DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersGold level
Cranford, New Jersey
“wonderful view”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

my husband and I stayed one night at this hotel, we wish we could have booked longer, every room has a view of the beautiful beach, very clean place , good cookies at reception - I asked and got extras, very nice place to stay

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Barbara C
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Barbara C,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
Denver, CO
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This facility suffers from an inherent design flaw in that the pool area is woefully undersized for a resort hotel. It appears the hotel has between 160 and 200 rooms. At an average of 3 to a room there are 480-600 guests. The pool area accommodates about 50-75 people comfortably. If you weren't at the room by 8 am you were out of luck. Guests were fighting over pool chairs. And I think my bathtub is bigger than the hot tub. The rest of the hotel is fine. But the pool area is such a glaring defect that I would never recommend the facility for anything other than a quick overnight stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank wh0needsascreenname
Dear Wh0needsascreenname,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so sorry that the behavior of guests at the pool led to an unpleaseant stay for you. I'm sure that people fighting for space in the pool did not lend to a relaxing time. I'm happy to say that based on your review and comments, we have instituted a new policy regarding our pool furniture. I'm glad that you enjoyed the other parts of our hotel and our staff. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you the great service we're known for the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Needed a getaway from the Midwest winters and this property hit the spot. All units face the oceanfront and the rooms are up to date and clean. Nice facilities with poolside bar. Did not eat at the restaurant as there are plenty of great dining choices in the area. Beach is fantastic and the property was very quite. Staff was very helpful and made very good dining recommendations. Would definitely recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tim S
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Tim S,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us away from the cold and wind of Chicago. I will be sure to pass your kind words about our staff onto our managment team. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you need a break from the Chicago winters.

Michigan
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Sitting in this hotel right now after 12 am waiting for hotel security to do something about people banging on the walls. So far we've had nothing but trouble with this trip. We were way over charged for our room and the front desk person could care less. Took hours to get a straight answer out of them. Whatever happened to customer service? This isn't our first stay at this hotel. It used to be great but now I doubt we'll come back. If you are planning a relaxing stay don't bother staying here.

1 Thank DFMOORE
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just returned from a week stay at the Doubletree in Melbourne Beach (3/29/13-4/6/13). We had a king suite with pull out bed for our family of four. Our king bed was very comfortable and sleeping with the slider opened allowed us to hear the surf!!! Two kids on the pull out bed slept like rocks.

Here are the positives:

Great room, very clean
Great location...steps to the beach and great restaurants just minutes up the road.
Free cookies.....all day and everyday!
Great morning breakfast that we purchased as part of our package.
Good sized beach towels.
Very helpful staff. Very attentive. (my daughter had to have a special cream every morning for her coffee and they obliged)
Rios had some good happy hour deals on food and drink.
Free HBO for our one rainy day
The beach is great for walking and wasn't crowded at all.
the staff in the restaurant will give you a to go coffee after breakfast if you ask!!

Things to consider:

-We did not swim in the pool at all. We were at the beach all day/every day.
-Rental of beach chairs and umbrella can be pricey, but very worth it. The stuff you buy at the local surf shops will fall apart the minute you use it, so renting makes sense.
-My one negative was someone smoking every morning on his/her balcony. We awoke to the smell of cigarettes...yuk!! It is a smoke free hotel, but other guests were just rude!

Must Do's:

-Eat at Meg O'Malley's in downtown Melbourne. Best Irish Bar ever!!
-Eat chocolate chip cookies until you never want to see one again!
-Boogie Board! The surf is perfect for it.

We will vacation in Melbourne Beach again and we will stay a the Doubletree again. We highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor or above or the sand dunes will obscure your view.
5 Thank durkeefamily
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Durkee Family,

Thank you so much for your reveiw of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us along with our famous chocolate chip cookies. I will be sure to pass your kind words about our staff on to the management team. We look forward to your next visit.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Although this is a bad review. We have stayed two other years at this same hotel, with very pleasant stays, with very small problems. Just Stayed end of march beginning of April 2013. Terrible. We added a Saturday Night stay, which understandably we were charged extra for a saturday by about 40 dollars. However, they charged an extra price for our remaining stay then too. I could have saved big by reserving less days, and booking days seperately? We arrived. There were no blankets on the second bed. We had to give all our bedding to our kids. Our room was only cleaned once in five nights. They came into our room and took all of our towels. Including two unused ones, that weren't even moved. We received no new towels, until the last night. I called numerous times. They just stopped answering the phones. I stopped at the desk. NO luck. The last time I called 3 times, and after a total of 45 minutes with no answer, I went angrily to the front desk, where three employees were texting and flirting. I got a snicker and a laugh, but they did give me some room towels. THe air wouldn't turn off, so it made it pretty cold with no bedding. I could go on an on. Oh yeah, both my kids were really sick during the stay,and one spent the night in the ER. Not blaming that on the hotel, but who knows.

2 Thank AdamZ540
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Me and my husband stayed here with our 3 daughters over springbreak for some time away. We wanted to have a pool and be on the ocean. When we got there the weather was cool so we stayed up at the pool and it was beautiful because the pool was inbetween two buildings and it blocked the wind which was nice since we couldn't go down to be beach too cold. The property was very nice. The pool area is a little small for springbreak but doable. Just have to fight for lounge chairs and be up early to get one. Free cookies at the front desk are amazing. The only drawback was they couldn't keep up with the demand for towels at the pool or the rooms. Not sure why? Also small pet peeve was the garbage cans in the room. Seemed more like a filing system then a garbage can. Family of 5 has a lot of garage when in a hotel room. I know hotels are going green but seemed a little ridiculous. No place for garbage so we just set it outside the room at the end of the hall where people would put there room service stuff.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

2 Thank happy304
Hello Spring Break Vactationers,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry that there weren't enough towels. Please be assured that has been rectified. I'm glad that your children enjoyed our famous Doubletree Cookies. I will speak with our Housekeeping Department about the wastebaskets in the guest rooms.

We look forward to hosting you and your family again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront