“Did the job...”

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Ottawa, Canada
“Did the job...”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Comfortable and well located if you're doing business with one of the companies in the area. Good equipment in the health club. I really liked the reasonably priced buffet breakfast.... nice balance between supplying all the basics (hot foods, fresh fruit, etc) without going overboard.
About a 10 minute walk to grocery stores and fast food... drive required to other restaurants and bars.
Only major negative is the slooooooow wireless internet.....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel twice now for business trips. It seems to be the best hotel I can find for the price in this area, so I'm disappointed that I may be looking for a new hotel the next time I return. The first time I stayed in this hotel, the sink would not drain in the bathroom. I was hoping maintenance could fix the problem while I was out the next day, so I called the front desk to let them know. They notified me the next day that they needed me to switch rooms because they could not fix the problem. Not a huge problem for me, especially since they gave me free happy hour and breakfast for the rest of my stay. When I returned for another trip, I woke up to my bathtub filled with brown water. The front desk sent maintenance up immediately, but they could not fix the problem until the guest in the room next to mine left. I had to get to a meeting at a client, so I had to take a shower in the dirty tub (which they had drained) just to get to work at a reasonable time. I ended up checking out that morning. The staff was friendly about it and did not charge me for cancelling the remaining nights. I would like to stay at this hotel again when I return to Melbourne, but I don't know if I'll encounter more problems there in the future.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 19, 2011

After searching for 3 hours we finally retorted to using Hotwire and found Hilton Rialto as the option.

People say its about - you get what you pay for - We got more than what we paid for. It is a clean neat place, our room was good - well supplied with anything we needed for our trip. The hotel has a good fitness center, friendly staff and is architecturally rich too. the food quality was fine.

The only minus tending point here would be that - it wasn't a beach front hotel, though the beaches are not far from the location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roxand
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Have stayed at this hotel many times, and it is such a nice place to stay. Though the restaurant leaves something to be desired, I don't go there to eat.

The rooms are up to date, clean and comfortable. Every night they have iced lemonade in the lobby and every morning they have great, tasty, hot coffee...not your regular joe.

More importantly, the bell man always remembers me...I have been staying at this hotel off and on for about 3 years and he always seems to be there....very dedicated!!

Room Tip: Very nice quality for the price.
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
hiltonrialto, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on your recent visit.
We look forward to making you feel right at home on your next visit to the Melbourne area

Neil Clark
Revenue Manager
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This property is business oriented, not near the beach. Food is somewhat pricey and average tasting.

I stayed in a King Suite with a balcony (room 809) My room was a mixture of good and bad. On the good side was a terrific bed with excellent pillows. A nice flat screen tv. Balcony off main room. Good work area, Microwave, fridge, good breakfast buffet and helpful staff. The Bellman was great, i wish i got his name. Terry cloth robes were nice.

On the negative side, it’s an older property which has had some updating but pockets of problems were noticeable throughout. PAINFULLY slow wireless, although they claim it was being updated per notice in room key jacket. The whirlpool tub was GROSS and in need of a thorough cleaning and sanitizing with crud buildup in the tub and tracks of tub enclosure and airjet nozzle broken off. Shower use only, no whirlpool for me. The towel shelf was ripped out of the wall on one side. The bathroom door was delaminating and was painted over. A/C system struggles to keep up and runs all the time. Burned out light bulbs were promptly replaced by maintenance. You have to walk across the parking lot to the pool.

Overall I would give it an 80/100

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank YepBeenThere
Norcross, GA
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I booked a meeting room and received a last minute email (not even the courtesy of a call) that they had overbooked. The general manager was able to accomidate my group but it was a crappy fix. The food was bad, light bread and lunch meat. Then the catering person knowingly did not charge$ 12 on my card. Received a call 2 days later and said they were going to charge me. Even after I told her he knew she insisted they needed to charge me$ 12. We spent about$ 1500 in 2 nights and they did all that over$ 12.

• Stayed May 2011
hiltonrialto, Director of Sales at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Please accept our sincere apologies you faced during your recent one day meeting. We tried extremely hared to honor our contract and ensure that your group left the hotel happy and pleased with our service. I have investigated the situation and cannot find record of us charging you the additional $12.00. We value your business and are happy to resolve this issue and discuss your experience at your earliest convenience.

Kathryn Reid
Director Of Sales
Saint Augustine
Reviewed July 21, 2011

My Mother and I stayed at this location for 1 night on July 16th, 2011. The parking lot was well lit and easy to access from the hotel lobby. The front desk attendant was very friendly and put us in a lovely room over looking the parking lot on floor 6. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel is only a short 10 minute drive to Melbourne Beach. I would stay here again if our travels brought us back to this area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay here at the Hilton Melbourne Rialto and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit

Neil Clark