“Very average hotel for a Hilton” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place

Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very average hotel for a Hilton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I thought this was a below average hotel for a Hilton. The service was great and it's a stones throw from the airport but other than that I don't have anything positive to say. Being a Hilton I expected so much more from the room. I felt like the Comfort Inn I stayed in while in Nashville was much better. And that was the first time in a loooooooooong time that I stayed in a 3 star or less hotel. If you find a better deal go elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear NTC214,

I want to tell you how grateful I am that you took the time to write a review of the hotel. While it saddens me that you found the property falling short of your expectations, I appreciate the kind words you had to share about our service. I'm intrigued to know more about your stay, as it will help us to improve our offerings for you and our future guests. If you'd be so kind as to contact me and let me know more about your experience, I'd be in your debt. The hotel is the highest-rated full-service Hilton product in the region, averaging in the top 12% of all Hilton Hotels in the Americas (that's 281 hotels). Our typical guest has positive things to say about their room and our public areas, so I would be grateful for the chance to evaluate and improve the room you stayed in. We are in the process of planning a full renovation in 2015, so that will also help bring some of the more obviously aging areas of the property above and beyond the expectation of the most seasoned traveler. Please return to the property when you can and allow us to make a better second impression. Until that time, I thank you again and remain at your service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
San Antonio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Close to the airport, beaches, and downtown activities. Jr. Suite, pool and outside lounging area made this a great stay for us. Weather was great in the morning and early afternoon and rained in the late afternoon, we were able to sprawl out in the suite and other hotel areas during the rain.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Robert,

Thank you for staying with us when in town from San Antonio! First of all, GO SPURS GO! It had to be said...

I was glad to hear that the hotel was a perfect refuge from Florida's rainy season. Hopefully the weather will cooperate more upon your next visit. Please keep us in mind when you come back!
Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

When I was searching for a beach front hotel in Melbourne for 4th of July, I was dissaponted to find out they were all booked. Well, this hotel had just two rooms available and was close enough to our friends house, and to the fun area we wanted to visit. So I booked it before the rooms were gone! I was dissaponted I had to "settle" for a non beach hotel, but well, at least the drive would not be that bad.
I was ready for your average hotel experience in Florida hotels, the grumpy front desk agent, the ice cold staff who pretends they don't see or hear you.
Not at the Hilton Rialto Place! We arrived and were greeted by a beautiful smiley face at the front desk! ( I could see our friend's faces, who were able to book a hotel by the beach and arrived to Melbourne ahead of us, in amaze of our front desk agent attitude)
We were concerned that since the hotel was booked we were going to get a crappy room. We were not able to book a 2 Kings bed since they were all book, so again I settled for 2 Double beds. We had a girlfriend staying with us.
Well, we were assigned room 807, two double beds as I reserved, but the view made for it!!! We loved this room!! And the beds were so comfortable!

Everytime we came out of the room and saw a hotel staff member, they will smile at us and greet us!
There were do many restaurants and bars in short driving distance that we were busy around town, we never used our drink vouchers given to us at check in!
Come to find out that the staff at the beach hotel were our friends stayed in were not as friend las our hotel.
We decided this will be the hotel if choice for our Melbourne visits. Thank You!
We will be back!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank MollySlucher
Dear Molly,

It's so wonderful to hear how well your experience turned out with us! Thank you for your very kind review. While we are not on the beach, we are proud to offer the very nicest rooms in town and service that has no equal in Florida. Please keep us in mind the next time you travel to Melbourne, even if the beachfront hotels have rooms. It's only four miles to the beach, and my complimentary shuttle is available anytime you'd like to go. It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and we look forward to hosting you again when you return!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for two nights for a wedding that was in Melbourne. Book this hotel Via their website for a great deal. Had a queen bed. The bed was very comfortable, the room was very clean. The bathroom the flooring everything was in really good condition. The location was okay. There's not much in Melbourne to do. Several stores and items are scattered around if you have a phone that can be GPS to locate. There was a restaurant downstairs that we did eat at called the rustic. We only ordered a pizza and wings which were pretty good. There was no fridge but there was a microwave in the lobby that we were able to use to reheat through the next day. The location did have a bar that we did not use, there was a pool and tennis court and basketball court that we also do not use. Parking was free and in the front of the hotel and was in safe condition. Their air-conditioner works fine, the water pressure in the shower also was in great condition and good water pressure. I would recommend to sign up for the Hilton rewards because they do include free Wi-Fi that was very reliable and also free water bottles in the room daily. This I would definitely recommend because for a Hilton hotel for about $80 a night was a great deal, I booked it online through the website using the book in advance in Promo rate. There was a business center that was open that had a computer and a printer for people to use.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear mbtran321,

It is always a privilege to have a senior contributing reviewer post such a well-written and specific evaluation of our hotel. Thank you for observing and describing your findings, from the quality of accommodations & outlets to the quality of our service. We are preparing to have a full renovation of the hotel in the next several months, so we hope you'll return to experience our property again. If you let me know when you'll be arriving, I will do my best to have you upgraded to an executive floor where all rooms have refrigerators and microwaves. If not, I will see that the appliances available to rent are provided to you. Thanks again for the review and have an outstanding day!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Very nice hotel, beds were super comfortable, restaurant has terrific food and a great breakfast buffet. The pool is large and was spotless the entire stay even though there were some storms. We had a slight mix-up with our room on check-in (was supposed to be two doubles), Gordon at the front desk re-accomodated us promptly into a much more suitable room and made us very happy. Staff is very friendly, from the wait staff in the restaurant and lounge to the front desk (thanks again Gordon and Melinda :). Have stayed at other hotel properties in and around Melbourne on business, but this is definitely the best.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mary Kathryn N.,

It was very nice to receive your review of our hotel from your recent stay! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for the very kind comments. Gordon and Melinda are true stars on our team, so I'm glad you had the opportunity to experience their level of superior service. We appreciate the compliments for the property and the service and hope you'll come back very soon to experience it again. We all remain at your service!
Kennesaw, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I am very satisfied and pleased with every person I encountered in the hotel. This experience I had in the hotel was the best one comparing to the ones I had before. The employees were very respectful and they gave me their best. I highly recommend it for anybody who is looking for a great experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Maria Lucia C.,

I love that your review was centered mostly on the quality and professionalism of the service and interaction with my team, and I am thrilled to learn that they took such great care of you. We are very fortunate to have genuinely dedicated associates who take tremendous pride in delivering exceptional experiences and treating everyone with respect and kindness. Thank you for praising them! Come back and see us when you can.
Lebanon, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The Hilton Rialto Place is in a convenient location near the Melbourne Airport and within a short drive to the beaches. The lobby is beautiful and the decor is modern with fountains and an inviting courtyard. The bar is lack-luster and could certainly be more substantial but it had a large screen television and served its purpose. Our room was nice and had crown molding and granite table tops. There really was no view from the window or balcony, but the room was very nice. The best part of the hotel was huge outdoor pool and tennis courts. You could really spend all day there!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dewar Julie S.,

Thank you so much for choosing the Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place and for taking the time to write such a flattering review of the hotel. We are grateful for your feedback and appreciate your sharing your experience with others considering our location. I'm excited to let you know that our bar is one of the outlets at the hotel that will be updated during our upcoming renovation. We can't wait to show it off to you once the remodel is complete. As far as the views, they vary depending upon the room. Let me know when next you'll be checking-in, and I will see about having you assigned a room with some different scenery. We look forward to seeing you when you return to Melbourne..!