“Good Experience for a beach hotel”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Orlando, United States
“Good Experience for a beach hotel”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My entire family spent a vacation at the beach. The hotel was very busy and they tried to get the rooms turned around quickly, even though we did not get checked in until after 4pm. Breakfast was very good. Staff was excellent at service. Rooms were a little dated and sick backed up and smelled like sewage a little.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

3 Thank John Z
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear John Z,

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your beach vacation. Thank you for your kind words about our staff and breakfast. I will be sure to pass them onto our management team. I'm sorry that your sink backed up. I will be sure to speak to our Chief Engineer. We look forward to your next visit.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have been here for over a week from June 29th, 2013 to July 7th, 2013 we were on the 3rd floor room 303 and the wireless internet never worked in our room. The housekeeping staff were terrible, I had one housekeeper tell me that she did not speak english. Really you obviously do. The front desk always acted like we were putting them out of their way. The hotel in general was not very clean and I think the staff spent more time outside smoking then they did cleaning. Our room had a great view but we NEVER had any towels had to call and ask for them everyday. Our shower was filthy and when the cleaning service did come one time I told her that there was sand on the floor and to please mop it, she swept it left it on the carpet and never emptied our trash cans. I definately do not think this hotel stands up to the Hilton name. We had people at the pool and beach that did not even stay here they cut through the side of the hotel and came in the back by the pool. I would say I am very disappointed in the service and the cleanliness of the hotel all together. Melissa D

Room Tip: The north tower smells pretty bad we were in the odd numbered rooms. You can definitely here your ne...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Melissa D,

Thank you for posting a review. I am very sorry to hear about all of the Housekeeping issues that transpired during your visit. This is not the type of service our Housekeeping Department is accustomed to delivering. I have forwarded your comments to our Executive Housekeeper. We will also address the lack of pool towels and make certain that all of our guests at the pool are indeed guests of the hotel. I was glad to see that you did enjoy the view in your suite. We can do so much better, I promise you. If your travels take you back to the Melbourne Beach area, please contact me directly at john.depiro@hilton.com. Thank you for your business.

Regards,

John DePiro
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 3.55 to be told that no rooms were available even though we had pre-booked and check in was from 4pm. Twice we went back to reception and eventually got a room at 4.45pm but it was not the room type that we had booked, but we accepted this to get a room. The reception were obviously embarassed and gave us a voucher for a complimentary drink from the pool bar. We decided to have dinner in the hotel which started at 5pm. We sat down at 6pm and were the only people in the restaurant except for a man painting the wall trim!!!!
On the positive side the suite was very nice with a great ocean view from the balcolny.
We used this hotel to go Turtle Watching and its location was perfect,

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a first floor room or you will not see the ocean
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Suzanne N,

Thank you for choosing the Doubletree Suites, by Hilton Melbourne Beach. I was very pleased to read that your suite was up to your standards and that it had a great view of the ocean. I am very sorry that your room wasn’t ready at 4:00 PM. We will address this issue. I was glad to see that the staff invited you to the pool bar for a drink. I will investigate why there was painting transpiring at 6:00 PM. I am very sorry for the aforementioned issues. I can assure you that this is not the way we are accustomed to doing business. If your travels take you back to the Melbourne Beach area in the future, please contact me directly at john.depiro@hilton.com. Thank you for your business.

Regards,

John DePiro
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the space and cleanliness of this hotel! We originally had thought we should get two rooms. But with a door to close off the two areas and the couch bed we were set! Also I hate staying places that smell musty. Our room smelled fresh and clean and had an amazing view of the ocean. If you like a beach that is not crowded and you enjoy nature. This is the place. During the summer you can always see the sea turtles come up and nest. (no flashlights as it's against the law). But we saw plenty of sea turtles and as the babies hatch in the morning and we were too comfortable in our beds we missed them.
There is also a pool and Jacuzzi and bar and grill. We had a blast!

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanfront but they are pet friendly and have the first floor for easy access to take...
6 Thank debora h
Dear Debora H,

Thank you for your review and your kind words about our rooms and beach. I'm so glad that you got to see the sea turtles. It really is a treat. I hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I finished our our honeymoon here after we got back from our cruise. We stayed here for a couple of days. The hotel is very nice and clean. Every room has an oceanfront view. The staff is friendly including the maids. A staff member at the front desk pointed us in the direction of a good seafood restaurant. I would def. stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
6 Thank ejk6
Dear Ejk6,

Congratulations on your wedding! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us after your cruise. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you need a beach vacation.

Orlando Fl
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great location for the beach. Good quiet area for families with young children. Rooms very reasonably priced for suites,nothing out of the ordinary, basic rooms but you are booking for the beach location not luxury.
Only reservation would be that there is not a lot of choice to eat in walking distance but the hotel does run a shuttle services to certain restaurants, ask at front desk for info.
Also make sure to sign out beach towels from the front desk, we knew in advance but many we met during our staff were not informed.
Overall fun mini break at the beach, would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Watchb4go.com

6 Thank Themate
Dear Themate,

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that our shuttle staff were able to assist in your transportation needs. We look forward to your return the next time you need a beach getaway.

Cheongju, South Korea
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My entire family has come to this hotel, since before its renovation after the hurricane. My grandparents came here, my parents came here, and then my parents started bringing us here when we were just babies. I love this place, it feels like my home away from home.

The rooms never disappoint. They are all suit style, all with a balcony viewing the ocean. The rooms are very spacious and have a living room, a bathroom in the centre (that can be made private with two sliding doors), and then the large bedroom with two big beds. The living room area has a big pull out couch that one of us usually sleeps on and is equally as comfortable. There's a coffee machine and a fridge, as my family and I usually grocery shop and keep food in the room.

The service in the hotel is amazing. Not only do you get a FREE COOKIE every morning, but the staff in the kitchen are so friendly and nice. I especially love the chef who makes the omelettes... such a friendly man, I hope he's still there next time I go! The hotel is very child-friendly and it's very safe for kids as well. I have great memories of being carried around by one of the waitresses!!!

The pool is divine. WIth a little poolside bar and grill and a gorgeous hot tub, this hotel makes relaxing by the pool in the sun an even greater luxury than normal. It's safe enough for kids to be around if the ocean is a bit violent that day, but you still get the "beach vibe". There's also a small cabana you can hang out under too.

Beyond the pool, we have the beach. I have to say... this is one of the best beaches in Florida, I think. It's QUIET, that's what I love about it. If you want crazy, you can drive 30 min to Cocoa Beach. But here on Melbourne Beach, it is never busy. It's mostly families and the occasional surfer. IF you walk a few minutes down, you're secluded. The ocean has never been too violent, and the surf only has a bit of rock.

This hotel has a very special place in my heart and it's a place I want to bring my family once I have one.

Room Tip: All the rooms have ocean view so you can't go wrong. Personally, I prefer the upper floors rathe...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank TheMeagerMuse
Dear Megnaay,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of our property and service. I'm so glad that we're your "home away from home." I love that so many generations of your family have stayed with us and made such wonderful memories. Thank you for your continued loyalty. We look forward to your next visit.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront