“A great place to stay!”

Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The hotel was clean and comfortable, and the breakfasts were delicious. The staff were all friendly and helpful. A minor problem with the TV one evening was fixed within minutes. The hotel shuttle service to local businesses and shopping was great!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Stuart S.,

It was a sincere privilege to host your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of the property. I hope you'll come stay with us again the next time you are in Melbourne, and please let me know if there is anything we could be doing to make your experience even more pleasant than before. My associates and I remain at your service.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Traveling from North Carolina to Fort Lauderdale on March 15th, we stayed at this hotel because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor. My wife and I had another couple with us and all four of us were really pleased with the hotel, service and food. We ate in their restaurant and had drinks and appetizers. Everything was excellent.

We want to give a special "shout out" to Natalie at check in. She was cheerful and helpful. . Wish that I could recall the pretty bartenders name, as she was also great. Thanks much for a very nice stay

Room Tip: Especially good rates on weekends.

Dear JimBird94,

It is such a thrill to learn we earned your business through our TripAdvisor reputation! We are fortunate to have so many guests who feel passionate enough about their experience as to write about it when they return home. It was especially nice to hear that you chose our hotel even when Melbourne was not your destination. Please come see us again on your return trip to NC! It would be an honor to host your stay again. Natalie is one of those associates who makes you proud to be in the hospitality business, so thank you for recognizing her in your review. I'll pass along your praise when I see her! We have two bartenders, and they are both very lovely ladies... Kim and Cheryl. They are both spectacular at what they do, so I'll let them know you said hello! Thanks again for taking the time to review the hotel, and safe travels.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We were looking for a hotel a few hours from Miami, where we were picking up a cruise. This hotel was a good deal. It is a high rise hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful, giving us some travel advice for our trip to Miami. We had a long day of driving and this hotel was in a very convenient location for I-95 travel. We didn't want to look for a restaurant, so we ate at their location. You could have a very nice meal, or just a sandwich. The food was very good.
This hotel is not on the beach, but if you want to stay at a very nice, friendly hotel, this Hilton is an excellent choice.

Dear KathyJ26,

I hope your cruise was as nice as it sounds! I'm glad we were able to help start your vacation off on the right foot. Thank you for the kind words and the nice review of our restaurant offerings. If you need a place to stay on the way home from your cruise, we'd love to extend our hospitality again! Please stop by anytime you are in the Melbourne-area. It was a pleasure to be of service.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Place is clean and quite. Avoid the restaurant, food is poor and WAY over priced. Breakfast will cost around 25.00 per person. I have stayed in this hotel numerous times. I have raised the issue of the poor coffee and have had no luck in changing it. Will avoid staying at this hotel in future stays in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Wade,

I was very disappointed to read your review but I wanted to see if I could clarify some of the points in it. Please reach out to me directly if you would like to explain fully what you meant by claiming "breakfast will cost you $25 per person". Our restaurant, Rustic, serves a full hot breakfast on a buffet and an ala carte menu for only $12.99 per person. I can send you the menu if you need to review it again. I can assure you for a Hilton or any other full-service hotel brand, this is a bargain...and our average guest review on surveys for the quality of the food is 30 to 40 points higher than the Hilton America's average. I'm not sure what happened during your dining experience to make you feel it was that expensive and not to your liking, but it seems to be the exception to the rule. Coffee seems to be a very personal experience for each person, so I can't argue the point of how good or bad it might be. I can only appreciate your opinion. The majority of our guests rave on the coffee, and we are unlikely to change it since we are serving a premium product that exceeds most people's expectations. I'm glad the hotel was quiet and comfortable during your stays, and I hope you'll change your mind about returning. I think we might have just had a misunderstanding on prices and a difference of coffee-drinking opinion. I wish you well.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I would rate this a 5 but on my last trip found the phone in the room not working, there were no plastic drinking glasses and also I am used to having a small fridge. I recommend asking for a room with an eastern view if one wants to see the waters: The west side faces the parking lot. This is a fine hotel and it is very close to Melbourne International Airport. Lots of parking. Friendly staff. 3 public CPUs in lobby to use. Comfortable beds. Marvelous ambiance. Excellent prices. I will stay here again, despite a few concerns. Very good for couples & business meetings.

Room Tip: Ask for an eastern view, if possible. Book ahead.

Dear Doctor ADK,

Thank you for such a kind review of our hotel! I do apologize for the challenges you had with the phone in your room. Please let me know if our engineers were unable to fix it for you or we couldn't relocate you to another room. If you reach out to me personally as far in advance of your next arrival, I will do my level best to see you get a room on our executive floor with the best available view and refrigerator & microwave for your convenience. It is a privilege to have the opportunity to host your stay when in Melbourne, so please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make it more enjoyable. Have a great day!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Very near the airport, yet quiet! Nice hotel, good amenities, friendly staff. Great shower, and the best towels ever. Close to causeway so easy access to beaches, though you definitely have to drive. (If you are a runner, the causeway has a great path and good views!)

1  Thank pirategirlross

Dear PirateGirlRoss,

A true Barbados pirate!! I hope you didn't plunder those comfy towels when ye' sailed out.. ;-)

You are incredibly kind to take the time to write a review for the hotel. While I should be running on the causeway but haven't, I hear that it's a true runner's paradise. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of it. Thank you for praising our hotel and its location. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here and hope you'll drop anchor here again the next time ye' put back to sea. M' crew and I remain humbly at ye' service. Y'arrrrrrrr.....

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed in the Hilton Rialto Place for Washington Nationals spring training games. This is a first class hotel that surprised me some extra perks. On check-in, I was given a room on the Concierge level and vouchers for a free drink at the bar, a free appetizer, and a free breakfast. To say the least, I was pleasantly surprised and took advantage of it all! All Hilton employees were very nice, helpful, and not the least bit snobbish. I enjoyed my stay!

As usual for a Hilton property, the bedding is a cut above the rest. It was a very comfortable stay. This hotel is less than 10 minutes to the beaches and about 25 minutes to Viera, where the Nats training camp and games are located.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Charley,

I know Severna Park VERY well, and I used to frequent a restaurant there called The Gingerbread Man before it went out of business. I went to school at the US Naval Academy in Annapolis as well as the University of Maryland at College Park. It was great to have someone from my old stomping ground here in Melbourne! Thank you for such a kind review and for choosing our hotel. We love of our Nationals Spring Training guests and hope you'll make us your home-away-from-home each season!