DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Our stay at the Doubletree was excellent! We were able to check in early. The staff was friendly and the location was awesome. The rooms were comfy and big. The grouper sandwhich at the pool side grill was excellent....I felt like there was no reason to leave for anything. Relaxing and fun! I can't wait to come again.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank TNT_716
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear TNT_716,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass your compliments about our grouper sandwich onto our Chef. We look forward to hosting you again, the next time you need a beach getaway.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is a lovely place to stay at on the beach. The sunrises are so beautiful from the top floor balconies and the sounds of the waves crashing can actually lull you to sleep, no kidding. The suites are roomy and are actually nicer than the professional photos shown above. I believe the furnishings have been updated since then (better flat screen tv's, sleeker furniture). The rooms are very soundproof too, I could not hear my neighbors, except for the occasional sounds of the toilet lids slapping shut, including our own. LOL Once you stay for as long as we have, you'll understand what I mean haha. The beach behind the hotel is very clean and very uncrowded. Some mornings you have the whole beach to yourself for hours! I was previously staying at the other Hilton a few blocks north, but opted to change to a suite for more room since our stay was going to be longer than 3 days. The DoubleTree was also able to accommodate early check-in coming from the last hotel :)

The highlights of the stay are definitely housekeeping. These ladies are so attentive and keep everything replenished and the room fresh. I didn't really deal with any other hotel staff, but I ran into housekeeping everyday on their routine rounds and very much appreciated their professionalism and hospitality. Especially the lady/ladies attending to the room we are staying in on the 9th floor (odd side). Management, please make sure to check your rosters and schedules and be sure to make note of each of their smiling faces and pay them compliments as they are such an asset to your hotel. I will contact the hotel further to submit my sincere compliments to management once I can gather their names.

Great place to slow your role and relax beachside. Enough said!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Warthog8

Dear Warthog8,

Thank you so much for your kinds words. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the sunrises and the waves crashing. They do make for a peaceful slumber. I will be sure to pass your compliments about our Housekeeping staff onto their manager. We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

After reading some negative things about this hotel I was a little worried on our up coming stay. Our stay was awesome !! The hotel is very clean, after a day at the beach we came back to a room that was just as we check in. The staff is A+ from the front desk to the housekeepers. The suites are spacious for a family of four. The sunrises are amazing off your balcony . I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Melbroune Beach !!!

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank PAULIELOM
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Paulielom,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and our sunrises. They are beautiful! We look forward to hosting you and your family again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Our family stayed here for a wedding that was in the area and the rooms were clean, comfy and overall the place was pretty quiet considering how large it is. I will have to say the front desk attendants were some of the nicest people we have ever encountered. The bartenders at the pool bar were equally friendly and helped guide us to some local food spots that were a huge hit! We would definitely consider staying here again if we are in the area!

Room Tip: King size rooms on the ground floor do not have a view of the ocean. The view is blocked by hedges o...
1  Thank Vickie M

Dear Vickie M,

Thank you for your review of our property and your kind comments about our staff. I'm so glad you enjoyed the wedding you attended. We look forward to hosting you again when you decide to travel for a weekend.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We spent several days at this location, paid for the upper level room and corner (larger) balcony. View was wonderful and the room was very nice for the price range. Only issue we had: the sink in our room was draining very slow. So on the way out to the beach one morning I let the front desk know so they would have an opportunity to repair. About 11 am I returned to the room for something and found equipment in the room indicating they were working on the problem, this seemed a good sign. About 4 pm we returned to the room to start getting ready for an evening appointment we had on Orlando. On our return to our room we discovered the floor flooded. After contacting the front desk and getting maintenance up to the room we were told they forgot they were working on it. We spent that night and the next day walking on soggy carpet with a floor fan in the room. The front desk had very little concern and seem to feel the problem was handled.

1  Thank Chris K

Dear KofDaddy,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so sorry that your room flooded after our maintenance department repaired your sink and that our front desk staff did not assist you. This is unacceptable and I am very sorry. I would like to speak with you further about this. Please contact me at 321-777-5000. Thank you.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We booked this last minute and it was a great choice. We love the fact that Melbourne Beach is not crowded and close to everything you need. Food,shopping,etc. The Doubletree was a perfect choice. Accommodations were great, as well as the beach and staff. The only thing I would like to see is the Hilton Families not charge for chairs and umbrellas at the beach. We will definitely return to Melbourne and the Doubletree.

Room Tip: Don't know about other rooms, but ours(308) was perfect as far as view and beach location/access...
4  Thank mhsmom18
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear FMHSMOM.

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Melbourne Beach is a quiet little town with lots to see and do. We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were looking forward to staying at this Doubletree and it was quite nice. All of the staff that we came into contact with were all very nice and jolly, the night security woman was especially nice and it was always a treat to talk to her...lovely woman. I would say that the only negative thing that we experienced was that the room was extremely cold, and this was in August. The A/C could not be reset or adjusted. Also, the room cleaners didn't fully stock the rooms...we never had toilet paper or coffee replenished during our stay. We ran out of toilet paper right before we checked out...just in time. Other than this, the Doubletree was a very nice choice and we would definitely stay there again. I have stayed at other competitive hotels on the beach in the area, and I would choose to stay at the Doubletree as opposed to the others.

Room Tip: When you check-in, request a room higher up, preferably higher than the 2nd or 3rd Floor. From the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VanVlerah

Dear VanVlerah,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. I'm sorry that the air conditioner was too cold. I have spoken to our Director of Engineering to make sure that our guests have the ability to adjust their room temperature. I have spoken to our Housekeeping Manager to make sure that her staff ensures that the rooms are fully stocked and replenished after use.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you across the pond to Melbourne.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront