“Good Hotel”

Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed August 19, 2010

The rooms were clean and comfortable, lots of clean towels, a nice cushiony chair and everything but the whole staff in the place felt really impersonal. I dont know about others, but when I go to a hotel, I would appreciate a smile from the guy at the front desk. The only person that seemed nice enough was the guy cart guy.

Everything else was alright though.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 3, 2010

Business class Hilton with all the right details. Hot appetizers, dessert, drinks served at happy hour on the Executive Level. Continental Breakfast, little snackies, fruit, and bottled water to send you on your way. Super efficient staff. On premises restaurant was surprising good as well. I didn't feel like driving so thought I'd grab dinner even though I was the only diner. Excellent blackened fish, fresh vegetables, authentic red beans and rice. Very nice facility for such a small location. I recommend.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2010

I'm glad I did not check Trip Advisor before booking or I may not have stayed here. My brother was in the ICU at Holmes Regional hospital and I called the hospital to ask which hotels in the area they recommend that would also offer a discounted rate for famikly members of patients. They recommended Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place. The location is within walking distance of the hospital and they have a free shuttle to the hospital or anyehere else you would nned to go within a 5 mile radius, so I could save myself the expense of a car. I stayed four nights and am planning to return next week for another five because my brother is still in the hospital. The staff are exceedingly personable and helpful, the service excellent and the room we stayed in was very, very clean and had the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in in a hospital. On the negative side, as pointed out in other reviews, the walls are kind of thin and you can hear noisy people walking in the hallways. Other than that, I found this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I recently stayed at the Hilton Rialto and had a great experience. The staff was excellent, especially the restaurant hostess, Dee, who was very friendly and helpful. My compliments also to the front desk staff , especially Paul, the shuttle driver Johnny, and the bartender, Kyle. I had a great time at the bar in the lobby. The room was very nicely appointed, especially the pillow-top mattress. My only complaint would be the odor of cigarette smoke on the chair in the "non-smoking" room I was assigned (701). Great location for restaurants, nightlife, and the beach. I will return in the very near future, and will surely recommend this property to my friends!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Stayed at this Hilton for a group outing. Had booked our reservations weeks in advance, asked for a suite, confirmed rate and all was well. When we arrived. suite wasn't available so we were downgraded. No offer to at least put us on the Concierge floor, just nothing. We were to receive a gift basket from our host when we checked in, front desk had them..didn't get it. In fact, had to go back down to front and get it myself. The highlight of the day was our bellman, John. Thankfully he was wonderful and we spoke to him several times during our stay. Gordon at the front desk was not as helpful. Our breakfast in Lafitte's was wonderful, both the hostess and our server were right on top of it. Sadly though...it is the first impression that seems to last the longest..

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2010

Florida hotels are cheap and this especially includes Melbourne hotels that are not on the ocean. Even beachside hotels are a bargain. This hotel is renovated and the suites are comfortable and generous. Watch for the bed and breakfast specials with a delicious breakfast buffet. A great stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2010

Nice rooms. Walls are thin so you can hear other guests next door doing adult stuff loud and clear in the middle of the night. Can get annoying fast.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business