“Worst Holiday Inn this year” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center

Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
California
“Worst Holiday Inn this year”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights for the Discovery shuttle launch. The card key would not unlock the first room they gave us. After two tries we asked for a different room. Breakfast in the morning was a disaster. The one person handling the room was over whelmed. When we returned that night, the room had not been serviced. We had to call to get some towels. No one answered teh desk when we tried to place a wakeup call. Breakfast the next day with new servers took 45 minutes and featured burnt coffee. We were on the third floor of 5 but they ran out of papers before they got to us. Go somewhere else until they get a new manager.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Melbourne, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2011

This hotel is supposed to be a "full service" hotel with dining and lounge facilities. We were there Christmas Eve and scheduled to stay for three days. The dining and lounge was closed "because it is Christmas Eve!!". There was no breakfast service, no room service, no nothing. I asked about the rest of the holiday and was told the hotel would not be serving at all during the holiday. This was the reason we stayed here for the "full service". We left after one night and stayed at another hotel, different brand. When I contacted the corporate offices I was told the location manager would be contacting me within 48 hours. Never happened!! Even after I contacted the corporate office again. Nothing...nada!!! I understand that certain holidays are very family oriented, however, I also understand a hotel is a business and should take care of it's guests, not ignore them. We would NEVER stay here again, holiday or not!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank garnet47
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

My husband & I were in FLA for our granddaughter's wedding. We arrived @ 1:30 AM since our original flight had been cancelled & rescheduled. Not knowing exactly were the hotel was located, I called the night clerk, Paul & he guided us to the hotel. Immaculate, well appointed, most comfortable bed & quiet. We had room service for breakfast in the morning & the food came quickly and hot!! Absolutely will stay here again if we come back to this area.
Also, when we were on our way to the wedding, it was after housekeeping came around to our floor. I asked that the room be made up; and when we returned that night, it was clean as a whistle.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Durangojane
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2011

The manager was extremely nice. They delivered a fridge and microwave for both of our visits and gave us a nice upgrade.

We found the location of this hotel to be fantastic. It's just off I95, about an hour from Orlando and 30 minutes from Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach, so it enabled us to stay in one place and see many different things.

There are many restaurants nearby: Bob Evans, Sonny's BBQ, Uno Pizza, McDonald's, and Chick-fil-A is practically connected to the parking lot! It's also an easy 15 minute drive to Satellite Beach, a very nice, quiet beach with newer, CLEAN restrooms.

We liked the hotel and location so much that we stayed here again on our way driving back up Florida after visiting the Everglades.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BestPlacesintheUSA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2010

It's almost 1 a.m. Doors on the first floor have been slamming since 10:30. Unsupervised children are running the hallways. The pool was open until midnight, so that probably added to the chaos. Nice hotel, too bad it isn't adequately staffed so this foolishness wouldn't have gone on as long as it has. I will ask about night staff next time I book a room. I wil be asking for a refund.

• Stayed January 2011
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

I have been traveling recently for work and I have seen my fair share of hotel rooms over the past few months. The Holiday Inn Viera has been the most Pleasant, the Cleanest Room I have seen in Florida!! Also, the pillow-top mattresses ROCK! I could tell that they are brand new. The staff is OUTSTANDING! They were so friendly and helpful.

The RenDezVous Restaurant and Lounge was and excellent experience as well. Definitely Not what you would expect from hotel food. The prices were very reasonable and the food was that of an upscale Bistro.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

This hotel was perfect for our needs. My husband and I went on a 4 day getaway vacation. The hotel was very clean and green. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I loved the pool, it was large with various depths and the perfect temperature. The hotel was in a great location. There was lots of restaurants around and it was very close to the highway. The hotel was also very quiet and the beds were very comfy. We slept great for being away from home. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple