“My new favorite hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Pompano Beach Florida
“My new favorite hotel”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I travel for business very regularly. I stayed one night at Doubletree Suites in Melbourne Florida.
Normally beach hotels have a lower standards and I figured this would be the case when I pulled into the parking lot. The hotel has outside entrances, which is normally the sign of an outdated hotel. But I was surprised with the very modern lobby, the great updated and upscale room. The best feature is the beach. This hotel is parallel to the beach, I think all Suites have a full and unblocked beach view. It was a wonderful nights sleep with the balcony door open all night feeling the breeze and hearing the water.
The breakfast was great. It was a buffet, but kudos to the hotel on keeping all the hot food hot. It was all very good. Internet worked great, I was even able to watch (stream) a movie on my Ipad.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank barbuhomme
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Barbuhomme,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of the wonderful ocean breezes we have. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to pass them on to our management team. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
memphis, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2013

the room was great bed and room clean except for the bathroom it was dirty a lots of hair for the person before me. the view to the ocean it was awesome my kids enjoy it. It was quiet and the service was great I will love to go back again.

5 Thank Yulis M
Ripley, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Excellent staff. Great beach access. Arrived in Melbourne Beach, FL with a large family not knowing what to expect and I liked the attentive staff at the front desk, the pool, and at the beach rental at the end of the walkway.

5 Thank Cassandra F
Dear Cassandra F,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to pass them on the the management team. We hope that the next time you vacation you will consider Melbourne and stay with us again.

Albuquerque, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I can only hope that people I encounter will see me as professional and friendly as I see the staff of this facility. Excellent customer service. Good food. Live entertainment. Excellent ocean view. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

6 Thank Richard M
Dear Richard M,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass your kind words about our staff and food onto our management team. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you travel to Melbourne.

Newtown, Connecticut
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family of three stayed in this hotel during April and we couldn't have been happier. The ocean was literally at your door step! No crowds you felt more like a local and the hotel staff was very friendly, helpful and efficient. We stayed on the 8th floor and the view was wonderful! The room was spacious and had a sitting area which was great the only thing minor item I would mention is the shower area could use an update. Great location too with many dining options close by. We did have lunch poolside one day and the barman could not have been more gracious and the food was very fresh.

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanfront! Personally I would choose a higher floor to have a clear view to the ocean...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank wjjtravels
Dear Wjjtravels,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to pass them on to our management team. Thank you also for your suggestion about our shower area. I will pass that on to our hotel manager. It is through the comments and suggestions of our guests that we are able to improve our property and provide our guests with an even better stay the next time they visit. I hope that you and your family will consider traveling to Melbourne the next time you vacation. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Vallejo, United States
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Very Nice Hotel, Great location, very peaceful. Check in was a breeze, check out just as well, Hotel was clean, and very well taken care of. Room was great, nice view, lots of space. Ac unit was perfect, and would keep up with the heat. Bed was plush, and very comfortable.

5 Thank Jason K
Dear Jason K,

Thank you for your review of our property. I appreciate that you spoke to so many of the hotel's features. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to Melbourne.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Great rooms, beach and breakfast. We ended up extending our stay for 2 more nights in the area as there was no reason for us to move hotels during our family vacation. We were invited to a wedding in Melbourne and this was the perfect location for our family to enjoy the beach and ocean. The hotel architecture is not pretty but none of the hotels in the area are as they are tall and stick out like a sore thumb.

5 Thank Valerie C
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us as you celebrated the wedding of your friends. I hope that if you to travel to Melbourne again that you will stay with us.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront