Courtyard by Marriott Melbourne West
$130
$118
Hilton.com
$93
La Quinta Inn & Suites Melbourne Viera(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$95
HolidayInn.com
$166
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewscourtyard by marriotttypical courtyardstarbucks coffeecourtyard arearoom was cleanfree wififront desk staffhotel is locatedcheck in was a breezean older hotelmini fridgean upgradewould definitely stay here againshort drivechecking inparking lotconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I was here for two nights with family; we used the hotel as a launching pad for area attractions. That being said, the hotel functioned perfectly for our use. Other than the complimentary parking (no issues; always spaces available) and internet (minor issues which I did not report), we did not use anything else in the hotel.

With the internet, once I connected the first night, the signal dropped every now and then. Once it did connect, though, the speeds on the first night were inconsistent, ranging from dial-up to netflix fast. The second and third days, however, there were no problems with the in-room, wireless guest internet.

People have repeatedly pointed out cleanliness issues at this hotel. I had absolutely no issues with the cleanliness at all. No stray hairs of any kind; no bugs, etc. I really can't complain here.

The staff wore wooden smiles, yet were quick and efficient. I like this; I don't really care to be fawned over when going to a hotel/airline/restaurant. If you are the lobby lizard type who stays at hotels for the lobbies and to make friends with the staff, this hotel probably isn't for you. If you are like me and don't care what the lobby looks like and are not looking for a friend at the front desk, you'll be happy about the staff here.

There are multiple fast food places here within walking distance. I feel that $10.00 per person is actually too much for a hotel lobby breakfast, yet honestly, I did not order/take it. There is a Publix grocery store within a 15 minute walk; Winn Dixie is further up the street.

I would recommend this place to others. You'll need a vehicle to access this hotel (and actually, any place in this area as I did not see ANY public transit). I would happily stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We ended up in Melbourne accidentally and didn't have anything with us. The hotel was very accommodating and provided us with some complementary toiletries and some laundry products to wash our one change of clothes. The rooms were clean and the staff extremely friendly. Also, a good selection of fresh fruit at breakfast!!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We have stayed at this Courtyard two time now since the first of the year. Friendly staff and vey clean rooms. The pool is very relaxing for a late evening swim. You can't beat the $9.99 breakfest in the morning either. If your not staying on the beach this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I have been coming to this Courtyard for many years. It is an older hotel, but very well-maintained. The grounds are beautiful and perfectly manicured. Most rooms have some kind of little balcony, and if you are lucky enough to get a poolside room, you have a very nice lush garden area to look at. There is also plenty of free parking.

The fantastic, friendly hotel staff makes this hotel even more of a pleasure to visit. On my most recent stay, “Johnny” at the check-in desk was particularly nice and friendly, and quick to give me restaurant tips and other area tips. “Sharon” in the breakfast room is another great employee. She keeps the buffet area neat, well-stocked and clean; all while running around tending to guests’ needs. These types of employees are what keep me coming back here.

The rooms themselves are very nice, clean and roomy. There’s a work desk (free wi-fi), a sofa, coffee table, mini-fridge, and coffee pot. The beds are comfy and clean. Even though the hotel is older, the rooms seem very updated with new carpeting and furnishings. There is a little business center in the lobby, as well as an area to sit and watch TV. There’s a restaurant that serves a full buffet breakfast, but there is a charge for it (the buffet is a little expensive - around $10). Sometimes, you can get the breakfast included in your hotel rate (such as I did). If you can get this rate, go for it – the buffet is delicious and you can also order off the menu.

All in all, this is a great hotel. There are lots of choices in the area, but, I always come back here. It’s conveniently located to the little downtown area, as well as shops, department stores, and a mall across the street. The pristine public beach is a quick 15 minute (or less) drive across the causeway. Try this hotel – it’s all good!

Room Tip: Try for a room overlooking the pool and beautiful courtyard
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I must say the staff was very nice, check-in/check-out very easy & pleasant, also, the breakfast was nice & offered a nice variety of choices. However, the property does not have a bar or restaurant (several restaurants nearby but traffic and turning around to go left is horrific)) and is very outdated when looking at the exterior. The rooms were the smallest we've ever seen for a Courtyard Marriott, very tight quarters if you have a visitors, I only weigh 130 lbs. and found I was bumping into furniture as I moved through the room. Frig was hidden in cabinet, but at least they had a frig...no microwave though. The balcony was very small and was full of dirt, leaves, debris...totally overlooked by the cleaning staff. The courtyard view was nice & the pool looked lovely but was very crowded & noisy, plus the water was cloudy & had debris in it. We wanted to use the jacuzzi, but the jets didn't work & the water was much hotter than any jacuzzi we've ever used...could only put our foot in it & realized that it was not usable. We will definitely not stay at this facility again when in the Melbourne/Viera area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family