“Disappointed”

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Babylon, New York
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Usually stay at Fairfield Inns but everything booked the night we drove in so chose another Marriott option. Room was very nice, quiet, comfortable firm mattress. Needed ice for cooler, and although booklet in room said refrigerators available for ice, ours had no ice made in freezer. Asked front desk and then manager who appeared annoyed that I should even ask, and promptly told me they had none (kitchen but no ice?). Received small amount of ice after annoyed husband went back down to ask. For $176 you would expect to be treated better.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank grammysgirl
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Good Day!

We appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to share with us your feedback. We sincerely thank you for selecting the Melbourne Residence Inn by Marriott for your past stay. Feedback from our guests, both negative and positive is the key to our continuous improvement process and our ability to provide quality service and a quality product to all our guests.

On behalf of our General Manager we do apologize for your recent experience here. As you know and experienced our rooms all have refrigerators with ice machines. In order to keep everything hygienic, we make sure the ice that is made from the previous guest is disposed of. This way each guest can make sure that the ice is “fresh” so to speak.

Yes, we do have a kitchen but we do not have an ice machine. We have a cube machine, which makes just enough for our needs in the kitchen. Believe me, I wish we had an ice machine.

If you would like to discuss anything further, please feel free to reach out to me or my general manager.

Chiara.kafer@marriott.com

Jim Ridenour
Jim.ridenour@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Normally not a fan of Residence Inn's simply because of the weak bonus points and so-so breakfast. I however would stay here again as it is close to the airport and some pretty good food places. I enjoyed the elite member plinko as it helped the point total more than a normal RI. The rooms are the standard new RI look that I do like over the old townhouse style.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank James T
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Good Day James!

I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! Hopefully you won big in Plinko!

We thank you for your Marriott Loyalty!

San Jose, California
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This hotel is comfortable and convenient to downtown Melbourne. Great full breakfast, free parking and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I had thought I left some clothes behind when I checked out and they were very helpful and phoned me back. They checked with the next guests staying in the same room. Many guests were staying there with their dogs. Also, many young kids with a group. The hotel gave us excellent restaurant recommendations. Would stay there again if in Melbourne.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor if you want quiet. Many kids were staying there.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Good Day!

Thanks for the great review! You must have been here the weekend of the Thespian Competition. That is always a fun filled weekend.

We appreciate your patience with them.

Thank you again and we hope you visit our property again.

North Carolina
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I love Residence Inn but this one was not the best. The first think that hit me as I walked down the hallway was the odor. It wasn't better once I got in my room. My wife had to spray the room. I would not recommend it for anyone traveling highway 95. It is quite a distance from the freeway.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Good Day!

Thank you so much for your input. We are in the process of researching this and want to thank you for letting us know.

Southport, North Carolina
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Even though this Residence Inn did not offer a manager's reception at night, my stay was exceptionally pleasant with a spacious suite, wonderful breakfast buffet, and extremely professional staff on board. My only complaint would be that most of the area's restaurants were located approximately four miles towards I-95 and were not within walking distance.
Overall it is a great location with a Publix across the street and a historic district near by with specialty locales for dining.

Room Tip: The rooms on higher floors were extremely quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ladd298
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordiantor at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderul remarks about out Residence Inn property. I will pass on your wonderful coments to our team. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and got to experience our local areas of interest.

We hope to see you soon!

Happy Holiday!
Proeprty Coordinator
Lutz, Florida
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks on business. I usually try to stay at a Residence Inn when I am away. This one is different than others I have been to. I noticed they don't offer dinner Monday through Thursday like many other Residence Inns I have stayed at. Coffee is not available 24/7 in the lobby like most others.

One thing I did not like was my room was located in the rear corner of the hotel and I was woken up several times very early in the morning by the garbage truck emptying the dumpster. I also would like to note that the ottoman in my room was very worn to the point where the vinyl/leather material was cracking all over.

I just checked my credit card and I was apparently charged a small fee for some incidental I assume. I am not sure what exactly I was charged for and it is not worth my time calling to find out as it is a small amount. Another thing is the tv channels are very basic channels, I would say less than 20 channels total and most of them are news channels.

If I ever have to return to Melbourne for work I will probably stay at another hotel just because of the lack of tv channels and the odd charge on my credit card. One other thing I would like to mention is that the staff was very friendly but the staff alone won't make me return to a hotel unfortunately.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PAB111111
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Good Day!
Thank you so much for your input on how we can improve our property. It is guests like you that help with your comments, whether good or bad.
We strive to make each guest experience a wonderful stay from Check in to check out.
I understand that when traveling you expect an experience to remember and I apologize you did not get that during your stay here.

In regards to the “odd charge”, our standard operating procedures are that we authorize the credit card at check in for room and tax and then an additional $20 for incidentals daily. If the odd charge is still showing on your account please reach out to me.

We are in the process of replacing the ottomans and in 2014 will have a new cable system that will provide an increase in the number of channels. We encourage you to please try us again in the New Year! If you do return please let me know personally so I can make sure you get a great room away from the back of the hotel.

Chiara.kafer@marriott.com
Walt Disney World, Florida
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel is very convenient to all of the area attractions , my wife and four year old grandson stayed from Friday to Monday, and had a wonderful stay. The front desk was one of the most friendly groups of people I've had the pleasure to meet. From directions to great places to eat, they were on the money.
We had a 1 bedroom w/king and a sleeper, very comfortable small kitchen large fridge. the pool was warm and very relaxing. Over the weekend they had a soccer and cheerleader groups in the same time not a problem .

Room Tip: room 508 was great you looked out at the pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kellygrandpa
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Good Day!

I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your wonderful comments.
We strive to make every guest moment memorable and I am glad we were able to do that for your family.

We hope to see you soon!