“great hotel and wonderful staff”

Courtyard Melbourne West
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Vero Beach
“great hotel and wonderful staff”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stay at the Courtyard Melbourne for mini getaways from home. The location is easy access to the Melbourne airport and right across the street from shopping and dining. I've stayed here often, the last time before an early morning flight. The wakeup call was on time and I was offered transportation to the airport (which I declined). The staff has always been welcoming and efficient, saying hi and welcome back when going thru the lobby entrance. I've had two issues in my many stays, one a screen door off track and one a lightbulb burnt out. Both were taken care of within minutes of reporting them. I recommend asking for a poolview as there's really no views from this hotel except that. The beds are comfortable and there's a sofa in the king bed rooms, I haven't stayed in a 2 queen room. Breakfast is decent for the price or you can walk or drive a couple of blocks for other options. The pool is decent and has plenty of seating.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Trenton, NJ
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Easy access from I-95 and ~75 minutes from MCO airport. This courtyard is very close to Harris, DRS, and NGC. The rooms were your typical courtyard i.e. same pictures on the walls, but very clean. The staff was much more friendly than other Marriott properties that I stay at. And..oh yeah, the pool was great!

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room facing the pool.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We recently stopped here on our way to our cruise ship in Port Everglades. It was getting later in the evening and we decided that we would stop in this area for the night so our drive the next day would not be too long. The staff was warm and friendly and very accommodating. The room and bathroom was clean and we got a good night sleep. Reasonably priced. We had looked at some other chains along the oceanfront that were overpriced. This fit our needs perfectly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sailingchip
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Were there with another couple for State Bowling Tournament. Staff was excellent. Check-in smooth and friendly. Room clean with flat screen HD TV and free wireless internet. Wake up call in am was on time and we needed a later checkout and got it. All staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast available--buffet for 9.95- or ala carte items. Staff ready to help you if needed.
Check out smooth. Good experience. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Fork Union, Virginia
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed here one night, and it was enough to get the job done. No outstanding experience, but no complaints either. I will mention that the hotel is a little akward to get into from the road - we missed the entrance and had to double back around.
Decent beds, good TV, nice bathroom... like I said: good enough to get the job done for a one-night stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Deltona, Florida
Reviewed March 2, 2012

i went there for a date night my husband and i do sometime and when i afrived they sent me to one rm that had a guest luggage in there sent me to the second rm and it had a ocean in the bathroom sent to last room and slept like i was at a club all night ppl kids knocking on doors and running and screaming all night threw halways this ,otel is poor the apperance and all outdated funriture and the front desk staff was polite the mgr over the property named jim i kept explainging to him how this was wrong for us to walk in on these ppl stuff in rm and how they could have been getting dressed and he kjust kept interrupting me and he comp. my one night stay and added my points to my rewards but thats not enough i hope u dont ever have to get in this place as i was having to talk to this guy he was so in a rush and kept saying ok ok alright everything is resolved it wasnt i felt like it should have been a two night stay on them and my points but that still would have not resolved the issue it was so unprofessional and all they can say is that they have new staff to keep the rooms clean and still nothing about the ppl luggage and personals in rm we were to check into NEVER!!! again I will stay here ane BEWARE!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JayRina2009
Oregon, USA
Reviewed February 22, 2012

One night here on business. A standard Courtyard Marriott from the 90's except the sparkling staff. It has been updated with wifi and flat panel HDTV's. The wifi is property wide and strong signal at least in my room near the ice machine and the lobby. Plenty of power outlets in the room. There was a TGI Friday's across the street (Courtyards and TGIF's seem to go together).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business