I stayed at this hotel from April 19 to 21, 2013. I was in town visiting friends. I booked through Tingo.com and got a good rate. I booked a king room with patio.
I arrived on the 19th at about 7 PM. The girl that checked me in was so pleasant and had a great smile. She really represented the hotel well. She seemed genuinely interested in how I was and how my day had been and what I was in town for. That's hard when you have to do it 50 or more times a day but she did it with ease. I was given room 107.
The room is just outside the door to the main hotel area and I worried about noise from the door but I never heard it. The one thing the room didn't have was the window in the living area that the other rooms had. If I was staying longer with my family, I'd want that window.
The living area is big. It had a table for two, a fold out couch, a chair, a coffee table, an end table with a lamp then a hutch of sorts with a big flat screen TV, a refrigerator, a microwave and a coffee pot. Then there's a walk through to the bedroom where you have a vanity area and the bathroom. The bathroom has a walk in shower that was large. The bedroom has a closet, king bed, two side tables, a dresser and a big TV. There's also a door to the patio. Unfortunately, being on the first floor would be great if you had a pet with you or if your kids wanted to play outside but it limited your view of the beach and water. You saw more of the dunes and bushes on the dunes than the water.
This room has limited outlets. I was looking for a plug in for my computer and my iPhone charger and I had to pull the furniture away from the wall. The bed was very comfortable. There were only 5 hangers in the closet but for just me it was fine. The trash cans are split for recyclables on one side and trash on the other. I think they should have two cans in the room because when you split the can, it limits the size of the trash you can throw away.
There is free wifi and it was easy to connect to. My big beef is with hotel coffee makers. You give me a fancy one cup coffee maker with Wolfgang Puck coffee then you give me this little 1950's packet of pure sugar and two pink sugars and two inadequate creamers and two little straws. Aren't we past this? Can't I have flavored coffee or better creamer? In this world of lattes, I need more creamer. And the pink sweetener? Ick. Update the coffee amenities.
I asked for 11:30 check out on the 21st and it was no problem. When I checked out, Brent asked me if everything was OK with the room. I haven't been asked that in a long time. I told him about the electrical outlet in the bathroom, the top one, didn't have a good connection and I couldn't use it and the room didn't have a do not disturb sign. Nice follow up at the end of my visit.
I liked the hotel and would return with my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront boasts a resort-style setting overlooking white sand of the Atlantic Ocean. Our Melbourne Beach hotel is conveniently located near Cocoa Beach and Space Coast attractions, with nearby family attractions such as Disney World and other Orlando theme parks for day trips. Our all-suite Melbourne, FL hotel is only 10 minutes from Melbourne International Airport (MLB), or an hour east of Orlando International (MCO). The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront features direct oceanfront suites, perfect for business or leisure visitors alike. Guests can enjoy magnificent views from private balconies, and a range of must-have amenities including luxurious beds and bath amenities, and access to our 24-Hour Fitness Center and Business Center. Whether you are traveling on business, planning a family vacation, or having a romantic weekend getaway, our friendly, professional staff looks forward to welcoming you to Florida's Space Coast with our special, warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. We hope you choose the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Guest Suites Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Hotel Melbourne
- Doubletree Hotel Melbourne Beach Oceanfront