“Friendly, Comfortable, Good Food, Spotlessly Clean”

Courtyard Melbourne West
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne
“Friendly, Comfortable, Good Food, Spotlessly Clean”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Exterior of hotel is well maintained, clean and the front desk crew was friendly and professional. The room was perfect - yes, that's right it was perfect - nothing out of place, clean, comfy bed, good desk chair, TV that worked properly, bedding that was clean, good pillows, on time wake up call and the Bistro has good food at reasonable prices. You can print out your tickets in the lobby at the airline terminal (for nearby MLB airport) in the lobby, the little snack shop is always stocked, and there is always a computer available should you need that. All in all one of the best places that I stay and this time was no different. Thank you to the management and staff!

Room Tip: You really don't want a room near the exercise room due to noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hi Glenn O,

Thank you so much for your kind compliments on our property. Our "WOW" team strives to make every moment of your stay memorable. I am so glad you experienced this. I will pass on all your wonderful words to our team.

We hope to see you soon!
chiara.kafer@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

This Courtyard has been recently remodeled with new lobby, pool area, courtyard, and room amenities. It has Nice staff and good accommodations. Rooms are clean and spacious. Lobby is nice for relaxing or working. Outdoor patio is internet connected. Free wifi to guests. During football season, happy hour for Thursday night football is very pleasant. Breakfast is a la carte and very good. I can recommend this hotel without qualification.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Good Day!

Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments. We look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Property Coordiantor
Wakefield, RI
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Very nice property about 3 miles off of I-95 on a fairly busy 4-lane, however by the time you reach the hotel, it's more mellow. Many restaurant choices nearby, we tried Smokey Bones, a 5 minute ride. Rooms were of ample size, small LCD, fridge,fast internet, very clean(except for noted below) and comfortable. Nice expansive lobby with a two-station business center. As with all in the Courtyard brand, there is no free breakfast. Only issue I had were some tiny insects crawling on the desk area in my 2nd floor room, it wasn't a hindrance to my stay but did inform the front desk on checkout. I tracked the rates a few days in advance and this property tends to have lower rates then other Marriott properties in the general area. Good business or recreational choice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank edtoby007
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Good Day!

I am so glad you were able to experince our Property. Thank you so much for informing the front desk in regards to the "extra guests" in your room. I can assure you that it has been taken care of. It is guests like you that help us in maintaining our hotel.

We hope to see you again! Thank you for your time and comments! Hope you have a safe and wonderful New Year!

Port Orange, Florida, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2013

From top to bottom, this place and staff have it down to a science. For the price, you won't find a nicer place. For a Courtyard by Marriott, you will not find a nicer, kinder and more helpful staff. From Kristine a night manager, to Lauren behind the bar, to Chris cutting fruit and making morning smoothies, this staff was on point every time we needed anything. We brought a group of 30 to the hotel with 12, 10 year old soccer players that can be a handful at times. Not only were they patient with our boys, but at any point we needed help finding fields, restaurants or other places such as Dunkin, the staff was right there for us.
The cleaning staff was also excellent and the facilities were just outstanding. If the one negative of our stay was that the bistro was not open all day long, and closed early at night, so no late night snacks. Other than that, the entire stay was excellent.

Room Tip: Over look the pool. Awesome!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff A
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Good Day Jeff,

WOW! Thank you so much for your kind compliments. I will pass all your great commments to our team, espceially to our night manager, Lauren and Chris.
I am so glad we were able to meet your needs while away.

I also wish our Bistro was opened later but in those late snack cases we have our 24 hour market--it doesn't have all the perks of the Bistro but does have great snacks...

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon for the next tournamnet or just for a short getaway!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is a good place for a business hotel, I will say the gal at the front desk was excellent was very friendly and willing to help. The food is ok, the rooms are very plain, nothing fancy at all - if there on business, I guess I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bubba086
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Good Day!

Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments. I will pass them on to our front desk assoicates. We look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 14, 2013

First time at this location and it will not be the last. Very nice exterior and interior areas. Room was clean and very spacious. Required a roll in handicapped room, first level near an exit and was accommodated nicely. Only 2 rooms away from exit door to parking lot. As I said room was very spacious and nicely decorated and well maintained. A/C unit - whisper quiet never knew it was running and did keep the room COLD - they way I like it. Bed was very comfy and we slept well. Wi Fi access was great, fast and reliable. Stayed 3 nights. Staff was very courteous and helpful. Check-in was a breeze and check-out was the same. Will definitely stay there again as son and family live in Melbourne. Hotel is just 5 - 10 mins. from his home.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Smorgie138
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Good Day!

I am so happy were able to provide you a home away from home while visiting your son in Melbourne.
We stive to make every guest moment memorable, from the time of checkin to the time fo check out. I will pass on your great comments to everyone on our team.
We will see you soo!!!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I just stayed here- though tit was a lovely place UNTIL...I got home checked my credit card.I have been doubled bill with two additional charges of $20 each= nearly $200 of OVERCHARGES!!!
Repeated calls to Marriott only result in me being told to call my bank and straighten it out!!!!
A very nice stay perfectly ruined!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank misslucy13
Good Day!

I first want to apologized for the inconveniences that you experienced with the authorizations on your Debit Card. At our property we want guests to have a wonderful experience from check in to check out.
It is true we do authorize $20 each day for any incidentals that may occur. We also charge for the room and tax. Those incidental authroizations are released by the hotel at the time of check out. Depending on which bank, it takes 5-7 business day to be released.
If I can assist further in help getting the additional authorizations release please reach out to me.

chiara.kafer@marriott.com