“As Expected.”

Courtyard Melbourne West
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The courtyard by Marriott chain is predictable in their offerings. The problem with them is that unless you get a deal through Hotwire or Priceline they are not competitive with a competitior like Hampton Inn. For example you have to buy breakfast so add $20.00 for two to your bill. They are much more suited to the business traveller with an expense account. This one is in a good location and everything worked well. The room was fine and I would suggest to ask for a ground floor unit if you want convenient use of the heated pool, Close to a mall and numerous restaurants it is about a 15 min drive to the beach and 10 min to the freeway. One flaw -- noise from other rooms and hallways.

Room Tip: choose a gorund floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Good Day!

On behalf of the West Melbourne “WOW” Team, we appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to share with us your feedback. We sincerely thank you for selecting the Melbourne Courtyard by Marriott for your past stay. Feedback from our guests, both negative and positive is the key to our continuous improvement process and our ability to provide quality service and a quality product to all our guests.

We look forward to having you stay with us again for your next trip to the Space Coast!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This is a very nice hotel. It is just a few minutes off the beaten path, but well worth the extra 5 minutes. It is very clean and has a wonderful pool and exterior grounds. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable. I needed an extra cot, which they brought up to my room. The service was friendly. I highly recommend this Courtyard. It is a hidden gem.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Good Day!

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I will pass on your review to everyone on our team!

We hope to see you again soon while traveling on the beaten path! :)

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I really enjoy Marriott hotels but I wasn't fully impressed with this one..The room itself was clean but later that night I went in the bathroom and I noticed the sink was really dirty with what looked like little crumb and sand particles.I couldn't figure out what it was and I blamed the hubby but never asked if he left it dirty.The next morning I heard bubbling sounds coming out of the bathroom and when I went in to check it out the sink was backed up with dirty,stinky water..We couldn't even brush our teeth there.I went to the front to report it and all she said was oh sometimes that happens when there's others using the sinks in the building.there was no apology or a credit to our Marriott points or anything..Will not be staying here again.we stayed there feb 27 and checked out on Feb 28/14.

Good Day!

I do apologize for your recent experience here. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and that service was not provided to you. This is something that does not happen and I apologize for you getting the incorrect information. I have discussed this with both teams to make sure this does not occur again.

Please contact me directly to discuss this matter further and for us to make this experience right. We hope we have the opportunity of you visiting us again!

Jim Ridenour
General manager
jim.ridenour@marriott.com

Reviewed March 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed on route from Ft. Lauderdale to the Kennedy Space Centre. Facility was typical of other Courtyard Inn's we have stayed at. Clean, comfortable beds and very professional staff. We grabbed a light breakfast from their Bistro restaurant in the lobby area, which worked out great, nice not having to drive somewhere. Our room faced the pool on the second floor, it was very quiet. Rooms are spacious with a desk to use which a like and good WIFI connection with simple access! There were many restaurants in the area and we were able to walk to one in the evening for dinner.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Good Day!

Thank you for your kind words when reviewing our Courtyard. Our team appreciates guests like you!

I will pass on your review to our team!

Thank you again! Hope you get to travel to the Space Coast again soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is a great hotel, as usual with the Marriott brands. Nice lobby. Clean rooms and comfortable beds. Close to a number of chain restaurants. Just a couple miles to downtown Melbourne, where there are more great non-chain restaurants. Pleasant staff, and reasonably priced for a Marriott.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Barbara,

We would like to thank you for your great response for our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to write it

We are so happy that not only did you enjoy of hotel but you also had the opportuniy to enjoy the great points of interest in the Melbourne Area.

We hope you visit again!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We got a good deal on this hotel by going on Priceline a couple of days ahead. Pretty good location a few miles from downtown. A big shopping mall is a half mile away, Barnes and Noble even closer. Rooms were very clean and comfortable and the front desk staff was very friendly and professional. We didn't hear any noise at night, and enjoyed a good breakfast in the vinviting breakfast area (not cheap, at about $9 apiece, but it was pretty good). We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Good Day!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a great response for our Courtyard Hotel. I will pass on your wonderful repsonse to our team.

We hope you can visit us again the next time you are in the Melbourne area.

chiara,kafer@marriott.com

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I am writing this as I sit in our room at the Courtyard. We have lived in FL full time for the past 4 years and periodically take overnight trips to places we had never been. This trip brought us to Caneveral National Park - BEAUTIFUL and to the beaches along A1A and tomorrow the Bervard Zoo. So the Courtyard Melbourne West became a great place for the night. Good thing we prebooked online since they were FULL. I am a rewards member and frequent Mariott properties as often as possible. This is the cleanest Mariott I have ever experienced.. (I am a clean freak and usually find dust, and hair from previous guests without having to try too hard. Not the case here -clean as awhistle. I will sleep well!

Room Tip: we were in 343 - no balcony but king bed as requested sleeper sofa , quiet side position of building...
1  Thank FSUMomDad
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Hi FSU MomDad,

Thank you so much for your patronage to the Marriott Brand. We appreciate your thoughtful comments in regards to our property. Our team takes great pride in everything they do and after reading your comments it is nice to see our guests notice. I will make sure they know this.

I am so glad you were able to enjoy the many things our area has to offer.

We hope you visit us again soon!