“Great Beach location and value for money”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Orlando Fl
“Great Beach location and value for money”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great location for the beach. Good quiet area for families with young children. Rooms very reasonably priced for suites,nothing out of the ordinary, basic rooms but you are booking for the beach location not luxury.
Only reservation would be that there is not a lot of choice to eat in walking distance but the hotel does run a shuttle services to certain restaurants, ask at front desk for info.
Also make sure to sign out beach towels from the front desk, we knew in advance but many we met during our staff were not informed.
Overall fun mini break at the beach, would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Watchb4go.com

6 Thank Themate
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Themate,

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that our shuttle staff were able to assist in your transportation needs. We look forward to your return the next time you need a beach getaway.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
Cheongju, South Korea
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My entire family has come to this hotel, since before its renovation after the hurricane. My grandparents came here, my parents came here, and then my parents started bringing us here when we were just babies. I love this place, it feels like my home away from home.

The rooms never disappoint. They are all suit style, all with a balcony viewing the ocean. The rooms are very spacious and have a living room, a bathroom in the centre (that can be made private with two sliding doors), and then the large bedroom with two big beds. The living room area has a big pull out couch that one of us usually sleeps on and is equally as comfortable. There's a coffee machine and a fridge, as my family and I usually grocery shop and keep food in the room.

The service in the hotel is amazing. Not only do you get a FREE COOKIE every morning, but the staff in the kitchen are so friendly and nice. I especially love the chef who makes the omelettes... such a friendly man, I hope he's still there next time I go! The hotel is very child-friendly and it's very safe for kids as well. I have great memories of being carried around by one of the waitresses!!!

The pool is divine. WIth a little poolside bar and grill and a gorgeous hot tub, this hotel makes relaxing by the pool in the sun an even greater luxury than normal. It's safe enough for kids to be around if the ocean is a bit violent that day, but you still get the "beach vibe". There's also a small cabana you can hang out under too.

Beyond the pool, we have the beach. I have to say... this is one of the best beaches in Florida, I think. It's QUIET, that's what I love about it. If you want crazy, you can drive 30 min to Cocoa Beach. But here on Melbourne Beach, it is never busy. It's mostly families and the occasional surfer. IF you walk a few minutes down, you're secluded. The ocean has never been too violent, and the surf only has a bit of rock.

This hotel has a very special place in my heart and it's a place I want to bring my family once I have one.

Room Tip: All the rooms have ocean view so you can't go wrong. Personally, I prefer the upper floors rathe...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank TheMeagerMuse
Dear Megnaay,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of our property and service. I'm so glad that we're your "home away from home." I love that so many generations of your family have stayed with us and made such wonderful memories. Thank you for your continued loyalty. We look forward to your next visit.

wooster, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

On the beach with great view and excellent service. Good food with plenty of things to do. Pool side bar with excellent snacks and plenty of selection. Relaxing, quiet, kids were busy do all the things offered.

7 Thank Doug H
Dear Doug H,

Thank you for reviewing our property. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that the children had so much fun. We look forward to your return the next time you need a beach getaway.

Kissimmee, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a fantastic family experience, including our 2 kids and 2 dogs. The suite was clean and comfortable. The view from the balcony was perfect view of beach. Easily accessible dog walk area. Delicious breakfast buffet. Helpful, polite staff.

6 Thank Heather D
Dear Heather D,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you and your family including the dogs enjoyed your stay with us. We do have the best view on the beach. We look forward to seeing you again soon the next time you want to come over to the beach.

2hounddogs
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel is right on the beach so the location is excellent and the rooms are "suite style" with a separate bedroom and living room. The mini fridge was great for keeping our beach beverages cold and for having snacks in the room. Each room has an ocean view and the hotel is convenient to many things. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. I grew up in this area of Florida and hadn't been back in many years. I'll definitely stay at this hotel next time I'm in the area and would recommend it to family and friends. For the price we paid, you can't beat it for that area!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

5 Thank 2hounddogs
Dear 2hounddogs,

Thank you for your review and your kind words about our staff and property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay during your return to Melbourne. We look forward to your next visit.

Galveston, Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2013

If it was not for the nesting loggerhead sea turtles on the door steps of the double tree I would not have come back to it. Last year I was placed into the rundown north tower with no air conditioner so this year I asked if they had something available in the south tower and if so could I please be placed into a room there. I also asked if they had something on the second floor or higher so that I could see the water but they did not. I then asked her if I would get a copy of my receipt now or in the morning and if she had any cookies for me and my coworkers because we had been up for 48 hours plus releasing sea turtles (we were starving!). Her response to my requests was " You sure do ask a lot of questions and our standard protocol is to check in everyone individually and then each person in line will get a cookie" in a smarty pants tone, not at all joking. I was really disappointed to be treated that way, I really wanted to like this hotel because of the location. Its frustrating being on the ground level of a hotel where random strangers are hanging outside your room in their chairs and kids are peering into your sliding glass doors....awkward!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lake Jackson, TX 77566, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My yorkie, Hershey, enjoys traveling. It is so nice to have such a lovely hotel as Doubletree by Hilton to be pet friendly. Staff is great! Pet Area was very clean, well-maintained and partially fenced. Very nice and love also that it is on the beach.

7 Thank Nancy S
Dear Nancy S,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm so glad that you, your family and Hershey enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront