“Barkingham Palace by Hilton”

Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Moore Haven
“Barkingham Palace by Hilton”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This hotel was utilized by numerous attendees for the Annual Florida Corgi Picnic in Palm Bay. The hotel was very accomidating and even offered the courtyard as a gathering place for corgi families to relax and mingle. Although this is a pet friendly hotel, when you walked in from the lobby to the room you would never know it. It was very clean and every member of the staff that I encountered were friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with or without a pet. Ches especially liked the floor to ceiling windows where he could look out and see the coming and goings of fellow corgis. We utilized the room service which was quick and cost friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Falinesmom,

Hilton Rialto LOVED our Corgis and their families! It was such a great event, and our canine guests were some of the cleanest, most well-behaved we have ever hosted from ANY species! It was a privilege to have your group stay with us, and we look forward to many subsequent years of being your home away from home! Thank you so much for the compliments and the kind review of our property. It is gratifying to know it exceeds the expectations of all of our guests...whether two-legged or four!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Overall our experience was great. The hotel was a bit on the cold side, but next time I will bring more sweaters. The staff was friendly and helpful; even thought we did not use them the Bell staff was also friendly. All the staff was neat and tidy. We arrived during a massive check in and they really moved us along without making it seem impersonal. Over all a great place to stay!

Dear Flotsam85,

It was a pleasure getting the opportunity to host your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of the hotel and review our service. I will pass along your compliments about the team, and I am grateful you found your stay so pleasant. Your observation about the hotel being a little cold is a point well-taken. We are trying to find a "happy medium" in the guestroom hallways to keep the Florida heat and humidity from impacting the stay of our guests, but we may be pushing the cool air to the other extreme. I will make sure our property engineers are aware of the issue. Thank you for making us a better hotel..! Have a wonderful day.
St. Petersburg, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Rialto Place. The fron desk person was very cordial and acommodating. The housekeeping department, and maintenance Dept. was very helpful in providing extra towels, and a table, chairs and linen for the meetings that were held in the suite we occupied. I picked up the phone and explained what I needed at the time and everything was provided for me. It's not often that a hotel's staff is found to be so helpful without having to request what you need aat least two or three times. Thanks Hilton Hotel at Rialto Place. I'm sure we will bring our conventions/conferences back there again. Thelma Davis

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ms. Davis,

Thank you so much for such a kind review our hotel and my team. We pride ourselves on attentive, courteous and prompt service, so I'm thrilled to hear you found our response to be efficient and eager. I hope you will return to the property as soon as possible and allow us to continue to "wow" you! It has been and remains our sincere pleasure. Thanks, again!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Everything here is extremely clean and surprisingly affordable. The housekeeping staff are doing a great job and are highly motivated (ninja cleaning if you leave your room for five minutes...how do they know??) My only complaint: the legendary caramel apple pie is always out. :/ Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear BrendyB..!

If you reach out to me in advance of your arrival, I will make sure there is Caramel Apple Pie waiting for you upon check-in! It is extremely gratifying to know our hotel, staff and dining experience have left such a positive impact on you. It is a privilege to have the opportunity to repeatedly exceed your expectations, so I hope you'll give me a head start message prior to your next visit so that I can start baking. ;-)

Thank you for such a generous review! I look forward to seeing you again when you next return to the Melbourne-area.
Casselberry, Florida, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Absolutely wonderful staff and facilities. Very accommodating, friendly and dog-friendly!! The Breakfast Buffet is amazing...one downside might be that you get their one bad server who will NOT tell you that you can order EXTRA items that you don't see on the Buffet. (Hopefully she will be gone soon!) The Courtyard is beautiful and relaxing for cocktails and friendship, and extremely Corgi friendly. Room service was friendly and delivered fresh, hot and delicious as well. It was a great experience!! :-)

Dear Pat,

Thank you for being part of the Corgi Picnic and letting us play host to you and your fuzzy companion! I am incredibly pleased to hear that the property and service made such a positive impact on you. If you will reach out to me at skelly@hiltonmelbourne.com with details about your breakfast server and how she may have fallen short of your expectations, I can assure you we will improve the experience for next time. I'm sorry that impacted your dining experience.

It was a sincere pleasure hosting your group this month, and we all look forward to seeing you again in 2014. Until then, we thank you for the very kind review remain at your service.
Saint Augustine, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed at your Hilton because of the it arrangement made with the sponsors of the annual Corgi Picnic in Palm Bay. We -my wife, our two corgis-Bess & Winnie, and myself really enjoyed the accommodations, and the grounds were nice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Dear John,

Our entire team had such a great time playing host to all of our Corgis and their families! Thank you for allowing us to be the host venue for the event and for bringing such well-behaved and classy guests with you! We can't wait to see you all next year, and we hope to see even more furry friends in 2014. Thank you for the very nice review, as well..!
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I would have given this hotel 5 stars except for the fact that the very lovely back terrace was not wheelchair accessible. Although the area was large enough complete with flowing fountains, fireside conversation pits and long wide stair platforms, there was no ramp. Otherwise, as to the bathroom and guest room areas this hotel was one of the more accessibile hotels we have stayed in. Did not check out the pool. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and accommodating. The fitness area was very well equipped. The restuarant located in the hotel served delicious homemade chips, perfectly seasoned. We were there for a wedding and even the wedding entries were delicious.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Toni,

I truly appreciated your review of our hotel and the fact that you took the time to comment about your stay with us! While I was very pleased to know we exceeded your expectations for all things but one, the challenge we presented you with was not acceptable and truly regrettable. One of our associates should have escorted you to the sidewalk route from an alternate entrance/exit that would have allowed you to access our back patio area from the other side of the venue. This path is fully accessible but not immediately obvious, and for that I am truly sorry. We are anticipating several property upgrades this summer, and a direct ramp access to that courtyard is on the improvement plan. I hope you will be so kind as to allow us to host your next visit and fully satisfy your every expectation. If there is anything I can do to make it up to you in the meantime, I truly hope you will contact me directly at the hotel. Thank you again for your kind survey!