“Saved us from the airport!”

Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Kentucky
“Saved us from the airport!”
Reviewed January 19, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my mother for one night but it was not by choice. Delta canceled our flight out of Melbourne because of mechanical problems and they put us up here for one night.

We were very, very happy with the sympathetic staff which picked us up at the airport and then gave us a very nice room. The lobby was beautiful and relaxing and the hotel was very quiet.

I highly recommend the hotel restaurant. If it is closed when you are there you can order from the menu in the bar, which is what we did. To make a long story short, much to our surprise the amazing staff at the hotel volunteered to use the vouchers toward our dinner since we would need to leave the hotel the next day before breakfast was served.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
MA
Reviewed December 8, 2009

I was not impressed with this Hilton. I am a gold Hilton Honors member and was told an upgrade to their executive floor was not possible (just as another Hilton gold/platinum tripadvisor contributor also experienced in a recent review here). OK - so *maybe* they were 100% booked (although this seemed doubtful by the traffic in the hotel and the parking lot capacity and the morning I left to travel I did a quick search and executive floor rooms were showing up as available on their website). Well, I would normally have been complacent about this issue and not bothered to write a review here, except for the fact that along with my room key to my "basic as basic goes" standard room I found this self promoting marketing letter about some award they won (not sure how) that made a point of stating how "happy" they were to provide me with an upgrade to a junior suite. Now I am not gullible nor stupid and the room I was in was 100% a standard room. You can clearly see from their own website what a standard room looks like vs. a junior suite vs. an executive room. Likewise all the amenities are clearly listed out on their website for a standard room vs. a junior suite. My standard room was clearly not in any way a junior suite. In fact it had a huge stain on the window curtain, an old tube TV, no micro/no fridge, no nothing. I think it is an unacceptable "con" to try to make their customers believe they had upgraded them when in fact there was clearly no upgrade provided. Additionally I was entitled to breakfast coupons in lieu of executive floor access (per Hilton's honors program rules) and I was provided with no coupons. I can't recommend this hotel and I feel like they were trying to "con" me about the room. Lastly, the room was very noisy - the plumbing gurgled whenever someone in another room used the water - this was bothersome to the extent it kept waking me up. Doors have significant gaps and they slam - so there is a lot of hallway noise as well. If you are a regular Hilton customer - stay away from this one - it's just not up to par.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Inverness, FL
Reviewed November 17, 2009

I was very pleasantly surprised at almost everything about this hotel. We were told that it had been recently refurbished and it shows. The daily room rate was reasonable. Because I am a Hilton Honors member, free bottles of water were supplied each day in the room. The staff was friendly and courteous. The guest rooms were clean and tastefully decorated. The hotel advertises that it has the excellent room-darkening drapes. That was true but, unfortunately, there were many other sources of light in the room - the mp3 player/clock and light from the hall due to the room doors being smaller than the frame. I was glad that I have a sleep mask.
Wireless internet was available in the room without extra charge. The only (very minor) downside was that the internet connection expired after 24 hours, right in the middle of a project I was doing. A phone call to the front desk was all I needed to reacquire access.
The breakfast buffet was adequate and moderately priced. One lunch and one dinner were included in our conference registration and both were much better than the fare at other conference hotels. Another lunch was hosted and for $15 we received a very tastefully presented and bounteous mixed greens salad topped by large breast of chicken cutlets. The chicken was cooked just right and the salad dressings were very nice. On the last evening, we had dinner at Lafitte's restaurant, located in the hotel building. We were very impressed with our choice, the rack of ribs. All in all, a very pleasant two days and three nights.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Georgia
Reviewed August 2, 2009

My family and I was very satisfied with our stay at the Hilton. everyone was very plesant and the service was great! Hope to visit next year and stay longer.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Tampa,Fl
Reviewed July 25, 2009

This location seemed a little below par for the Hilton family of hotels. From the lack luster paint job in the elevator cars to the musty smell of the towels, this place seemed to be struggling to maintain the Hilton appearance. Although the staff was top shelf and that is what made my stay enjoyable. (Great job staff)
This place is more of a flop house for business travelers then a cozy place to stay for a few days.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 10, 2009

Staff was very courteous and efficient, especially the front desk and concierge. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. This is a very nice Hilton.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Frederick, MD
Reviewed March 19, 2009

I took a business trip to Florida Institute of Technology which is located in Melbourne, FL. I flew into the local airport, and chose the hotel based on 1) recommendation by person at university and 2) shuttle service between hotel and airport. With the latter, I did not need to rent a car for this trip.

From the shuttle driver to the concierge to the wait staff, the service was excellent. The room was large with a king-sized bed. I selected the executive suite which included continental breakfast ($10 more a night). The executive suites were on the 8th floor, and required entering your room card in an elevator slot to gain access. I paid $139 per night (university rate).

There were plenty of amenities in the room, including shampoo, soap, cap, sewing kit, coffee maker with coffee and tea, etc. Great pressure in the shower. Large plush towels and robe. 6 pillows on the bed. Another nice touch was table and desk mounted outlets for your electrical outlets. I always find it a hassle unplugging a lamp and getting on my knees to find a place to plug in my laptop or phone charger. The room included free wireless, and I was given the access code at the front desk.

There was a large armoire in the room. An LCD tv rested on top, and in one side I was surprised to find a mini fridge and microwave. The other side was placed the glasses (not plastic cups), ice bucket and free bottled water.

The bed was by far the best I have slept on outside of my tempur-pedic. I was very comfortable and well-rested, surrounded by the many pillows.

The room was not perfect. There was too much of a gap around the door to the hallway, as much as 1/4 inch. This allowed quite a bit of noise, and too much light to leak into the room at night. Also, there was not enough noise baffling from the outside (parking lot). I had to use the AC fan for white noise. I did bring up the issue of the door to the front desk at checkout. Perhaps my room (803) was the exception.

Vending machine only included canned sodas ($1). Food was available through room service which I did not sample.

Highly recommended.