“Hotel & Staff are second to none”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this same hotel for the last 3-4 years and have been pleased everytime. This year they far exceeded my expectations. I left my Kindle Fire in my room on accident and housekeeping turned it in immediately. That says a lot about the hotel and the staff they employ. We will be staying there again next year.

9  Thank Sondra C
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Sondra C,

Thank you for your review of our property and your continued loyalty in staying with us when you travel to Melbourne. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,105)

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The staff went over and above to make our stay special. It was my Boy Friend's Birthday so they set up a surprise cake and drink service for us in the room for when we came back from dinner. Was very nice. They even had a letter signed by the staff wishing him happy birthday . The staff wished him happy birthday when they saw us in the halls. It made us feel like special guests and it was our first time there. The rooms were great with amazing ocean view very romantic. Perfect get away !

10  Thank Janice S

Dear Janice S,

Thank you so much for reviewing our property. I'm so happy that we were able to make your boyfriend's birthday such a special occasion for both of you. I will be sure to pass on your kind words about our staff to our management team. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you need a weekend away.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I am simply impressed with the clean crisp feel of this heavily used property. The staff (front desk, pool, dining room, maid service) seemed committed to doing their jobs well. This is my third year staying at this hotel and each year the property owner delights me by continually maintaining and improving the condition of the property. The parking lot, lobby, pool area and dining area are beautifully maintained. The rooms are clean and everything in good working order. I noticed some normal wear and tear on the guest room furnishings this year. No doubt some reconditioning to address this wear and tear is already under way.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
10  Thank Mark M
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Mark M,

Thank you for your review of our property and your continued loyalty in staying with us when you travel to Melbourne. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and I will be sure to pass them on to our management team and our associates. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

wonderful hotel for staying near the beach and having a nice view. layout is a dream and view sleeping so close to the ocean is super. nice clean beach and the atlantic is almost caribbean blue. a must stay for anyone who want a nice quiet getaway.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
10  Thank Paul M

Dear Paul M,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to Melbourne.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The view of the ocean is blocked by hedges on the ground floor but getting to the pool area was easy. People on floors above drop their cigarette butts onto the ground outside your patio. Only one beach access and the stairs are steep. Workers with a leaf blower start early! Dining is kind of pricey. $12.00 for a burger and fries, $10.00 for salads but good.

8  Thank Robert M

Dear Robert M,

Thank you for your review of our property. It is through the reviews and comments of our guests that we can work to better improve our property and our guests' experience. I will speak to our hotel manager and express the concerns and issues that you have addressed. I do hope that the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 4 nights (during Memorial Day weekend). The hotel was directly on the beach and the view from our room was great! The room is divided up into 3 sections...you enter into the living room - which has a pocket door into the bathroom - which has another pocket door into the bedroom. None of the rooms were overly large, but it was enough space. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet each morning, and it was good. You could even order waffles and omelets from the kitchen and they were included with the buffet. The pool was relaxing - although I was near an outdoor music speaker and the Jimmy Buffet style music was a bit loud for my taste. I could have moved - but I wanted an umbrella and there were none others open. Anyway - it wasn't a big deal. I could still kind of make out the sounds of the ocean waves hitting the shore. I guess the only negative I can share is the bed in our room. The mattress was higher at the foot of the bed than at the head of the bed. This made sleeping comfortably a bit difficult. I guess we should have mentioned it to management - but since it was Memorial Day weekend, we figured they were booked and just made do with the situation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank VaAlleyCat

Dear VaAlleyCat,

Thank you so much for reviewing our property. I'm so glad that you and your husband enjoyed with stay with us over the long holiday weekend. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you need to get away.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Double Tree for our 30th Anniversary and enjoy the entire experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful with information about the local area because we where from out of state, including maps and suggestions of places to go. I would recommend the Double Tree Hilton if you are looking for a peaceful retreat with an ocean view.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Diana S

Dear Diana S,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us while celebrating your 30th anniversary. Congratulations! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront