DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for four nights in June. The room had recently been refurbished and was very nice. There was a TV in the bedroom as well as in the living room area. The small refrigerator was very helpful to store food. The actual bathroom is a little small but it's nothing you can't live with. Our only complaint about the room was there was no wi-fi or wired Internet. Reception explained the hotel had been wired for wi-fi, it just wasn't activated yet, so I imagine this shouldn't be a problem in the very near future. There was wi-fi available in the lobby and around the pool. The pool was nice as well. On Saturday, there was a musician playing a guitar and singing which was nice. There is a pool side bar which we enjoyed and had good service. The pool had plenty of loungers and several umbrellas. On the beach, a pair of loungers and an umbrella could be rented for $20. Not too bad, but if the hotel really wants to be like a resort, they should have these available for free. We ate breakfast once, and it was good. There are lots of restaurants around in the area, so you really can't go wrong with this property!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ead_angel
Tim M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive review of our property. I will be sure to share your comments with our management team about the staff and the service you received. We are extremely happy the the wireless for all the rooms will be completed next week. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again when you return to the Melbourne area.

DoubleTree Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

Reviewed June 6, 2012

We spent two nights at this hotel recently and really enjoyed it. It is located on the coastal road in a quite area and was easy to find. Plenty of parking and eating places nearby. The room was great and felt homely. It was spacious with a separate lounge and two flat screen TV's. The sleep was comfortable and quiet. The room had a beach/sea view and the pool area next to the beach was great with a walkway through to the beach. The room and bathroom were clean but no bath tub. The area around the hotel was nice and we were able to make trips from the hotel using it as a base. We would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit this area.

Room Tip: All suites with sea views I think.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

GREAT oceanfront spacious roooms. Friendly and helpfull staff. Clean rooms. Great oceanside pool with wonderful pina coladas! ;-) .

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your positive review of our property. I will be sure to share your comments with our management team about the staff and the service you received. I am glad you made the choice to go different than the normal business hotel. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again when you return to the Melbourne area.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I chose to stay here because it was on the water and I was looking for a break from the usual business travel hotels (just off a highway, near a mall, applebees next door, etc...) and really enjoyed this. I ate at several area restaurants and enjoyed them all. The view off my balcony of the ocean was a welcome change from the parking lot, airport, or highway I'm used to seeing. The waves really rolled in and I kept the door open a lot! I did take a book down to the pool for about an hour. It was a clean quiet pool area. I did not eat at the hotel. My room was clean, bed was comfortable, TV was fine, etc...They may have had many amenities but all I wanted was a clean comfortable room on the beach and that is what I got. The room was large with a separate sleeping and sitting areas. I think this would be nice for families as well.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank chwilliabiztraveler
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had a great stay! We were able to check-in earlier than we expected and got the famous welcome cookies! Totally impressed with the cleanliness of the room, very comfortable, spacious and the fact that the hotel is on the beach - made everything PERFECT! We drove from Miami and it was worth it! We will definitely comeback! Staff were all nice and friendly especially Cassandra at the FD. Thanks again, we had a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Request to be on a high floor, the higher the better -The ocean view is amazing
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DanielAnacan

Thank you so much for your positive review of our property. I will be sure to share your comments with our management team about the staff and the service you received. I did pass on the Cassandra your kind words. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again when you return to the Melbourne area.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

The hotel was amazing! My room was immaculate. My housekeeper (novelette) was so personable and always made sure we had what we needed and kept up after my very messy family. The linens were always crisp and clean. Great coffee every morning in the room. The pool is pristine and that means a lot since it is on the beach. They vacuum the sand out every morning. And the ocean is just out the back door. Food is alright in the hotel, but we ate out all the time. I will be staying here every year for vacation!

Room Tip: The view of the ocean was great from the 8th floor. Only one tower in the hotel has wifi in the roo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kelly B

Thank you so much for your positive review of our property. I will be sure to share your comments with our management team about the staff and the service you received. We are extremely happy that the wireless will be completed in all the rooms by June 15th. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again when you return to the Melbourne area.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay. The room was excellent, best room we had in Florida during our two weeks trip. You actually have two rooms and one of them has a couch where you can read or watch TV without disturbing the person in the other room. View was fantastic, every room has ocean view. The breakfast was ok, stuff was very friendly. The beach is nice too.

Two critical points;
- We didn't like the pool bar as it had more a character of a kiosk rather than a bar. We had some coctails which were expensive and tasted awful. The hotel company should refurbish and make something nice which invites to hang out at the pool area.
- No umbrellas or sun lounger was provided at the beach. It would be nice if the hotel would do that, we were at other hotels before where this was offered. Instead, there is a company doing that on the beach at the hotel and they take quite a lot of money for it.

In total, we would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront