Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$184
Residence Inn
$129
La Quinta Inn & Suites Melbourne - Palm Bay(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$95
  • Beachfront
$109
$102
HolidayInn.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Melbourne Viera(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$99
La Quinta
$199
$195
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Days Inn Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$71
$69
TripAdvisor
All reviewsexecutive floorthe concierge loungeclose to the airportfront deskhilton melbournelobby barnice hoteldiamond membershuttle servicebusiness tripjunior suiteflorida techbusiness travelerfitness centerbreakfast buffetbusiness centerenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This hotel was remarkably quiet and comfortable. The bathtub was incredibly clean - more than I've seen in any other hotel - and the rooms felt like new rooms even though it's obviously not a new hotel.

The pool situation is very odd though. It is out in the parking lot with a fence around it - not even connected to the hotel building itself. It closes at dusk, so not possible to soak in a hot tub or have a swim in the evening. That was disappointing to me for a Hilton.

Another negative would be the lack of nearby restaurants etc. If you have a vehicle, you need to drive awhile to find something off premises. If you don't have a vehicle, there are no options besides the hotel restaurant.

For the purpose of a comfortable, quiet rest and close proximity to the Melbourne airport, it's ideal. (This is where the airline flight crews stay.)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JAG0002
hiltonrialto, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

We are happy that you were able to have a quiet relaxing stay with us. Our entire staff takes pride in keeping our hotel in top condition.

Our pool is open until 10pm every night.. The fence around the pool is for your added safety and security.

Even though we are not close to the restaurants we do include a complimentary shuttle service within a five mile radius. This includes Historic Downtown Melbourne and all of the restaurants and night spots. We also provide service to the beach.

We look forward to making your next visit to the Melbourne area relaxing and enjoyable.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed there one night before leaving on Saturday for our honeymoon cruise. The room was beautiful and clean. They upgraded us with a balcony. The staff was so helpful. They also had a driver "Johnnny" who took us to eat dinner and then to Walmart to shop for our trip at no additional charge. He was really nice. We will stay there again if we get back to Melbourne Florida. Just FYI the Melbourne, Florida airport is the closest airport for taking a cruise from Port Canaveral if you are leaving from a terminal.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2012

While attending a national car show, my wife and I stayed two nights at this hotel. We expected more from a Hilton. The room had lots of dust on the ceiling vent and when the room next to us ran their bathroom faucet or flushed the toilet, it sounded like it was in our room. On Saturday I went out at 10 and came back at 2 pm and the room was not made up. When I called, I was told the maids work late so people can sleep in and they work up till 5 pm. The maid came about 3:30 pm. It would have been nice if they told us that.
As for the restaurant in the lobby, LaFitte's , I tried to do a review on it but they are not listed on trip advisor. The first night the food was good but service not the best. I was not given a glass with a imported beer I ordered because I was told there was a banquet and they took all the glasses. I then received a wine glass. The second day I had breakfast in the same restaurant. I sat for 15 minutes and not approached by a waitress. I had to flag the male manager as we walked out of the kitchen to get assistance. The food was good, especially the smoked bacon on the buffet and the omelette I had made. But the waitress was kind of spinning around and I never was able to get a coffee refill even though others did. I had to take my cup up to the front of the restaurant to find a coffee station for more. As I left I filled out a comment card and told the hostess of what had happened. As I started to walk away she said "we were slammed", probably not wanting me to hear it. I turned back and said, "you were slammed, it doesn't look like it'. The restaurant was only about 1/3 full when I arrived and not quite half full when I left. I wonder what happens when they really get busy. I walked across the lobby and saw the manager and told him I left the comment card. He said he took care of it.. not sure what he meant. I was not given any credit and did not expect any. I just wanted him to know how lousy the service was. Later that evening, I saw the same male "manager" serving dinners during a banquet but did not appear to be in a supervisory position. The food at the banquet was ok, typical banquet food. If we return for another event, we may stay at the hotel but will go to another restaurant nearby.

Room Tip: If you have the convenience, look at the room before you check in.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank norme-ormond
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I stayed here while attending a meeting in the area. The hotel is close to the Melbourne airport (but absolutely no jet noise) and convenient to the beach. The staff were all professional and very courteous. The rooms seem to have been nicely restored although you can see in the hallways that this property is not new. The exercise room is not huge but adequately equipped. The food was great in the restaurant with huge portions - only complaints were the water glasses and napkins are far overdue for replacement. My water glass was very cloudy and when I asked for a cleaner one, the hostess told me they're "all like that - all worn out" (!?) The napkins clearly used to be several shades of darker green. For business purposes, I'd probably stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
hiltonrialto, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2012

We appreciate your honest review of our hotel. We will be sharing your kind words about our staffs professionalism, our centralized location and the quiteness of the area.

I will be forwarding your comments to our Food and Beverage Director to review with his staff.

We want to continue to be your hotel of choice when visiting Melbourne and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

The staff was very accommodating upon our early arrival to the hotel. No hassle at check in and the grounds were spectacular. For an airport property, we did not hear one plane arrive or take off. Van servcie exceeded my expectations and very flexible, will even bring you to the beach. Pool was very clean and at an excellent temperature.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple