

My entire family spent a vacation at the beach. The hotel was very busy and they tried to get the rooms turned around quickly, even though we did not get checked in until after 4pm. Breakfast was very good. Staff was excellent at service. Rooms were a little dated and sick backed up and smelled like sewage a little.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

3 Thank John Z
Dear John Z,

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your beach vacation. Thank you for your kind words about our staff and breakfast. I will be sure to pass them onto our management team. I'm sorry that your sink backed up. I will be sure to speak to our Chief Engineer. We look forward to your next visit.

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have been here for over a week from June 29th, 2013 to July 7th, 2013 we were on the 3rd floor room 303 and the wireless internet never worked in our room. The housekeeping staff were terrible, I had one housekeeper tell me that she did not speak english. Really you obviously do. The front desk always acted like we were putting them out of their way. The hotel in general was not very clean and I think the staff spent more time outside smoking then they did cleaning. Our room had a great view but we NEVER had any towels had to call and ask for them everyday. Our shower was filthy and when the cleaning service did come one time I told her that there was sand on the floor and to please mop it, she swept it left it on the carpet and never emptied our trash cans. I definately do not think this hotel stands up to the Hilton name. We had people at the pool and beach that did not even stay here they cut through the side of the hotel and came in the back by the pool. I would say I am very disappointed in the service and the cleanliness of the hotel all together. Melissa D

Room Tip: The north tower smells pretty bad we were in the odd numbered rooms. You can definitely here your ne...
Dear Melissa D,

Thank you for posting a review. I am very sorry to hear about all of the Housekeeping issues that transpired during your visit. This is not the type of service our Housekeeping Department is accustomed to delivering. I have forwarded your comments to our Executive Housekeeper. We will also address the lack of pool towels and make certain that all of our guests at the pool are indeed guests of the hotel. I was glad to see that you did enjoy the view in your suite. We can do so much better, I promise you. If your travels take you back to the Melbourne Beach area, please contact me directly at john.depiro@hilton.com. Thank you for your business.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 3.55 to be told that no rooms were available even though we had pre-booked and check in was from 4pm. Twice we went back to reception and eventually got a room at 4.45pm but it was not the room type that we had booked, but we accepted this to get a room. The reception were obviously embarassed and gave us a voucher for a complimentary drink from the pool bar. We decided to have dinner in the hotel which started at 5pm. We sat down at 6pm and were the only people in the restaurant except for a man painting the wall trim!!!!
On the positive side the suite was very nice with a great ocean view from the balcolny.
We used this hotel to go Turtle Watching and its location was perfect,

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a first floor room or you will not see the ocean
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Suzanne N,

Thank you for choosing the Doubletree Suites, by Hilton Melbourne Beach. I was very pleased to read that your suite was up to your standards and that it had a great view of the ocean. I am very sorry that your room wasn’t ready at 4:00 PM. We will address this issue. I was glad to see that the staff invited you to the pool bar for a drink. I will investigate why there was painting transpiring at 6:00 PM. I am very sorry for the aforementioned issues. I can assure you that this is not the way we are accustomed to doing business. If your travels take you back to the Melbourne Beach area in the future, please contact me directly at john.depiro@hilton.com. Thank you for your business.

Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the space and cleanliness of this hotel! We originally had thought we should get two rooms. But with a door to close off the two areas and the couch bed we were set! Also I hate staying places that smell musty. Our room smelled fresh and clean and had an amazing view of the ocean. If you like a beach that is not crowded and you enjoy nature. This is the place. During the summer you can always see the sea turtles come up and nest. (no flashlights as it's against the law). But we saw plenty of sea turtles and as the babies hatch in the morning and we were too comfortable in our beds we missed them.
There is also a pool and Jacuzzi and bar and grill. We had a blast!

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanfront but they are pet friendly and have the first floor for easy access to take...
6 Thank debora h
Dear Debora H,

Thank you for your review and your kind words about our rooms and beach. I'm so glad that you got to see the sea turtles. It really is a treat. I hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I finished our our honeymoon here after we got back from our cruise. We stayed here for a couple of days. The hotel is very nice and clean. Every room has an oceanfront view. The staff is friendly including the maids. A staff member at the front desk pointed us in the direction of a good seafood restaurant. I would def. stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
6 Thank ejk6
Dear Ejk6,

Congratulations on your wedding! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us after your cruise. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you need a beach vacation.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront